Aaron Lennon..

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by Billywhizz, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billywhizz Well-Known Member

Billywhizz
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    Anyone confused as to what's wrong with Lennon, just doesn't seem to be the same player that terrorised every left back in the country for the first 7 months of last season, don't know if he's still struggling with the groin injury he picked up last season, but he he's just not at the races at all this season, continually cutting inside into traffic, never seems to run at his left back, he has the pace over any left back in the country, never looks for space to run into like last season, so easy aaron, give and go son. While i'm at it Crouch is the worst striker in the world, he can't head it, if he wins a header it normally goes to a defender or out for a goal kick, he has the pace of a sloth in quick sand, can't shoot, can't pass...yeah i know he's scored some vital goals for us...man city last season, young boys but i'm sorry he's total garbage, how he's a professional footballer i have no idea. Rant over, apart from Gomes what were u doing, play to the whistle man, yeah i know common sense should've prevailed but that's schoolboy stuff.
  2. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Never got right after his lay off.

He should be smashing it right now too if he is 100% as there is 0% pressure on him with Bale VDV and slowly Modders getting in on form.
  3. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Scored a goal with him in Fifa today...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Thought hes been getting back in form last week and today.

Also thought Modric had his form back today aswell . . .
  5. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Agree with contrast. Lennon is getting better every match. That is a good sign.
  6. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    he was good against inter ..i see him gettin bak to what hewas at the beg of last season, i want him to get there asap
  7. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    Lennon was poor tonight , he just hasnt reached the form of last season, dont know why but its really disappointing.
  8. Scarlotti Well-Known Member

Scarlotti
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Lennon has never shown top form since coming back from injury!

He seems to be lacking in confidence. As you say, he always comes inside (where the defender is shepherding him) as doesn't have the confidence to go outside and use his pace, We keep seeing glimpses of this abillity to beat his full back but it is so frustrating to see the ability not being not being fully exploited.

I don't think that having a full back behind him who plays so high up the field as Hutton does is any help to him whatsoever,

After a few early good moves today against Man U he became totally anonymous.
  9. SweatySpursBalls New Member

SweatySpursBalls
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im just hoping hes not feeling in Bales shadow.

maybe he needs a harry hug:y3:
  10. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Keep the faith in Lennon !! He's such a bright star.
  11. Gareth Well-Known Member

Gareth
    Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like Lennon & all but its not fair that when one player is out of form they are still getting picked every week. You could understand when Lennon was on fire, but when he isn't you gotta give Bentley a go. But I guess Redknapp works on favourites.
  12. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I have to disagree with you Lennon is way better than Bentley he still has the pace! I don't think Lennon is on Harry's fav list at the moment though.
  13. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    he just struggles with crtain players around him as in the england team with johnson. is it hutton that he struggles to play with? something just aint right and i think if arry can find out what it is and sort it then lennon will be back to his best
  14. Gareth Well-Known Member

Gareth
    Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I know Bentley doesn't have a touch on Lennons pace, but Lennon atm is meant to be hitting good balls into the box & thats what Bentley can do with or without pace!
  15. Billywhizz Well-Known Member

Billywhizz
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    Gotta agree with mersey, i'd have a misfiring lennon anyday of the week over bentley, the guy is so not the player he was at blackburn, every game he gets a chance he fluffs it, tries to much and it never comes off, he's slow and his deliveries are so poor it's laughable. I guess it doesn't help not playing every week but he's still training so he should still be able to cross the thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gareth Well-Known Member

Gareth
    Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I'd give Bentley a go & put Lennon out on the cold to maybe give him a kick to wise up. If Bentley was playing every match & was on poor form, I'm sure as hell Redknapp would put Lennon on. Every good team does that & shows their indepth squads. GOD.
  17. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Give Lennon time he's never let me down yet!!
  18. Scarlotti Well-Known Member

Scarlotti
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Great to see Aaron back on fantastic form against Inter tonight - probably helped by the overall performance of the entire team!
  19. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I knew he'd get his form back this performance will give his confidence a huge boost!!
  20. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    I hope i'm not the only one who felt he didn't really do anything tonight...

I never saw him beat Chivu once which is what he's supposed to do, get to the byline and drill balls into the box. For some stupid reason he keeps coming inside and floating the ball into the box. It's not the Aaron Lennon i saw mid way through last year! He was absolutely brilliant but now he doesn't deserve to play if i'm totally honest.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    He didn't do all that much personally, but his pace can create so much. He did a great job cutting in and holding the ball near the 18 waiting for attack to get forward.

He is key in most victories we have and tonight was no different. His crosses aren't up to snuff, but he does the little things well and that will keep him on the pitch.
  22. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    If Lennon could cross with the accuracy of Bale , then we would be so much better off .
  23. Billywhizz Well-Known Member

Billywhizz
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    I felt i was close to eating my words in the original post, thought he was close to his best last night, there was more purpose and pace in his play. Good signs me thinks.
  24. Merseytott New Member

Merseytott
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    You're spot on as i have said in a previous post Lennon is such a whizz he has passion and energy i love his play he gives it
    100% every game now some of you may disagree with me but i want to say what i see in Aaron. When he first signed he was so young and back then i can remember he had the pace back then and to be honest with you he never lost it. I thought that guy is gonna be awesome!!

Obviously when he received his ankle injury that would disrupt his performance but come on there is nothing wrong with the guy as a player.
  25. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,228 / 8 / -0
    seems to be slowly playing himself back into form. I thought he was pretty good against MU, and better against Inter. Maybe we'll get a breakout performance from him soon.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    I will repeat myself , Lennon really needs to get more accurate ball in .
  27. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    I think at the start of last season his final ball was spot on. If he can find that again then we are looking in incredibly fine shape. Lennon and Modric have both turned a corner in my opinion this season and both close to getting to the top of their game.
  28. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Got to admit he did frustrate me. Chivu was there for the taking and i honestly believe that he could have done to Chivu what Bale did to Maicon, but he kept coming inside and laying the ball off rather than really attck the full back (on one of the few times he did Chivu got a yellow card.) Saying that he did defend very well and was always an option for a pass.
    For me the only reason why hes not doing what Bale is, is because he still doesn't have that confidence at the moment. So while i agree to some of what THFCwill has said, i don't think you can drop him (nor would i want to) as the only way we will get Lennon back to the level he was producing before the injury is to give him games, as the only way he will get his confidence back is by ding it again on a saturday......
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    No one's talking about dropping him .... he looks really confident on the ball , he just doesn't want to get himself injured it looks like .
  30. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Rev, THFCwill said he would drop him, which is his opinion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.