Afl

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Outre, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    anyone here follow AFL?
    Ledley4PrimeMinister you must; being from australia.
    i'm sure there are a few more aussies around.
    speak up!
  2. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Another week, another Geelong win. Probably sounds arrogant - but I am suck of us winning. Well not winning, but being up by 10 goals at half time.

Cant wait for the Finals. last year I was so nervous. This year I am going to site back and (hopefully) enjoy it.
  3. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    oh boy i can not wait until you guys fall.
    i think you'll smash it again this year, but next will be a lot tougher. hawthorn will be even better next year. but in saying that it's not like you're list is even that old.
    do you read big footy?
    theres talk of chapman leaving at the end of the season. i can only hope he's coming carltons way.
  4. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    yeah I am on BigFooty.

Would be interesting if Chapman did leave, but he bleeds blue and white. I don't think he wants to leave. I reckon its all bull****.

Big upset from the Tigers today. I tipped them to finish 8th at the start of the year so I do not think I will be fair off.
  5. Callaecia New Member

Callaecia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Collingwood ftw! sad that we lost twice this season to carlton though, next season with didak unsuspended, top four spot is assured.
  6. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    twice! seeing eddies face after both games was priceless...
    two of the greatest days of my life...

if you are reading this and don't follow afl.. imagine smashing arsenal two times in the one season...
  7. Callaecia New Member

Callaecia
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    and yet we still finish higher than carlton and make the finals
  8. austspurs Member

austspurs
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    go the eagles...
  9. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Well I certainly took winning for granted :eek:
  10. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    COME ON YOU BLUE BAGGERS!!!!!
    man richmond are crap!....

'they know we're coming'
  11. CaptainDelanosFarm New Member

CaptainDelanosFarm
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Melbourne Demons and East Perth Royals fan here , been a awful 12 months , both teams wooden spooners , Spurs lose league cup final . Only way is up from here for all my teams , hopefully all rise up together .
  12. Ledley4PrimeMinister New Member

Ledley4PrimeMinister
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I basically live in port adelaide, so usually go for them when they play, but what I do is watch the interesting/close matches and barrack for whoever is losing, or a big underdog (like richmond when they played against essendon today)
  13. Ledley4PrimeMinister New Member

Ledley4PrimeMinister
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    The geelong-bulldogs game was so good. More thrilling than Carlton vs. Hawthorn where fevola took the great mark but punted a behind in the last minute.

What I like about AFL is that there is no top 4 monopoly. EPL can be a drag like that in the way no other league can, not even serie A or la liga.
  14. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Queens Birthday has been horrible... Melbourne are so average.

The intent to play through the middle is good but their basic skills are just not there.
  15. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    it was a horrible game... you are 100% correct that melbourne have no skills....
    however in a season or two i think their backline will be something "special". and if they can build a forward line around watts (i assume they plan too)... they should be alright.....
    morton and grimes are going to be guns....
  16. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Finals just around the corner...

Who is your tip for the Grand Final Outre?
  17. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i hate to say it; but the pies are probably in the best form...
    i watched the carlton v adelaide game today and the crows looked very good.. (blues were awful though)...
    i don't know about the saints or cats anymore...
    the cats really need stevie j back asap... i think if they win their first final and get the weeks break then they could go all the way...

i obviously hope carlton win the flag.. but if we can't, then the only team i wouldn't hate winning would be the doggies...

what are your thoughts?
  18. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Looks like we wont have Dog for about three weeks, but Hawkins is looking good at the moment.

With no SJ, it means we can play Chapman and Ablett up forward alot more which is a plus. With Kelly back on the HBF (gee we have missed him), we can have Bartel, Selwood and Corey in the middle where they belong.

We are so hot and cold though.. If we make the Grand Final we will win - We cant lose... its getting there which worries me.

Saints playing at the G will be found out. A little bit of rain and they will be gone. Pies are in the in form team, but agree - Adelaide are the smokey from outside the top 4.

Im hoping if the catters dont win it for me, the doggies get up.
  19. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    well it looks like carlton are flying up to brisbane for the first elimination final on friday night... should be a good game...

adelaide will pump essendon... did you see lloyd bump sewell at the start of the 3rd quarter today?.. knocked him out cold... then an all in followed... essendon simply wont be able to beat the crows...

then for the top 4!... man we're going to have two great games here... if your mob can get up over the pies then you'll be pretty sweet...
    you've gotta hope that the dogs can break em down tomorrow for you...

and i agree about the saints... they'll get found out at the g (against a good side; not melbourne).. i don't think they've played THAT well this season... sure they're record has been good... but they've only won one big game...

i can't wait for next weekend... this has been one of the best seasons i can remember...
  20. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Yeh saw that. Was the best thing Lloyd did all day - he was very very average.
  21. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    so the dogs won by 24 which means they'll play your mob... i would be a bit worried...
    melbourne managed to lose which means they'll get the priority pick...
    i hope st kilda smash the pies and then adelaide smash them the week after...

how i would love to see malthouse cry after that...
  22. modric 2 defoe New Member

modric 2 defoe
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Crows fan here, gutted after last night i am on the geelong bandwagon now. **** i hate collingwood!!!!!!!! :angry:
  23. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i've over footy for this season...
    it would be nice to see the dogs win.. but screw em... i want the cats to win...

"i have since watched a few steven seagal movies and now realize that the pressure point is no laughing matter"
    ~chris judd~
    thats a laughing matter..
  24. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    COME ON CATTERS PREMIERS AGAIN.

Im glad that we had a part in making sure that little rapist Steven Milne is still not a premiership player.
  25. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hahaha

have you got that e-mail about st kilda yet?
    the one with kossie holding reiwoldt?

it's on my work computer.. i'll post it tomorrow when i'm here..

i'm pumped for next season.. brock mclean is a great pickup...
    i'm a little worried about all this fev news though... i'm believing that the club has actually had enough of his crap...
    if we trade though i can't see us getting decent compensation...
    trade week is going to be hectic this year...
  26. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Have not got that email yet, would love to see it.

Not sure why you got McLean to be honest? You have a very good and very young midfield. Although I guess McLean will be able to go in for the hard ball so Judd wont have to do it all. Your defence is by far your weakest link (its very average) so I dont understand why you would go for McLean when you need defenders. Could have thrown alot of money at Brian Lake.

Fevola wont go. You are entering a premiership window and in all honestly I dont rate your defence or young key forwards... You rely on him way to much. I know its silly to say, but I think Fevola is bigger than the club. Without him you arnt much. You need him to go forward.

Honestly, I think he is a douche and if he was an average player he would (and should) be moved on, but you guys need him way to much. I think the club is just trying to scare him.

Agree with not getting much trade compensation... Clubs wont want to pay alot because of the off field problems. You would get alot less for Fevola than what you gave for Judd.

And yes... Trade week will be the biggest for awhile. I expect Geelong to go hard... We wont have good picks for awhile seeings as we are up the top of the ladder, so I think we will trade for players that are youngish (say, 22) or give up players better than fringe players such as Blake and Stokes and a mid pick for picks in the 10-20 range.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  27. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    sorry for the delay..
    i've been on holidays..

[​IMG]
  28. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    Draft was pretty much as expected. From those 'in the know', North, Cats and Bombers did the best with the picks they had.
  29. Outre New Member

Outre
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    north, cats and bombers all did well...
    but it's hard to tell.. i work with a melbourne supporter and he was hoping to take vardy with pick 18...

our draft is so hard to judge... i had my fingers crossed for talia... but now that i've been looking at lucas i'm over the moon...

next year is going to be awesome... i can't help but think the pack with close in a little to you guys... the saints i don't think will be as dominant... hawthorn will be back to their best... the dogs have their power forward... and of course; can you smell what the blues are cooking (sigh)....

can't wait until supercoach and dreamteam is up.... we'll have to go in the same league....
  30. spurs2rise New Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +406 / 0 / -0
    I know its only one player, but alot depends on Hawkins. Realistically, we can be better next year than what we were this year. Our midfield should be consistant as always, our back will be solid. Taylor has slide in perfectly and in all honesty Harley was past it. Gillies was U/18 FB All Australian before being drafted last year, and looked good in the 8 or so games he played for us.

A fit SJ and Ottens with Josh Hunt back after missing last year... if Hawkins can improve again like he did last year and kick closer to 50 goals than 35, we can keep the gap on the Bulldogs and Pies.

I agree with you about Saint Kilda. This year was 'tehre year' of dominance, much like 2007 was to us. They'll still be dominant and most likely finish top 2 or at the least top 4, but wil not be destroying teams with the 4 quarter performances like this year.

Yeah I was suprised Vardy slipped as people 'in the know' on Bigfooty stated he was one to watch and hoped we could pick him up if he was available with 36, let alone with the pick we got him for. i think it was our 4th rounder! Apparently Christienson was a top 10 or top 15 player but had an injury and very average season this year so we picked him up with another cheap pick.