Alexandre Lacazette

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by basskadet, Mar 4, 2015.

1. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0
    Yes, yes, YESSSS

I've been bigging him up all last year & couldn't really understand us looking at the likes of Ben Yedder instead of this geezer. Hopefully Hugo can play a role in bringing him to Spurs because adding Lacazette to our front line of, well, Kane would move us up a level without question.

Tottenham step up chase for Alexandre Lacazette
  2. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
  3. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0

That's total nonsense tho, sorry.

That is simply bravado. At the end of the day, he won't not negotiate with us if we're putting the money down & Lacazette wants to come. Besides, it isn't only down to Aulas. At the end of the day tho, if any deal with Lyon would be jeopardised by Levy it would be the Lloris deal itself. The fact that they not only continued negotiating but saw the deal threw demonstrates that Spurs & Lyon can & will do business no matter what Aulas said back then. Lots of water has gone under the bridge since then too, such as the arrival of Baldini for an example

That said, convincing Lacazette may be the tougher job. There's no question in my mind that we could easily offer him a starting place over almost anyone else, but Champion's League may be a deal breaker
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Right, its a bit far fetched to assume that Aulas wont deal with us but you can see how Levy has rubbed him the wrong way. Whether or not he's gotten over that is another thing.

When we played against Lyon in the EL I thought both Lacazette and Umiti were both very good. I havent watched much of Lacazette since but going by the links he's highly rated so I'd welcome him if we managed to convince without CL (if we dont finish in the top 4)
  5. brogangrant8 Member

brogangrant8
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    21 goals in 24 games in Ligue 1. As much as I would love him, don't think it will happen without Champions League.
  6. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    Yeah probably won't happen. When it came to transfers at the end of last season and all throughout the window every few posts I would mention Lacazette. Every freaking summer there's a player I mention we should sign before they have their breakout season and we do nothing (although Lacazette was plenty good last season). It's like clockwork.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pompower Well-Known Member

pompower
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 19 / -0
    No way we're getting him now lmao.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. alltheyabove Well-Known Member

alltheyabove
    Ratings:
    +444 / 13 / -0
    He's too big a name for us now. Problem is, outside of ings, I have no idea what else is out there in terms of strikers.
  9. ShaneOMac Well-Known Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +474 / 23 / -0
    I think we should go all out for this guy and ings. If we get those two, a CB and a proper CM there is no way we can miss out on top 4 with the other stinkers competing for it. Coys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0
  11. LyngbyBK Well-Known Member

LyngbyBK
    Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    I actually think that Ings is enough (well, i might be a little deluded when i talk about Ings). I believe that he will improve massively when he is played along better players compared to what Burnley have, while he would still be able to create chances on his own. The pace he can bring to our attacking line is immense (it would give much better meaning to put on a pacy striker in Ings, than to put on a nonlethal Soldado with very little pace).

But i am completely open for buying both :)
  12. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +1,210 / 31 / -0
    It will be interesting how we will line up next season when we get another striker capable of scoring especially if it is someone of Lacazette's quality who would be a starter. Could we potential go with a 3-5-2 formation to maximize our strikers ability, because Liverpool has been rather successful with the 3-4-3 system that maximizes their pace.
  13. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0
    I'm not overly convinced by Ings if I'm honest. He's done OK in the Prem, but people are talking him up more than he really deserves, it's just become fashionable

Compared to Kane he just doesn't come close, & as much as you could argue "Kane has better players around him" - the expectation is bigger at Spurs also and, other than Eriksen, I'm not fully satisfied our "better players" have really lived up to their billing at all. Instead, we're now relying on youngsters and our season has been saved by the likes of Kane, Mason & Bentaleb.

Ings has played more games than Kane & has had over 500 more minutes on the pitch, yet he has scored 5 fewer goals & only has 1 more assist in the League. His shot accuracy is pretty poor at 40% too, & that has nothing to do with the players he has around him, & his pass completion is the weaker also.

The bonus to Ings is that, given his contract situation, he'll be pretty cheap. The other option is Berahino, who i've raved over since I 1st saw him. He has played the most games of the 3, but his minutes on the pitch is much more comparable to Ings having played just 5 minutes extra. However, with those 5 extra minutes, Berahino has scored 3 more goals than Ings.

Berahino's shot accuracy is up close to Kane's, hitting the target with more than half of his efforts, but his pass completion is the most impressive of all 3. Berahino has no assists but his stats for chances created and key passes are decent & higher than Kane's (although, I stress, Harry has played over 500 minutes less than both Ings & Berahino).

Basaically, I don't see Ings & Kane as being a great partnership. I would play 1 or the other, like for England U21 (where Kane mostly gets played ahead of Ings). Berahino & Kane looks much better on paper & they've showed for England what a good partnership they can be.

As for Lacazette, he's totally different to Ings & on a totally different level. If there's a remote chance we can get Lacaqzette, we'd be stark raving bonkers to settle for Ings in his stead. I'm all for signing young, English talent, but again I would get Berahino first & foremost because he is more what we need & he would work better with Kane
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. gwill Member

gwill
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    i feel walker and rose are too important for us for this to happen
  15. himel420 Well-Known Member

himel420
    Ratings:
    +2,069 / 76 / -0
    There is no way we are going to get lacazette
  16. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +1,210 / 31 / -0
    That is why I would play them outside as the wing backs as they would offer us genuine width compared to Lamela and Chadli who seem to operate better centrally and tend to cut in much more. Rose has become a much better offensive wing back this season and lets not forget he was a winger. Walker would need to work on his offensive game a bit more, but I don't see why he couldn't become a lite version of Dani Alves he has the pace, stamina, and shot power even though he is lacking in the technical department he could be a very solid two-way winger.

Imaging giving Eriksen more space and time in the center as he has two option in front of him, behind him and on the each sideline.
  17. gwill Member

gwill
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    i should have said "important defensively" but you're right, rose is an ideal wing back and walker could do a job there too. i could see vert/faz/dier (l-r) being a pretty solid unit at the back
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,386 / 61 / -0
    Ings is not as good as Kane or Lacazette. The reason Ings keeps getting mentioned is that he is somebody we could reasonably get, unlike the pipe dreams of somebody like Lacazette, who is too expensive and won't want to come here anyway.

And people talking about us getting both just crack me up.

We're not looking for somebody to pair up with Kane in a 2 striker system. We're looking for a backup to Kane who would be an upgrade to Soldado and Adebayor. Ings is a reasonable candidate for that position.

We also need to get some super young striker talent on to this squad. Where's the 17 year old from the Bulgarian league nobody has ever heard of? We need those kinds of guys who can grow into great strikers without costing us an arm and a leg.
  19. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,298 / 37 / -0
    lacazette, depay, vietto. not happening.
  20. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +694 / 13 / -0
    Position would he play ? he's too good and established to be a backup and i have never seen him play anywhere other then ST
  21. brogangrant8 Member

brogangrant8
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    He can play anywhere across the front four. He used to play on the right wing often but has had a lot of success since going up front.
  22. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +694 / 13 / -0
    So realistically he is a Lamela/Townsend replacement then ? He won't dislodge Kane or Chadli and i would be reluctant to lose either of those two atm.
  23. brogangrant8 Member

brogangrant8
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure how long it's been since he's played on the wing. Quite a while I would guess though. Could be many options though. He could play behind Kane, with Eriksen on the left and Lamela/Townsend on the right.
  24. pzabby Well-Known Member

pzabby
    Ratings:
    +491 / 8 / -0
    It won't happen for many of the reasons stated above, but also at the fact that I can't see him coming knowing that he'll spend most his time on the wing. He became a worldy once gomis left and he was given the striker role for hood. Similar to how sturridge exploded; he won't want to go back to playing that position, unless it's a madrid or barca telling him to do so.

And we're not displacing kane, so unless we move kane to the number 10 permanently, eriksen to the lw, and chadli to right with lacazette as a 9, it has no chance of happening, ignoring champs league, his talent, and bigger clubs wanting him too.
  25. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0
  26. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Quotes from Lacazette

“Last year, when I was being talked about regarding a possible transfer, that worried me, because I struggled to deal with all the speculation which was coming from all sides.” he told OL TV.

“My aim is now to do my best this season and at the end of the season we shall see. I know that several clubs are watching me, but I will think about whether I want to leave or stay later on and then we shall see.

“At the moment I cannot say if I am staying or not, because if a club puts a certain amount of millions of euros on the table, the President will probably tell me to leave.”
  27. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    With the extra money in the EPL there will probably be a lot of players coming this season that wouldn't have in the past. If he wants guaranteed playing time I could see him coming here.
  28. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,298 / 37 / -0
    There will be bigger teams after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. koppel Well-Known Member

koppel
    Ratings:
    +6,161 / 46 / -0
    He will have bigger offers and we don't need a striker that expects to start every single game.

We need players that are willing to play second fiddle but are still professional.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. koppel Well-Known Member

koppel
    Ratings:
    +6,161 / 46 / -0
    If we're looking at players from Lyon I would much rather we went in for Nabil Fekir. This lad is absolutely magnificent and can play all across the three behind the striker.

He's scored 10 goals, made 7 assists and won 5 penalties in his first real season as a professional. 21 years old and will only get better.