Amsterdam to Enschede (and back) for Twente game

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by seanydee, Sep 24, 2010.

1. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Having managed to make it to Bremen and back in one piece I'm planning on going to the FC Twente away game too. (Gutted but can't do Milan due to work commitments).

I fancy doing a couple of nights in Amsterdam, heading to Enschede for the game and heading back to the Dam the same night.

Does anyone have any ideas how to go about this? I've looked into trains and you can get to Enschede from Amsterdam but there aren't trains running late enough to make it back the same night.

Does anyone know of any coach trips doing the run (or some other way of doing it.)

If anyone is driving it I'm more than happy to share fuel (there might be 2 of us going).

Any idea would be great.

See you down the lane.

Sean
  2. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,710 / 32 / -0
    welcome to the forum first off,and im sure some of our dutch fanbase will sort you out
  3. glosyid New Member

glosyid
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Doing the same mate but staying near the ground on the tue night due to no train back to the dam after the game so going back wed lunch time and flying home in the afternoon.Probably your best bet mate.
  4. funster VIP Member

funster
    Ratings:
    +250 / 0 / -0
    I'm doing the same - staying in Enschede overnight.

Worth noting that in Eindhoven they put on a late train back to Amsterdam. Although they had a train station right outside the stadium. Dunno if same will apply at Twente.
  5. DeftonesFan New Member

DeftonesFan
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I checked it on the website of our trainsystem and it says that the last train will leave at 0:31. The first one on the next morning will leave at 4:55. I don't know if you are a partyanimal but you go out and celebrate till 4:30 and then take the train. Amsterdam and Enschede are pretty far from each other though so it ain't easy to travel very quick between them. It is also pretty far from where I live so I only know the details about the train trip. A cab or something is very expensive anyway.
  6. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Deftonefan,

What is the address of the website you checked for the trains. I've been looking myself and the website I looked at (ns.nl) says that the last train is 22:27, unless it has been updated recently.
    I am toying with the idea of going to a bar until the early hours and catching the first train in the morning but don't know what the nightlife will be like on a Tuesday night in Enschede.
  7. Jappelboek New Member

Jappelboek
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Spurs, Maybe 9292ov.nl is helpful to you. I am travelling to Enschede 5 days a week, the last train usually leaves Enschede Drienerlo (train station right in front of the stadium) somewhere around 0.30h. I dont think the NS scheduled in any trains to Amsterdam later that night, So for you who plan on staying late, i would recommend bringing your tent and sleeping bag ;)

Hopefully this is of any use to you! Have a great game this wednesday, may the best win!
  8. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jappelboek,

Thanks for the tip of the website. It is still showing that the last train is 22:27hrs, the next train being 05:00 the following day.

A train at 0:30 would be ideal but I don't want to plan my trip around that without knowing it for certain.

Do you know where the 0:30 train terminates.

Thanks
  9. Jappelboek New Member

Jappelboek
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, in that case I think the 0.30 trains are only active in weekends.. I think that other Twente supporters can help you at the twente forum, fctwente.net. you just click on "forum" on the right hand of the site header. There is an English Section on the forum for you.

Good Luck!
  10. DeftonesFan New Member

DeftonesFan
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I also checked ns.nl and got this. Did you typed in the right day and stuff?
  11. Birdy New Member

Birdy
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    22.27, last train to Amsterdam Central. I recommend you either;
    A) Stay the night in a hotel in Enschede, or
    B) Hang out in one of the pubs in Enschede. I just don't know if they're open that long on thursdays or wednesdays (When's the match?). The first train leaves at about 05.00.

Anyway, glad to have you guys there. The more the merrier!
  12. Eliz Amsterdam New Member

Eliz Amsterdam
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Coach 07-12 from Twente to Amsterdam

Hi everyone !

I will be in Twente also but I am not planning on staying in Enschede until midnight. I have contacted FC Twente about the transport back to Amsterdam. Hopefully I will hear from them by the end of the week. If there is no transport available, I will rent a coach back to Amsterdam Central. More details to follow.
  13. Erwin New Member

Erwin
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you need any help before or after the match, just contact us. I'm almost certain you can go straight to Amsterdam, maybe you'll have to switch trains at Amersfoort.

All the best from Enschede, (currently London ;)) Need a good place to hang though until the match starts.
  14. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Erwin,

There are loads of good pubs in the 'west end' of London for daytime drinks. Before the match your options will be limited near The Lane as you aren,t a Spurs season ticket holder. You can go to the Irish club on Pretoria Road. Come out of White Hart Lane train station and go across the road and that is the end of Pretoria Road. Go up Pretoria for about 200m and the Irish club is on the left. Easy to find and good atmosphere.
  15. Phil1014 New Member

Phil1014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Afternoon all.

this is my first post, i shall do the saying hello to everyone in the proper posting format however i am here as i am having slight travel with the trip back from Enschede. My group and I are scheduled to fly out of Amsterdam airport 9am Wednesday morning, we have severly punished the bloke who booked it however it is done now, so need to get back to Amsterdam from Enschede the night of the game. I saw in the previous posts that Eliz Amsterdam was looking at booking a coach, well you have four people here who are looking ot get back to Amsterdam and would get on board at Enschede.

If anyone else has any ideas i would be greatly apprecaited.

COYS!!
  16. Eliz Amsterdam New Member

Eliz Amsterdam
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi phil

I know FC Twente is trying to arrange a few coaches back to Amsterdam, because there won,t be any trains . Onley can,t confirm anything yet, i need to contact them in the second week of November. So i,ll let you know whats going on then.
  17. Phil1014 New Member

Phil1014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Eliz, really apprecaite that. Any info you can get us on how to get back from Enschede to Amsterdam on the night of the game would be really helpful. Any other spurs fans having trouble getting back let me know of any ideas.

Sadly pretty much every hotel in the town centre is now booked up, and I am sure Enschede is a beautiful place but sleeping on a bench in early December does not sound too pleasant, no matter how high the alcohol consumption. Cheers, COYS!!!
  18. footballff New Member

footballff
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FC Twente now has an amazing squad. In the Netherlands, everyone is surprised what they can do with a few euros :O
  19. Eliz Amsterdam New Member

Eliz Amsterdam
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Phil,

Well finally some good news. Fc Twente is making sure they put coaces in for the supporters who needs transport back to Amsterdam. Not official yet, but hopefully will be soon.
  20. Phil1014 New Member

Phil1014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Eliz mate, really apprecaite the information. Can you let me know if and when it is made official, cheers.
  21. Eliz Amsterdam New Member

Eliz Amsterdam
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They just made it official on the tottenham website ;)