Andre Villas-Boas - The last Words

Discussion in 'Spurs Videos' started by boo, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    Here is the full press conference from Villas-Boas after the home defeat against Liverpool that ultimately ended his time as manager of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    boo,
  2. jrg83 Well-Known Member

jrg83
    Ratings:
    +4,095 / 12 / -0
    A beaten and broken man going through the motion's, he knew the game was up.
    Everything about him in this interview sadly screams "out of his depth".
  3. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Painful to watch. :y9:
  4. micky jay Well-Known Member

micky jay
    Ratings:
    +316 / 2 / -0
    And with the setting of the sun, we say bye bye
  5. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    It amazes me there are still people out there who claim we shouldn't have sacked him. Just look at that video, the man himself had given up.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  6. fuego New Member

fuego
    Ratings:
    +1,274 / 0 / -0
    Seriously some of you AVB haters are living in a world of your own. Nothing in that video suggested he was broken and a beaten man. Did you expect him to be happy that his team had just conceded 5 goals? He spoke of recovery, getting back on track, recovering from, instilling confidence in the players. Hardly someone who's given up. He highlighted the main issue, his player's form, some of which we're starting to demonstrate now. Too late for him.

Perhaps you should just let it go.

Still, if you guys want to write your revisionist history I'm sure I'm not going to stop you, just like some of the Harry stuff was somewhat revisionist.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. HollandSpursFan Active Member

HollandSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Stop blaming AVB if we play like this we always be nr6.
    Nice to watch but were Tottenham and wanna go to thr top.
  8. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Don't think there are many fans who hate AVB. It just didn't work and his sacking was more or less inevitable. Get over it.
  9. fuego New Member

fuego
    Ratings:
    +1,274 / 0 / -0
    There's nothing to get over mate. I was correcting what basically was a load of bollox plucked out of thin air and attributed to a video that showed nothing of the kind. I'd have posted the same whoever the manager was, or whatever the topic. If it's wrong it's wrong ... or we can all stand around and admire the emperor's new clothes.
  10. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    He spoke of those things yes, but his body language was telling a different story.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. brainiac Well-Known Member

brainiac
    Ratings:
    +4,924 / 2 / -0
    The king is dead long live the king...

[​IMG]

As I said in another thread .... if we had won just one more game last season we would have been in the CL & praising the bloke.

This season saw some stern tests of his ability.

1) Dealing with a large influx of players & getting them to gel.
    2) Dealing with losing a massive player.
    3) Dealing with injuries to key players whilst dealing with 1 & 2.
    4) Having plan B, C & D & employing these strategies to deal with 1, 2 & 3

Results of these tests

1) Not enough experience of this more or less alien scenario & therefore really struggled. FAIL
    2) Townsend & 50 pot shots a game. FAIL
    3) No cover for LB, Verts filling in while BAE wasted on loan, not adjusting the system to cope & sticking rigidly to high line with noobs, youngsters & patch up job. FAIL
    4) Last straw was seeing this patched up defence playing suicidal high line against an in form dippers side with a similarly in form and lethal Saurez. Sooo many alternative line ups/formations yet stuck to the high line. This to me exposed his limitations & his incompatibility with the role of manager in the Premier league. A league where you need to adapt, where you need to have numerous responsive strategies/plans & can adjust or fall back on them on the fly. FAIL

The true test of a manager isnt when things are going right..... its when the proverbial sh~t hits the fan, when the heat is turned up & your against the ropes. West Ham was a knockdown, he got back up, Citeh was a severe knockdown & he got back up just within the count...... Liverpool was a knockout blow.

Long live King Sherwood :1977:
  12. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,144 / 33 / -0
    Oh gawd, this bloke is sore about his sacking.

Just today I have noticed few articles about "AVB: If Kane wants to win trophies, he has to leave Spurs" ; "AVB : Juventus has chance to progress in Champions league" ... etc.

And this just got me thinking... HOW ENORMOUSLY much better we are without him. Under his guidance we would be consistently 6th in todays EPL. Not to mention the rate of Spurs fans who would have died out of sheer boredom of his "style". Most likely we'd have sold off Kane, never brought Alli, Dier and Alderweireld... okay, I'll just stop right here. Too scary to even think. Good riddance.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,316 / 78 / -0
    He was an absolute shit stain on Tottenham. Its like he sends clubs his achievements on Championship Manager and gets a job. He nearly ruined all the work we had done in the previous 6 seasons under Jol and especially Redknapp. Without doubt, the worst football and clueless play ive seen from any Spurs boss and i include Gross in that. Boas just had a few world class players to paper over the cracks.

The embarrassing thing was, Tim Sherwood was an upgrade.
    Dave,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    Close thread
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,026 / 28 / -0
    Tim Sherwood trumps this guy ten fold....absolute clueless wannabe who was lucky to get 6 months with us and turn it into 2/3 years of daylight robbery at other clubs. Ruined the atmosphere in the dressing room, clueless tactics, and a piece of shit in general
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.