Anthony Martial

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by boo, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    You know what? I think you just solved the "why won't they sell Martial" case. Mou has PTSD from selling those two.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    He"s a good player but he needs to grow a pair to improve, no doubt MP will put his arm around him and tell him he could be as good as Sissoko one day .
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    Dude, lamela came back from over a year without playing.
  4. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    The empty bucket formation? Dear god man!
  5. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    I still don't think Martial should be one of our primary targets. There are plenty of AM/Wingers available who I would be happy with. Not the case when it comes to CM, CB and ST. Would much rather Spurs invest heir big money at those positions and then see whats available at AM. Anyway, with the likes of Graelish, Malcolm and others being rumored, Martial would be like 5th or 6th on my list of potential AM/Wingers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    I don't think wide attacking players should be our primary targets either, and I'd much rather we invested in some real quality in central midfield. However, are you saying that you think Jack Grealish is better than Anthony Martial?
  7. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Martial or Malcolm please
  8. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0
    Would you seriously rather have Jack Grealish than Anthony Martial?
  9. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Love how Villa want x amount of money for Jacky boy but there close to administration, be lucky if Levy offered them £10 and a bag of chips, personally though I'd pass on him, I believe we have better
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    It depends.
    Some AV fans saying they think Graelish will be used as an 8 with Spurs if he comes. If we can get him for 20 - 30 mil because of AVs finance issues, I would be pretty happy. I think we need someone to play 8 more than we need another more pure AM.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0

I definitely agree that a CM is a higher priority at the moment, but I don't see the value in paying that kind of money for a player just to play him out of position. If we want an 8, we should buy an 8. If we want an attacking player, Martial would be a much better purchase IMO.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    Not in a million years.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    If we're thinking of taking Grealish, and moving him back to midfield, instead of actually buying a high quality player who has always played there...this is going to be a disappointing transfer window haha
  14. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I don't think we can compare Martial and Grealish at all. It's like comparing Eriksen with Walcott. Technically they are all attacking players who could play in a 3 behind striker, but Grealish and Eriksen and more complete footballers, whilst the other 2 can only really play as a wing forward or striker.

If we are buying Grealish it's because Poch doesn't believe in Lamela as an ACM and it won't impact our attempts to sign Martial or Zaha in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised to us move to a 4141 as opposed to a 4231. Poch certainly wanted Barkley and I doubt it was a place on the bench in mind.

If you look at the formation for the last game of the season, as it was written down by the vast majority of pundits and media, it says we played 4231 with Wanyama and Sissoko in CM. However, if you look at the heat map, which shows are true formation, it was a 4141, with Lamela and Eriksen in front of Wanyama and Sissoko on the right. So I'd say Grealish is most likely to replace Lamela and a Martial/Zaha type would replace Sissoko. What's odd to me is that both Martial and Zaha are at their best on the left or as a CF, the same as Son, who certainly doesn't need replacing.
  15. Binda Well-Known Member

Binda
    Ratings:
    +497 / 7 / -0
    Quotes from his agent: "After thinking about all the factors and possibilities, Anthony wants to leave Manchester United. There are lots of factors, and right now it's too early to talk about them. Manchester United want Anthony to extend his deal and do not want him to leave, but we have not reached an agreement for several months. I think that when Manchester United, the most powerful club in the world, do not find an agreement after eight months of negotiations then they do not really want to keep such an important player in their squad. That's why this decision has come -- it's a well-thought-out decision."

But before anyone gets excited his agent continued by saying, "It's important to remember that he is under contract and that Manchester United will have the last word. We will respect the club's decision and he will stick with his commitment to the end."
  16. pzabby Well-Known Member

pzabby
    Ratings:
    +536 / 10 / -0
    When does his contract run to?
  17. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    His contracts runs until June 2019 but United have the option to extend it by a year
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,612 / 43 / -0
  19. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
  20. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings: