Berbatov quits Bulgaria!!

Discussion in 'International' started by basskadet, May 13, 2010.

1. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,065 / 38 / -0
    Bulgaria, who play England in our World Cup group I believe, have just lost their best player. Dimi has deserted them in true sulky fashion, just before a World Cup!

He has been criticised recently & instead of taking it on the chin, improving his game & proving everyone wrong, he decides to quit his country!!

Apparently it is the 2nd senior player to have quit the Bulgarian national team recently. If you ask me, it is a cop out. However, it helps England out & our group looks even easier now.

Berbatov quits Bulgaria
  2. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    Unprofessional!

And some quarters of this forum would want him back with open arms.
  3. Justice New Member

Justice
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    How's it unprofessional? :001_07:
  4. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    Bulgaria is not in the WC. they finished 3rd in the group with Italy and Ireland. maybe Euro's 2012 but not the WC. ;)
  5. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,065 / 38 / -0
    Lol, you're right. Its our Euro qualifying group they're in. I confused them with Slovenia for some reason!

Still, him quitting makes our Euro campaign easier, & Wales' for that matter! I'd love for Wales to finish 2nd behind England
  6. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    yeah that is definetly the case. however when i was watching the WC qual against Ireland both games Berba was pretty invisable anyway unless i was missing something in both games. he does seem to have fallen off and it makes the £30m Spurs got for him that much better. lol.
  7. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,277 / 33 / -0
    What a fooker
  8. Spurs4life93 New Member

Spurs4life93
    Ratings:
    +346 / 0 / -0
    One Big Sulker.
  9. gomes4life Active Member

gomes4life
    Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    yea on the surface it seems unpatriotic, him probably thinking they wont make it to a major tournament any time soon. maby he has his reasons.

i remember when david pizarro quit chile because he said all the younger players used to turn up to training drunk
  10. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
  11. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    can't be worse than when Ireland left the ROI national team eh?
  12. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Bulgaria have enough young strikers and Berbatov is not needed. And indeed he was mostly invisible for his country since he left Spurs. I believe someone ripped red nose off and sell him Berba's twin brother instead :)
  13. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,717 / 33 / -0
    wasnt he the captain???? as steel said and i commented at the time he was piss poor in both the games against ireland,he was even more lazy and uninterested than normal and thats saying something
  14. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes he was the captain. But Stiliyan Petrov from Villa was a captain before, I guess he will be again for 2012 qualifiers.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. wilky4uk Active Member

wilky4uk
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    izmialov the other player to retire? for me that might say something
    not so sure, I don't think he was happy with Bulgarian football and the team as a whole
    but ye its his design, just seems a haphazard one
  16. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    He was criticised and rather than taking it positively, he sulked and quit the squad. :001_005:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    berbatov is crap for his country he doesnt work hard enough. he is one of those players who does not respect his team mates if they are not as good as him and obviously bulgaria is still building the economy from the soviet domination and they are small to begin with so there are not many top players

ibrahimovic did the same for sweden :(
  18. Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko Well-Known Member

Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko
    Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Ireland threw their worldcup away with a Draw against the Bulgarians, we took an early lead didn't hold it, HAD WE WON THAT, we could have definetely poached the Number 1 spot off Italy

We'll obviously we still did Extremely well but Still... Getting 2nd was a good achievment
  19. Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko Well-Known Member

Irish Yid Pavlyuchenko
    Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0

can't be worse than when Roy 'FOOKING PRICK' Keane left IN THE MIDDLE of the world cup..

we still did well without the prick
  20. ishmal New Member

ishmal
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    just a another no good manc who cares
  21. Soulsseeker Active Member

Soulsseeker
    Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I never respected Berbatov cause of his big ego. most of the people here admire him because he's famous and he plays for a big club. they're all morons. I have said this many many, ...MANY times before, I'll say it again - Berbatov is sh1t for the national team, I don't give a fook where he plays or how he plays for his club team, all I care is what he does for the national team.
    I hope we'll actually be better now without him, let the young and prospecting players show what they can.
    This only confirms what I think of him. tbh if I meet him on the street I will more likely spit on him than ask for his autograph...
  22. Kid Chameleon New Member

Kid Chameleon
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    He scored 48 goals in 74 appearances so he must have done something right.
  23. Soulsseeker Active Member

Soulsseeker
    Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    the only reason he got so many goals is that he actually CAN play football and got what it takes. he just didn't want to show it, for the national team he was showing 10% of what he shows for his club team and that is the main reason why I don't like him. Bulgaria doesn't have many good footballers, Berbatov, Martin Petrov, Stiliyan Petrov, Bojinov and that's it. our national league is pretty poor, it's hard to find a talent there.
    Berbatov may be a great footballer but he plays for the national team like he doesn't give a crap. his ego of a big star doesn't let him work with the other players also.

Even with his crappy playing he managed to become the #1 goalscorer of all time for Bulgaria, I can only imagine how many more goals he may had scored if he actually played the way he plays for his club team...
  24. Kid Chameleon New Member

Kid Chameleon
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    That's a laugh. The only time he ever put himself out was in his first season with us. After that, he was just going through the motions. Berbatov in 07/08 is a fraction of the Berbatov from 06/07.
  25. Soulsseeker Active Member

Soulsseeker
    Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    well believe it or not, for the national team he played worse than that.
  26. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    im sorry for bulgaria. eastern europ can produce good players, many small countries in western europe succeed already so there is hope

remember, hungary was once the greatest team in the world. there is hope for east europe, all countries can succeed.

bulgaria will have its time, it is too bad berbatov does not try :( it would be better to have a player who honors the nation even if he is not as skilled
  27. Berbatov Active Member

Berbatov
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    There are some that fit that description. Berba was good for the national team while they play weaker opposition he has skills but no leadership. When Bulgaria needs him to lead them to glory he suddenly disappeared. He had one very good game against... Croatia in 2003 when he played injured and scored. Since he joined united he never reach these same standard. Pity.

But as a Bulgarian I will still support it vs England :)