Bielsa to Leeds perfect for Spurs

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by BrakeYawSelf, Jun 17, 2018.

1. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    So, I am pretty happy to see Bielsa go to Leeds for a few reasons.

For starters, they are a club with a long and proud history of winning. It's sad to see them and their fan base in the state it's been in for a while now. I think Bielsa automatically changes that and the future of LU just as Poch has changed Spurs. I have very little doubt LU will be back in the PL within a couple of years.

Also tough, I think this is an absolutely fantastic opportunity for Spurs.

We currently have quite a few youth players who would benefit greatly from a loan. While some might be near ready for a PL loan, a Championship loan might serve them even better. Add to that the similarities between Bielsa and Poch styles and Poch's worship of the "Bielsa Way", it really seems like the ideal team to loan as many Spurs players as Bielsa would accept.

It's all ready being rumored that Bielsa really, badly want's Foyth on loan. While I certainly thought Foyth was going to get a bigger role with Spurs this season, he's still so young and perhaps not ready. I think it might be very likely we add another CB and keep Toby . Or add a CB and an extra DM and use Dier more at CB. Either way, A year under Bielsa in the Championship could be so fantastic for a player like Foyth. He could come back to us next year a legit star.

Then we have a youth players who could absolutely use a loan to the Championship and time under Bielsa. Perhaps we can still salvage the Marcus Edwards situation if Bielsa would (for some reason) take Edwards on loan. Griffiths? CCV? (or did he get loaned elsewhere all ready?) or maybe Skipp or Booth or Shashoua? There are more guys that could be ready for such a loan as well. But I think it's likely there are at least 2 or 3 players within Spurs organization that Bielsa might consider for a loan to his new club.

Well, I really hope there is something there. At least with the Foyth situation. If he's not ready, he's much better off at Leeds for the year. We can afford to be patient with him since Sanchez has worked out so amazingly. It really seems so perfect to me and hopefully it will to those with necessary involvement.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Yes, the ideal place to loan some young players. The only problem I see is the Belsa leaves all his jobs, so who knows how long he'll be there.
  3. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    heh true. But I would think he would at least make it to the end of this season, which would be good for whomever we sent this year.

Even if he just stays 2 or 3 years. Would give us a nice window of opportunity. I feel like both sides would be very amicable and on very good terms. A lot of similarities between our clubs. I'm just glad Spurs have never fallen that far.
  4. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Hear this guys name pop up now and then, and in some cases he is referred to as some kind of messiah....Question 1, who exactly is he? Question 2, why is he at Leeds Utd and not taking over from Zidane at Real Madrid? Or even Wenger at Arsenal?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Good question. He must be kind of eccentric. Sort of the Thelonious Monk of football I guess.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    1. Ex Argentina boss who invented (or re-invigorated) new formations and tactics, helped them stay a top team between Maradona and Messi.

2. He's a bit of a nut job.
  7. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Agreed, but better than what we have already?
  8. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    The modern pressing savant. Also, a huge pain in the ass to work with, so most big clubs won't take him. He looks for interesting projects more than anything.
  9. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0
    It seems like an ideal place for us to send players to get playing time in a pressing system. The only problem is that this situation likely won't be around for long because Beilsa is such a wild card. He'll either win promotion to the PL in his first season or get sacked/resign in the first three months.