Blackburn Rovers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Official Match Thread)

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by BigDub, Oct 20, 2011.

1. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Really need to keep the overall good league form going. Should have held on at St. James. Now we travel to Ewood Park. Blackburn are a poor side, but this is traditionally a difficult fixture.

COYS!
  2. Spurs_1882 New Member

Spurs_1882
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    We have to win this game!

... Not sure about the line-up but i'd go with:

Friedel
    Walker - Kaboul - Bassong - Ekotto
    Lennon - Sandro - Modric - Bale
    Defoe - Adebayor

Subs: Carlo - Livermore - Parker - Rose - Gio - VdV - Pavlyuchenko

Could imagine that we'll play 4-2-3-1 (with VdV & Parker instead of Defoe & Lennon)
  3. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    we need to play defoe.
  4. Yidington New Member

Yidington
    Ratings:
    +1,762 / 0 / -0
    would love to see Ade grab 1 or 2 up there. So important we win this one. The scum have got Stoke then Chelski, we've got Blackburn & QPR so some hard work and points could start to put real daylight between us and them c*nts.

I like this. I might get lynched here but would there be an argument for a sandro - parker central pairing?
    maybe later on in the match if defending a lead.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. IguazuCalleja New Member

IguazuCalleja
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    We must win this. Not only to put more space between us and Arsenal - always good :001_302: - but because it is this kind of match that we did not perform well in last season. The games against Wigan and Wolves were good to see that maybe we won't follow that same path. That is why we need to continue this unbeaten to really threaten the top 3.
  6. Spurs_1882 New Member

Spurs_1882
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see parker & sandro together in CM. but that could only happen if we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3- (Modric - Sando - Parker in the middle).
    But I can't see us playing 4-3-3 as long as Harry is here. And I think for this game 4-4-2 is better than 4-2-3-1.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    With bassong playing I can definitely see samba getting a few headers against us.
  8. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +590 / 5 / -0
    blackburn are dog sh*t so are formation should look something like this.. not like they could score anyway..(probably kinxed us there so apologise in advance)

----------friedel------------
    walker----kaboul----ekotto
    -------moddles--parker------
    lennon------vdv---------bale
    ---------defoe---ade--------

should get a couple goals out of that sucker.

really though hope its another good game. our last two prem games have been fantastic to watch.

real formation

---------------friedel--------------
    walker--bassong--kaboul--ekotto
    lennon----modric--parker----bale
    -------------vdv--ade-------------

think defoes game last night sorts out that front pairing being chosen. defoe after 60 mins. still annoying though defoe looks lively and should play.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  9. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    TBH blacburn are one the few teams in the pl where we could probably get away with playing defoe, vdv and ade with one of them occupying the rw defensively. The only real threat to us is that junior Hoilett who i am a big fan of and he plays LM which causes us an issue with what i said above. I'd maybe play bale from the right and defoe from the left both cutting inside. Salgado is there for the taking and he wont get forward much at all so we can cope there for sure.

Walker---Kaboul--Bassong---Ekotto
    -----------Modric--Parker---------
    -Bale------------------------Defoe
    ---------------VDV---------------
    ---------------Ade----------------

That team will win 100% with the amount of chance we would create. Although it will be important for Parker to protect that cb pairing for sure. For me its still too soon for Lennon to come into the side and id save him for a Home match (QPR). Cant wait and we MUST take 3 points if we are to challenge this year!!
  10. Spurs_1882 New Member

Spurs_1882
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    think defoes game last night sorts out that front pairing being chosen. defoe after 60 mins. still annoying though defoe looks lively and should play.[/QUOTE]

Defoe played against Shamrock on Thursday and started against the scum on Sunday. So it's possible that he'll start.
  11. jdudley1501 New Member

jdudley1501
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it would happen but would like to see

Friedel

Walker --- Kaboul --- Assou Ekotto

Livermore -- Parker

Lennon -- Modric -- Bale

Defoe -- Adebayor

SUBS.... Carlo, Gio, Pav, Andros, Rose, Sandro and Carroll..

I think Livermore deserve more match time, Hes doing really well recently and I'd put Carroll on the bench as he done really good in the europa league
  12. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +590 / 5 / -0
    Defoe played against Shamrock on Thursday and started against the scum on Sunday. So it's possible that he'll start.[/QUOTE]

true but we had a right wing to occupy with lennon out so vdv got a game there.. spose lennon could still sit out and vdv could play there again. who knows!!
  13. rasjen14 Well-Known Member

rasjen14
    Ratings:
    +818 / 19 / -0
    One thing Bassong actually is good at is winning headers. He's horrible at positioning though and thinks wresting is allowed. (first thing that comes to mind is a penalty he gave away against Blackpool away wrestling with the opponent)
  14. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    No VDV in your team?
  15. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    I think we'll see JD dropped for this one and brought on as a 2nd half sub like the Newcastle game with VDV playing behind Adebayor and Lennon on the right wing.

Parker & Modric in the middle for me, Sandro can come on for one of them in the 2nd half.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    Wow. 3 defenders. Do you guys think we are Barcelona or something?
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rasjen14 Well-Known Member

rasjen14
    Ratings:
    +818 / 19 / -0
    Barcelona lost to Rubin Kazan, we won over Rubin Kazan. Therefore we are better than Barcelona.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    3 defenders lol i wish we would do that if we ever have King/Dawson/Gallas all fit but never without any of them. Blackburn will still be a dangerous team and they will be fighting for their manager as at the moment he's getting a lot of stick (rightly so imo). We need to keep the ball and pass and move constantly. Close them down from the front and make them play it fast to win the ball back easier. We cant give them time to pick long balls over the CB's as yakubu can be a tricky customer.
  19. orlandospursfan Active Member

orlandospursfan
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    What was shown here ladies and gentlemen is the "Transitive Property of Sports". If Team A beats Team B who beat Team C, then Team A will beat Team C.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Would be the perfect match to try Defoe on the right. Lennon clearly isn't still 100%. Blackburn are a messy enough side that we should be able to cope with a more attack-minded winger. Again, though, I thought we saw Defoe track back well last night. He has been doing it pretty consistently this season. Ultimately, our most dangerous players should be on the pitch. For me that means figuring out a way to get all of VDV, Ade, and Defoe on.
  21. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the defoe on the wing, but the right? They have hoilett on the left so unless defoe is going to play like a true RM and track back always id suggest playing him on the left and bale on the right and depending on how the game is going switch them. With the way vdv drops deep it would virtually be a 4-3-3 anyways. Time will tell i just dont think we should play Lennon just yet.
  22. liam Well-Known Member

liam
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I think we should give Lennon a go TBH guys we just don't have as much width without him even with Walker on the pitch we are playing a team who are bottom of the league so would be best time to give Lennon a fitness & confidence boost. Playing Defoe on the wing just wastes his talent IMO and playing him on the left is no good either as then Bale plays RW and aint as good either then. Best to play:

Friedel

Walker Kaboul Bassong BAE

Lennon Parker Modric Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Then we got Sandro & Defoe on the bench for a bit of a change if needed.
    liam,
    • Like Like x 2
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Completely agree, and it takes JD completely out of the game because he will not be effective playing as a winger. If we had experimented with a 4 3 3 in the past then it could work but we wont be seeing him in a wide position, nor would he benefit from playing there. I also agree that playing Bale on the right is effective for our team, he had 1 good showing there against Wolves last season and that was it. Play to your strengths and we'll get a result.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. SuperPokeychenko Active Member

SuperPokeychenko
    Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Putting Bale on the right Nooooooooooo NEVER...He's when on form and in the mood so dangerous on the left and with ade in the team he should be racing down the left and getting the crosses in that crouchie couldn't take advantage of last season..I don't think service to Bale so far this season as being the best..he needs to be brought into the game alot more
    Lennon obviously isn't ready yet..we already know vdv on the right is erm a NO NO bigtime..Defoe out there in the form he's in and with the hunger he seems to have got back is again a no no for me...
    Personally i'd try Andros townsend out on the right
  25. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Lennon would not make any of my first choice teams until he learns how to cross to one of his own . Parker for me every time atm
    • Like Like x 1
  26. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    As a right winger?
  27. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    LOL , no of course not ... but a re-jig to incorporate him in midfield would be needed
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Thats what I thought, lol.......which would mean 1 of VDV/Modric playing as a winger= no no for me.

Unless, Harry decides to keep with VDV behind Adebayor and either Townsend/Gio out wide instead of Lennon which I dont see happening right now.
  29. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    It's crazy to me that we don't at least give Defoe a chance out there!!!! For one thing, unlike VDV, he doesn't complain when he plays out of position and hasn't made any suggestion that he would be unwilling to play on the right if asked. Second, we haven't even given him a look there so idk how people can say so convincingly that it wouldn't work. Blackburn is an ideal setting to try. Finally, he is tied for the team lead in League goals and has also displayed he can be active tracking back. Ultimately it is about getting our biggest goal threats on the field at the same time, which means Ade, VDV, and Defoe all need to be on together. Putting Defoe out right improves our threat on goal and doesn't force VDV to have to track back, which he has displayed displeasure in doing.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. 1van Banned !

1van
    Ratings:
    +289 / 0 / -0
    Sooner or later everybody is played out of his position, why should it be now different with Defoe.. at least we know how he does if he plays there, until then all we can do is speculate about how he would do there.. and sometimes those risks pay off..
    1van,