C.Ronaldo Out From 1st Leg?

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by Heroes, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Now BAE can sleep tonight :302:

Boost for Tottenham as injured Real star Ronaldo is doubtful for Euro clash

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 2:09 PM on 20th March 2011
    Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo could be sidelined for up to three weeks due to a hamstring injury, leaving him with a race against time to be fit for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Tottenham.
    Ronaldo recently missed two games with a hamstring problem but returned to action in Wednesday's Champions League game against Lyon.

[​IMG] Race against time: Ronaldo is doubtful for the first leg against Tottenham

He also started Saturday night's derby against Atletico Madrid, playing around 70 minutes in both matches before being replaced.

The £80million man complained of pain in his left thigh following the derby and he underwent medical tests, where the extent of the damage was confirmed.

According to a statement on the Madrid website, Ronaldo is now likely to be absent for 'between two to three weeks, depending on his progress'.

[​IMG] Fresh blow: Ronaldo featured in Real's 2-1 win over rivals Atletico on Saturday

Ronaldo is now set to miss Portugal's upcoming friendlies against Chile and Finland, and it remains to be seen if he will be fit for Madrid's league match against Sporting Gijon in a fortnight's time and the Champions League clash with Tottenham on April 5.

Nine-times European champions Madrid reached the last eight of the Champions League for the first time in seven years after knocking out Lyon in midweek.

Read more: Cristiano Ronaldo doubtful for Tottenham clash | Mail Online
  2. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    He probably doesn't even know who Ronaldo is . . . .
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    No way he misses. His ego won't let him.
  4. ''Carsi'' New Member

''Carsi''
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Quaresma lots better than that bitch.. gl Tottenham!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hidden Well-Known Member

Hidden
    Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    more likely he won't play the 2nd match due to a disqualification than miss the first one

there are 2 rules:
    1. don't trust mass-media
    2. don't trust maur
    + what do we see coming... FRIENDLIES, hello there. all key players on the planet suddenly got injured, woops...
  6. GRod New Member

GRod
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    he has picked up a knick and didnt look fully fit against Atleti but I think this is away to keep out on the international unfriendlies and will be ready to go come money time
    GRod,
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member

The Cryptkeeper
    Ratings:
    +2,020 / 0 / -0
    He'd be playing on Corluka anyway so I doubt BAE cares.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,550 / 3 / -0
    [MENTION=4630]The Cryptkeeper[/MENTION]

Hopefully it'll be Kaboul playing at RB because he should be fully fit any day now.
  9. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Well this can only be good news, even if he does make it back in time.

I expect that he will be back unfortunately unless of course there's a setback.
  10. The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member

The Cryptkeeper
    Ratings:
    +2,020 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'd agree that Kaboul would be the best guy to take care of Ronaldo.
  11. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    How many games did Kaboul play as RB ? 5?
  12. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    Although i'm in favor, I doubt Arry would play Kaboul at RB even though he may be fit.. I remember the game at Old Trafford against Man Utd last season, where Harry purposely dropped Kaboul from RB and put Benny their so he could deal with Nani's 'pace'. I think we all remember how that turned out..
  13. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,312 / 2 / -0
    'Doubtful' does not mean 'Ronaldo will definitely be out of the 1st leg of the tie'.
    The media are now trying to make us think 'oh, it's going to be easier now because Ronaldo isn't going to be there'.
    Well, I'm not falling for it!
  14. seanydee New Member

seanydee
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It's a disease of the modern media age. There are so many avenues for news to be delivered 24 hours a day that everything gets blown up out of proportion. It's at worst a hamstring tweak, it won't take 3 weeks to heal, Real are simply using it as a way of keeping him out of worthless international freindlies. Mourinho is no mug, Harry should take a leaf out of his book.
  15. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    Even if Ronaldo missed the first leg we still have Benzema, Kaka and countless other world class players.

Remember they are the Harlem Globetrotters of football.
  16. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    to all the people saying CR vs BAE won't happen...

BAE is imo (and a few others) our weakest link, on his day he can beat players like CR all over the park but he rarely has those days... so if i was a manager I would play CR on the right against BAE, that's why I say and many others say CR vs BAE will happen, we obviously wont know until match day but its just a matter of opinion...

as for CR being injured, Gallas was supposed to be out for 4+ weeks wasn't he? (according to the media) and he played the next game, when a player gets a knock the media have to say 'they're going to be out for X weeks' because it sells papers, if they said 'CR has pulled up with a hamstring he maybe out for 2 days,' who would care?
  17. Hidden Well-Known Member

Hidden
    Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    i'm sure we should care more about ozil and marcelo, than brevnzema and kaka
  18. MaxiSanchez New Member

MaxiSanchez
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Mourinho will not risk him aganst Tottenham if he is not fit. EPL fans, don't misunderstand, Ronaldo is our best attacking threat but if he is not there Benzema, Özil and Di Maria are not just for show.I am curious how your coach will close down Xabi Alonso and Özil. So far all the people failed to mark them out of the game.If you don't stop them there will be big problems.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  19. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Naturally.

But C.Ronaldo is the BEST in the World. He could destroy a team on his own.
  20. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,550 / 3 / -0
    And? the latter part of last season he was immense for us and if he's fully fit with Gallas and Daws are our CB pairing he should be playing RB for these 2 legs and possibly the rest of the season if our CBs stay healthy (although I see him more of a CB, he's a bloody good RB as well).

goodbye Charlie, hello Younes.

Not only will our RB be dealing with Ronaldo, but Marcelo as well so I'd rather have Kaboul playing RB than Charlie any day of the week against those 2.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  21. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    corluka should play in front of kaboul.

Corluka has shown in the passed everytime he faced Ronaldo that he put him totally quiet.

With Man city and with Tottenham.

Not sure if kaboul could do that.

Also kaboul didnt do enough to deserve a starting linup in the quarter final vs real madrid and im sure harry wont let him play right back with the red card he did for nothing.
    He stated that that red card put him way back in the picking order.

Harry will want someone with a cool head and that is surely charlie . Hes always pretty cool.

I expect charlie to play against real madrid.
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,550 / 3 / -0
    He's been injured for over a month so to say he doesnt deserve to start is a bit harsh, before the injury he had been fantastic playing CB for us. He had a moment of madness back on Dec 28 so I think he's learned his lesson and I dont expect Harry to hold it against him after almost 3 months of the incident happening. He was punished for the games he sat out and he was replaced in the squad when he returned.

For a 2 legged "play-off" type game which this is, I wouldnt be assured seeing Charlie at RB for us if and thats the key word IF Kaboul is fit. So if Kaboul isnt fit its obvious Charlie will play, but if both are fit and Gallas/Daws are fit to play CB then Harry will surely have a think about who to play RB.

I'm sure Harry will keep faith with Charlie for the time being, but this is just my opinion and what I'd like to see happen.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  23. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    Even if kaboul is fit I expect charlie to start because kabouls inexperience could be costly for us.

Charlie looks like hes been playing for 30 years already with his calmness.

Also he has a big bonus because he already shown that he can handle the pace of ronaldo.

If anything then kaboul could start at WHL if we need to go at them.

But first leg in real madrid we will need to be defending good and thats why charlie will be a good choice.

Kaboul is good if we make good pressure on the other team but not sure how good kaboul will be if he gets under pressure. And charlie has shown that he can handle pressure.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    i was mega chuffed when i heard ronny could be out of the 1st leg but now it seems as if it may not be so...

DAMN!