Capello to step down after EURO 2012

Discussion in 'International' started by spursman18, Sep 9, 2010.

1. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    So with the news this morning that he'll be stepping down after the EURO's, who do we all want to see take the reigns? Our Harry is the #1 target for the job (for obvious reasons I'm sure none of us want to see him go), personally I'd like to see Pearcy get the nod for it he's done a great job with the u-21s.
  2. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Stuart Pearce definitely, though the FA tends to pick managers who win popularity votes so my money's on Mourinho...
  3. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    If he's going to step down why wait till after the Euros, he should have stepped down after the World Cup IMO.
  4. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    I don't think Mourinho's style of management will suit International teams... I could be wrong but I really don't think it will

I honestly think (and I'm very sad to say) that it will be our 'Arry although I would like Pearce to get offered it at least... bring back the English manager to the English national team
  5. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Looks like we got two years left with Harry then . . .
  6. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    don't worry after those two years we will be competing for the title and would be able to entice any manager to our team :y2:
  7. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    This is an effin joke! Capello is just backing down because he can't do anything with the England team. Whether that's the players failings or the manager i don't know, maybe the players don't like him?! Capello said the England players don't have the balls to win a competition but to leave just because you think you're too old to manage a team at the age of 63...is friggin ridiculous to be frank. I would say replace him now so the team can form a bond with the new manager before the Euros actually start, but then i realise they want Harry so Capello can stay as long as he wants!
  8. StGeorge New Member

StGeorge
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I thought that after Capello contract ends (the same time Harry's ends) the FA said they would pick an English manager. So imo for Spurs it means bye bye Harry, hello Klinsmann.
  9. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    I wish Harry would stop tapping himself up for the job and focus on current responsibilities.
  10. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    harry wil take the england job and one of the coaches who are already there will step into his place having learned as much as possible from harry! clive allen or sherwood maybe.

in saying that a lot can happen in 2 years and we may be glad to see the back of harry by then! :117:
  11. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    'Arry's currently favourite .
  12. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    Explain? Because I haven't heard anyone talk about 'Arry for the job besides 'Arry. It would seem like Stuart Pearce would be the guy if there looking for someone familiar, if they were going to hire someone who is currently outside the fold wouldn't the FA look for someone with Championship pedigree? Like with Spain and Del Bosque.
  13. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    He's the bookies choice to take the job and if the FA are going to stick to their word about replacing him with an Englishman then Harry or Pearcy fit the bill for me.

Apart from those 2 I cant see many others being tipped and having a successful stay with England, perhaps Harry could do both club and country?
  14. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
  15. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    Living out here in Vegas I run in circles with some very good bookies, so I can say i've learned a thing or two. Rule #1 don't make a line that you think is correct, make the line that will make you the most money.
  16. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
  17. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    The more HR runs his yap about this fookin job, the more irritated I get.
  18. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    make no mistake mate harry will cream sandras panties if he gets the england job and he is gonna make sure everyman and his dog fookig knows it!
    • Like Like x 1
  19. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    hahaha, what a perfect analogy!
  20. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    Harry to England, Mourinho to Spurs
  21. EssexYiddo Active Member

EssexYiddo
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Apparently Pearce feels like he doesn't have enough experience to manage England, which kind of means hes writing himself off for the job :\. a bit ridiculous and wasteful managing the under 21 team and gaining all that international experience if you dont plan on going after the big job.

Harry will be 65 by the time the england job is available, so is he going to be with the England team for that long? I doubt it, i can see England and Spurs both losing from Harry going to England, both teams will be unsettled. England need a manager on a 6 or 8 year contract that is going to come in and make a difference to the team over the long term.

It would be interesting to see Clive Allen take over the first team, id support him.
  22. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    no football manager in the world would get a 6 to 8 year contract too much of a risk
  23. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    I agree, especially for England.
  24. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    i would just pick a fun guy that is english, i would pick dean ashton or maybe marcus bent

edit - sorry nvm i didnt mean that i was just a bit tired
  25. slavetofootball New Member

slavetofootball
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good advice Bluecrew
  26. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    from henry winter's twitter

Return of the Mac? Steve #McClaren ``in the frame'' for #England when Capello leaves post-Euros, says FA's Brooking. Don't all cheer at once
  27. Blackrussian Banned !

Blackrussian
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The FA will probably give it that tart Beckham.!!

The 'Housewives' choice...!!

He'll flog the 'Brand' around the globe. Make 'em rich..!!
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Sky Sports | Tottenham Hotspur News | Football | Premier League | Harry unsure on England

Harry Redknapp has admitted that he fears the 'grief' that would come with being England manager if he ever took the role.

The Tottenham boss has previously stated that it would be hard to turn down the opportunity to manage his country, and he could be in the frame to succeed Fabio Capello when the Italian steps down after Euro 2012.

Redknapp is currently among the favourites to be the next manager, although he recognises that other candidates are likely to emerge over the next couple of years.

And the criticism that previous incumbents of the job have received makes Redknapp think that it could be more trouble than it is worth.

"It's a difficult one. I don't sit at home and think I want to be England manager. It's aggravation," he told the News of the World.

Slaughtered

"They are on you from day one and whoever has the job gets slaughtered.

"Whether it be Capello, whether it be McClaren, even Bobby Robson got grief. They all had it, Graham Taylor, Glenn Hoddle.
    "So it's a difficult one and it's probably two years down the line. Who knows what can happen in two years?

"It could be anyone who is doing well at that time and then they'll be in the running for the job.

"Hopefully there will be a few of the younger guys that come along and are doing well. Probably one of them will get it."

Middle East
    If his future does not lie with England then Redknapp has revealed that he would consider taking a role in the Middle East.
    "Most managers would love to come out here one day and work so why not?" he said.

"Not only managers - I can see a lot of British players wanting to come out here - players from the Premier League.

"I think you'll see an awful lot of them here when they're in the last few years of their careers."
  29. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    He's like the P.R. guy for the English national team at this point.
  30. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Yeap, hope Levy is lining up his replacement whether he gets the England job or

goes to the Middle East? what the hell is that about?