Chelsea starting 11

Discussion in 'Team Formation' started by Croatian14, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Croatian14 New Member

Croatian14
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    It was week since we lost from Sunderland, i hope players are ready for strongest match this year.....I hope Ramos made some changes....
    My first 11 would been something like this....

---------------GOMES-------------------

--ZOKORA--KING--WOODGATE--BALE--

-----------JENAS---HUDDLESTON--------

--BENTLEY----------------------SANTOS

------------------MODRIC----------------------

--------------------BENT--------------------

When Pavlyuchenko come i would play 4-3-1-2 Huddleston OUT, and Roman in ST
  2. Amo Well-Known Member

Amo
    Ratings:
    +512 / 0 / -0
    when is hutton coming back? i think spurs can win this match and break chelskis home record as the only striker they have is anelka. im just having a feeling that sunday ill be a good day.
    Amo,
  3. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ...................................Cech

Bosingwa.........Carvalho.........Terry..........Cole

............................Essien/Mikel

Cole................Ballack.............Lampard.....Deco

............................Anelka

next question ??...
  4. punky New Member

punky
    Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hutton isn't back for another couple of weeks at least. Spurs aren't setting a timetable for recovery though as they want to make absolutely sure.
  5. Hollicks Hotspurs Active Member

Hollicks Hotspurs
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    Hope
    ---------------Gomes-------------------
    Zokora--King--Woodgate-Bale--------
    Bentley--Modric---Huddlestone--GDS
    -------------Bent--- Pavlyuchenko if he sings
  6. DamoSuzuki New Member

DamoSuzuki
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Does it really matter who we play in our squad? We don't have enough quality in any part of the pitch to deal with Chelsea and our weak midfield will get marched all over. But if we must then Gomes, Gunter,Woodgate,King,Bale,Bentley,Zokora,,Modric,Jenas,dos Santos,Bent.
  7. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    ......................Cech out my g@y helmet

g@y skin tight.........wop.........she fell over..........more sl@gs?

............................help me obi wan-ker

more eyeliner please......Ballacks.....mourinhos s*x partner.....Dic|<oh

............................Aneda-goal this season

That's the chelsea team we're gonna be facing lads.
  8. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    If King dont play in this game then IMO he is finished.

This is posibly our bigest game of the season after our sh!t start.

We will struggle to get anything out of this fixture. Call me pesimistic but we all know the truth.
  9. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    ironically, I think it might actually turn out to be easier than the last 2 games.... hear me out !!

playing the 4-2-3-1 with Bent as the lone striker and players like Dos Santos behind, it seems that we are partiucularly set up for a counter-attacking game.... thats something we couldnt really do, even as the away side at Boro, cos both Sunderland and Boro mainly played for a draw against Spurs... Chavski wont do that, they will attack us and therefore leave space behind their Back4 for Spurs to exploit...

its gonna be an interesting match... and maybe a surprising result to end with...
  10. Ledley4PrimeMinister New Member

Ledley4PrimeMinister
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    interesting theory but I just don't think it will stand up.

I'm saying this with my head, and not my heart but the only suprise we'll be getting is if Jenas and Moric can be foils for each other, Zokora doesn't stuff up more than 10 times, Bent scores, Bentley is played on the right or Chavski don't thrash us.

:banghead::mad::(
  11. CornishYid New Member

CornishYid
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, i'm dreading Sunday. Although it's nice to see all these new players coming through the door, we're not gonna see the team gel for another couple of months and in Chelsea we're gonna be playing a well settled team high on confidence. I don't want to sound negative, but after supporting the Yids for more than 30 years, i've seen a few false dawns and i think this may well be one of them. I think we need abit of luck in the first part of the season to get some points before the team comes together and starts to play how Ramos' wants them to. One final point, why is Zokora playing at right back when Chris Gunther looked Mustard during Pre-Season, give the young lad a chance FFS!!!!!
  12. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  13. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    What is the point of Rambo being there if he cant convey his tactics to the team.

Surely we are paying either him or Gus to do the others job.

So..........
    Gus gives the team talks and motivates the team before games.
    They have coaching staff to deliver the sessions
    Camoli apparently handles the transfers

What does Rambo do? Ttactics? They have been suspect on the last 2 games performances IMO.

I know this is off topic but we all know their starting 11 will be glitering ad star studded and if we come through it unscathed we will be very very lucky.
  14. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    I reckon we are gonna beat them. COYS! The team is gonna work so hard and GDS is gonna score, 2-1 Spurs!
  15. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think that IF we get our fair share of luck thats been overdue both in the last 2 games and also from the last 2-3 previous visuits to the Bridge (remember the last minute Gallas wonder-strike).... then it could be a very interesting scenario indeed..

I really think that if we manage to score 1st, and I believe thats just as likely to happen in THIS game.... we will win.
  16. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I truly admire your optimism, you poor deluded fool ! lol. If I could bring myself to bet against Spurs I'd be offering you a very serious bet ! The one certainty is that we'll get absolutely slaughtered if we play anything like the first two games, or attempt to use the same wacky off the wall tactics and team and postional selection that even the players blatantly don't understand.
  17. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I dont agree.

I think we played okay for large periods of the Boro match... the stats in various categories eg. possession time etc. back this up..

we played very welll again against Sunderland and created lots of v.good chances, that on another day at least half would have gone in.... and we played really well between 0-1 and 1-2... Jenas showed that he can lead and take on responsibility..

we lost that game to another wonder-strike (yet again!!) and a goal well against the run of play at the time..

Chavski will not have it quite as easy as people expect them to....
  18. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    lol. We were very poor against Boro, but even worse against Sunderland. Not sure where you were watching the games but is doesn't sound like it was live. Stats are bullsh*t, you don't win games with statistics, you win games with class, quality and teamwork and we lack all of those qualities at the moment. And as for Jenas ? I'm not even going to waste my time on that brainless lightweight .
  19. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    well actually stats can and do give a very accurate and OBJECTIVE method of evaluation.... and you are wrong about Jenas, and I feel you are ready to blame him for anything/everything that goes wrong as far as RESULTS go.... no matter what the circumstances..

if a team creates 8-9 good chances in a game and convert only 1.... when on a different day they would get 4-5, does that make the PERFORMANCE OVERALL bad ??...

Sunderland had little by way of gameplay... they got lucky with the 1st goal, and they scored against the run of play with Cisse..... apart from that they only created 1 other chance when Diouf shot over the bar after the 1st 10mins..

people like you have their own agenda with certain players like Jenas and Zokora, even Lennon....

but when hugely untried players of a certain 'type' like O'Hara (an average-good player) come in they are treated like royalty who are going to be superstars....

sometimes I think us fans OVERALL deserve the results and failures they have experienced over the years...
  20. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My point re stats, useful or not, was they don't win games, and they don't. I have no agenda re any Spurs players but having paid good money to go and see the likes of the three you mention over the last three or four years I know for a fact that though they are all decent enough squad players who I hope stay, none of them, and I'd include O'Harra here, are good enough to be regulars in a top four team, which is what we should be aiming for. Nor are they the quality of player you can build a side around, Zakora in particular.
    FYI O'Hara gets 'special treatment' for many reasons, he's a real Yid, he walked out on Arsenal, and he's come up through our youth team, all of which are going to lead to him getting slightly preferential treatment. He's also a lot more committed than some.
  21. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    fact is you can play badly and win a game over 90mins..... and also play well and lose it..

over the course of 38 games over a whole season tho... the luck will usually even itself out for all concerned..

so in fact THE RESULT can often be misleading over the space of just 1, even 2 games...

and who said anything about BUILDING A SIDE around Zokora.... hes not 1 of the great midfielders of the world, but hes far from bad either... hes a good defensive midfdielder with GREAT versatility that allows him to play at rightback and even centre-half when called upon..
  22. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    lets be honest here eh... if Arsenal thought O'Hara was good enough to make it into their 1st-team squad he would have stayed there.... no metter who you supported as a kid...

Carragher and Owen were both Evertonians as kids.... didnt mean diddly-squat..

O'Hara did come thru the ranks... but Dawson most certainly didnt... yet Dawson even now hardly gets the treatment of a Zokora or Jenas, even tho he truly has been awful for the last 18months or so...
  23. tottenhamtut New Member

tottenhamtut
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I rate Jenas and Zokora higher than Donkey Dawson, who is a crime to defending.
  24. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    How on earth were Arsenal going to tell if a 14 year old was going to make the first team ? The point is he walked out on them and they wanted him to stay.
    Zokora and Jenas don't get any real stick at games, Dawson is very close to becoming the new Tony Gardener though and I think one more nightmare performance and he'll get it . Also I think the fact that he was brilliant for a couple of years has kept people of his back til now.
  25. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Jenas was being booed in the last game quite abit... even Zokora was getting abit - I remember he made a 30yd run with the ball to the penalty-area edge then ran into traffic... before he could pass the ball, some fans started giving him the bird...

Dwason was far from brilliant in his 1st 2yrs... just that his many defficiencies were masked with King especially playing next to him..

players at 24-25yrs dont start consistently playing badly to when they were 2yrs younger.... just that we are noticing his true level more now that he aint being carried...

as for O'Hara... he most likely thought that he would have a greater chance of breaking into the 1st team of an average side (that we would have been 6-8yrs ago)... if he thought he could break into the Arsenal 1st team (who were winning titles at the time and playing C.Lge regularly since) do you REALLY think he would have walked out ??....
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  26. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    Nah mate i'm not deluded. I'm just taking into account the bad luck we've had against the scum and the first 2 games of the season, some good luck has to come our way and i think this game will turn around the performance. Fingers crossed and touch wood.
  27. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    A) Everyone, deservedly, got the bird last week.

B) So why was Dawson in so many England squads then ?

C) O'Hara is on record as saying the opposite, I chose to believe him. Especially having seen Paul Merson on tv say how much the gooners rated him at the time during half-time of his man of the match debut last season at the Effeminates. For someone who mentioned agendas against players earlier you seem to be very anti O'Hara. I think he shows good potential, but I'm not saying he's bloody Pele.
  28. Swiss T New Member

Swiss T
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Tis true we're due some good fortune, but unfortunately good luck is something you tend to have to work for rather than wait for. I think that's part of the Spurs problem, we all expect things to change just because of previous misfortune, and neither life nor football are generally like that.
  29. slimboydim Well-Known Member

slimboydim
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Good Evening, just noticed with today's results
    we are bottom of the Premier League...
    Would be just like us after such a bad start to get
    a result tomorrow, although I am not holding my breath...
  30. Wanda Ramos New Member

Wanda Ramos
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    a) so why was it just Jenas and Zokora who were constantly singled out ??... especially JJ

b) getting into England squads when half the regulars playing for Top4 clubs dont bother to show up is hardly an emblem of excellence.... he was probably 1 of the few who werent nursing a broken fingernail or hadnt cut himself shaving that weekend.. and how many caps at full England level does he have again ??..

c) O'Hara is a good player... but he is given alot of face by the fans, which to be honest he hasnt earned as yet.... ditto Bentley now too...