Christian Eriksen

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by Aussiespurs, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Aussiespurs New Member

Aussiespurs
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    I like him, he's in the VDV mold.

He played on the wing against England.
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,327 / 12 / -0
    well done mirror journos.......you've been reading our ITK.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    [MENTION=5155]spursman18[/MENTION]

I don't remember an ITK about him....
  6. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,231 / 22 / -0
  7. mrtncooke Well-Known Member

mrtncooke
    Ratings:
    +414 / 11 / -0
    Great player, I'll be delighted if we can get him. If we have to sell Modric for 35-40mill then spend 20+ on this guy.
  8. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,327 / 12 / -0
    [MENTION=5232]BlueCrew LA[/MENTION]

Post 159 in the thread.
  9. Aussiespurs New Member

Aussiespurs
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    how much do u think he will cost us??
  10. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,731 / 14 / -1
    Do you really think people would be appeased if Levy sold Modric and bought this fella?I dont
  11. LYid New Member

LYid
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    ^^exactly what I was going to say!

Eriksen is a great young prospect, but he's not Modric and he's not worth 20million!!
    LYid,
  12. mrtncooke Well-Known Member

mrtncooke
    Ratings:
    +414 / 11 / -0
    If you read what I said, "if we have to sell Modric", I don't want us to sell him but we know if Man City offer him £150k per week and he says he wants to go there is little point in fighting it. This guy would score more goals than Modric and I think after one season in the PL will be as good as him.
  13. mrtncooke Well-Known Member

mrtncooke
    Ratings:
    +414 / 11 / -0
    He is a darn sight better than Henderson! I think this guy will be a world star 2 years from now.
  14. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,647 / 0 / -0
    He has massive potential and I would love it if we signed him. Plays more as an attacking midfielder rather than a deep lying playmaker though, so he wouldn't replace Modders if he left.
  15. LYid New Member

LYid
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    If, if, IF Modric is to leave then yes, he would be a good signing!

If he stays then he'd still be a great acquisition! I agree he's better than Henderson but the EPL is vastly different to the Dutch League. But his performance against England and what I've seen of him in Europe doesn't disappoint!

BUT, if Luka's to be sold he'll be replaced by Parker, unfortunately! I'd rather go mad and sign Pastore for 40+ (oh for dreaming)

Actually i'd rather keep Modric at all costs! But this kid had the potential to be an amazing player and I wouldn't be adverse to signing him at all
    LYid,
  16. SamStar42 New Member

SamStar42
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Would be one of the only realistic midfielders I'd love to see us sign (also Johnson or Gervinho). I'm sure Modric is staying, so I'm guessing we'd employ him as a winger? Can't see us buying him and having him second-fiddle to VDV/Modric.

To bring up 'IS MODRIC LEAVING AGAIN' will only accept Pastore, Badelj or someone else incredible as a replacement. Not Eriksen.
  17. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I will only accept Xavi as replacement for Modric.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. thornton3 New Member

thornton3
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I'd love it if we signed him. Not only so he could play for us, but so he couldn't play for anyone else.
  19. LYid New Member

LYid
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    We're (hopefully) going to be playing a lot of games this season and he could be a great player to come in for Modric and VDV if they're rested/injured

In fact, the more I think about it, the less I think this wouldn't be a superb bit of business for the club
    LYid,
  20. KTM87 Active Member

KTM87
    Ratings:
    +235 / 1 / -0
    He is a very good player with bags of potential, However, it just wont happen.

He has come out a few times in the past stating that he would go to Germany, Italy, Spain or even France before coming to England, as those countries fit more with his style of play.

He could be tempted by big money, but he has seemed very determinded not to come to the UK.
  21. Keizer7 New Member

Keizer7
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    He wants to stay next season. And as [MENTION=7878]KTM87[/MENTION] mentioned, he isnt very enthousiastic about English football, because he has the feeling that it wont fit the way he plays. I think next year is his last season at Ajax though
  22. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    He plays in 3 hours vs. Belarus in the U21 championship. If you have ESPN3 you should get it in the US, can't speak for anywhere else. I for one will be watching, I haven't had a chance to see this guy live in an actual game.
  23. Appo Member

Appo
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    First post ever - Being Danish I have naturally followed this guy in all our internationals since the world cup, and I thought this would be the right time to contribute.

Simply put; this guy oozes of potential and talent. I definitely reckon he'll be the future skipper and star of the Danish international team. As mentioned earlier he did state that he would be staying in Ajax for at least one more season, even though he has been in contact with many larger clubs (I think he's givin it one more year to gather enough attention to sign up with a major club). He is still unpolished though, but being only 19 years old this is only natural. Nevertheless, he is still by far the best crosser, passer, and setpiece taker on the team. Not only having a deadly shot from distance, he is almost equally good with both legs and possesses a good amount of usefull skillmoves too (he made a fool of Glen Johnson in the Denmark - England international). He plays well on both wings, but his core strengths lie as an attacking midfielder (at the moment). Pace? not really, but he'll get past the man anyway.

He can score goals, but I think his abillity to enhance his teammates through his "playmaking" is what's worth a ton. Get him early while other clubs may still have doubts is our chance imo. I see him as a mix between Modders and VDV really (not as good as either one.... yet), so though some may claim he doesn't fit into English football I could easily see him adapt to it.
    Appo,
    • Like Like x 3
  24. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Great introductory post man. That's probably better English than some of the English posters on here. Better football analysis than some established posters as well.
    But my question for you is where would he fit into our team? Is he OK with playing the advanced role VDV does, or maybe on the wing, or dropping back into the center midfield?
  25. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,231 / 22 / -0
    [MENTION=7836]Appo[/MENTION] Velkommen til forummet! :)
  26. Appo Member

Appo
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    At the moment he's playing the exact same position as VDV for the national team, I'm not quite sure how he works his way in Ajax, but I'm pretty sure it's as an attacking midfielder too.

To answer your question, well, VDV is frequently injured and he works perfectly fine on the wing as I mentioned, and adding on that we'll hopefully still be playing European in either of the tournaments, I see plenty of opportunities. Hell, I'd say he'll make a better winger than Lennon if we threw him in there straight away. But we wouldn't me taking full advantage of his capabilities by putting him as a winger, imo. He is actually a young VDV, but way more versatile. And because he is so extremely versatile you needn't worry where he fits in, though in the long-term perspective I'd have him play either the advanced role as VDV does at the moment (where he knows his way around already), or school him to become a deeper lying midfielder as you say, like Modders.

Cheers for the kind words. Regarding my English, I did live just west of London for a year at the age of 6, to be fair!
    Appo,
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,873 / 11 / -0
    I'd really like to see us bring in a player like this. Mainly because if we're changing our formation around to accommodate van der Vaart (which is the only reason we went 4-4-1-1 last season, and I'm guessing will nexrt), then we need a back up player for his position. A young player like Eriksen would be an excellent back up for his position, and like has been said, he can play on the wings too, so he wouldn't just be bench warming for VDV.

I'd much rather we did this, then for Harry to go 4-4-2 whenever VDV isn't available. I don't mind switching formation to counter mid-game threats, but I don't think we should be switching just because one player isn't available. Kranjcar could probably do an excellent job backing up VDV, but he looks like he's offski.
  28. Lilywhite74 Well-Known Member

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +5,249 / 12 / -0
    He was nice in the Belarus match, a bit stifled from what I saw in the Switzerland game. I've only seen him play a couple of times for Ajax, based on that I'm not sure if he's quite worthy of the "next Laudrup" tag that I've seen put on him, but massive potential. He was drifting out wide a lot, especially against Belarus. Lucky bounce on the penalty.
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,327 / 12 / -0
    Not really transfer news regarding us, but came across this today.

Christian Eriksen has rejected the idea of going to Manchester City. "No point moving to a club where I'll sit on the bench"
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  30. Maro New Member

Maro
    Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    If that's what he thinks, we are probably the best team to get him.
    Maro,