CM Solutions

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by BrakeYawSelf, Jun 11, 2018.

1. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Wishful thinking
  2. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I just saw Nathaniel Chalobah was in the England squad. He's hardly played in the last couple of years, so was shocked to see his name. When he was a youth player I really wanted him at Spurs. When he played against us in the cup a few weeks ago he impressed me again. Given he's now owned by Watford, which I didn't realise (I thought he was on loan from Chelsea still) I think he has to be considered a realistic signing. If he stays fit this season he could be a quality Dier/Wanyama upgrade.
  3. aewallace81 Well-Known Member

aewallace81
    Ratings:
    +193 / 5 / -0
    Chalobah seems better since he has moved into more of an 8 role, when he was a 6 he held the ball way to long, went sideways or backwards and was nonexistent defensively.
  4. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
    Back in FM15 I used to sign him all the time. He always came good when he grew up and was one of the few players I could trust on the England NT that could play CB and CM. Since then the game has really lowered their expectation of his potential. I almost forgot he existed
  5. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Andre Gomes looks like he'd make a fantastic Dembele replacement. We were linked with him a lot over the last couple of years and he didn't seem like a popular choice among our fans, due to how he struggled at Barca. But he's taken to the Prem like a duck to water. I think he could be another Toby style signing for us.
  6. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    Mousa’s replacement is Moussa.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    And what's the chance that we get him from Everton? Their pay scale is higher than ours I suspect.
  8. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Everton don't own him, he's on loan and they have no deal in place for him either. That's why I compared him to Toby, as he was loaned to a Prem side, having struggled in Spain and it became apparent very quickly that he was one of the best CB's in the league. The trouble is can potentially see the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool also being interested.
  9. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    Besides the fact that he’s been the worst player on the Spurs’ squad until recently, he’s also 29. He’s not a super long term replacement even if his current form holds for another couple years, which I find unlikely.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    I think you mean CM right? Glad he's on loan and I get the Toby comparison now.
  11. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    No, I was outlining Toby's move to the Prem. Sorry, reading it back, it's not at all clear who "he" was.
  12. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    i havent paid much attention to kovacic this season and he didnt catch my eye yesterday. how has he been?
  13. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    He’s been good. Don’t think he did anything worthwhile vs us but nobody did except Giroud.