Congratulations Spurs

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by edmonds44, Apr 6, 2011.

1. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +781 / 3 / -0
    I'm not gong to go through threads of people slating Spurs on how crap we are because it annoys me.

So this is a thread for guys/gals that appreciate what we have achieved in the last 2 years since 'Arry took the reigns... I am one of these people that are thinking O well look where we got in the CL, we got further than Arsenal, we beat Inter Milan, we beat AC Milan, and yes we got out beaten by a brilliant Real Madrid side, that even with 11 men on the field we still wouldn't have won (IMO)

So well done to everyone involved in the club for getting us this far, and lets show Real how good we can be if we perform well, and lets focus on the league and getting us into the CL next year...

COYS!!!

EDIT: would just like to add, its not as bad of a result as Inters 5-2 defeat at home!
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Domplo Well-Known Member

Domplo
    Ratings:
    +336 / 0 / -0
    The best post I've read on this forum for a long time :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,649 / 13 / -0
    Always look on the bright side of life ... bee do beedobeedobeedo........
    • Like Like x 1
  4. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +781 / 3 / -0
    lifes a piece of :9898: when you look at it!
  5. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    When this club was shit a few seasoms ago we could never have dreamt that we would be playing real Madrid in the qf of the champions league. We have no divine right to win every football match, and that's the name of the game you win son you lose some.we forts pick our selves up for a next game now, what's done is done!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    You've done us proud Yiddos!!! What an incredible journey. Lets not let it fizzle out a weeks time at The Lane and go out with one last famous victory against the greatest club in the World. Thrashing Twente and Werder Breman was fantastic, made them both look like second rate clubs. Then the two Milan clubs? Wow. The 3-1 win against Inter and the 1-0 win against Milan are two of the greatest performances I've ever seen.

It's been a fantastic distraction, and we've firmly planted ourselves in the minds and even some hearts of European football.

Couldn't think of a better manager in Harry, and a better set of players to support on such a great journey. Every dog has it's day, and we've had 4 or 5 of them in this competition.

Serious business of the run in and getting back into the competition now. Stoke City is just as big as the match last night now. Not to mention certain games against Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea! It's still gonna be a fookin exciting end of the season.

Cheers Yiddos!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,649 / 13 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,649 / 13 / -0
    And something to really make you smile .... we could always play like this ..............

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    That's the spirit rev ..... COYS!
  10. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    hahahav brilliant rev
  11. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,649 / 13 / -0
    Good article from Jim White

Gareth Bale was putting a brave face on things. There was some defiance among the wearied supporters gathering at Madrid airport. Someone even remembered that Real had once lost a two-legged tie after winning the first 5-1. But the fact is, everyone knows it is over: Spurs' Champions League foray is now in the past tense.
    There was no doubt it was going to be hard in the Bernabeu, but none of the optimistic platoons setting forth from north London could have imagined it was going to end up like that. Spurs didn't just lose against Jose Mourinho's team, they were hammered, humiliated, brushed aside with an ease bordering on contempt. That is what must hurt most for Harry Redknapp. After beating the two Milan clubs on the way to this meeting, he thought he was developing a side to be respected in the upper echelons of the European game. His own reputation had swollen alongside that of his team. Once regarded as little more than a chirpy chancer he was presenting himself as a fine tactician and man manager. Now both team and boss were swatted aside, treated like cannon fodder. That was not fun.
    Redknapp would have known that to match Mourinho, he had to have everything go right for his team. Madrid have such resources that if one player is unavailable or another doesn't spark, they can rely on a third to do his job. Last night they brought on as substitutes Miguel Higuain and Kaka. And Karim Benzema didn't even feature. Spurs, meanwhile, brought on Sebastian Bassong and Jermain Defoe. For Spurs to work, Redknapp needed the whole collective to purr. Every one of his top performers had to be at the top of their game. Instead, Aaron Lennon took sick, Peter Crouch went bonkers and Rafael van der Vaart - for so long the creative well-spring of the side - played as if someone had poured sand into his boots. Clearly unfit, instead of exacting revenge van der Vaart merely reminded his former employers that they were wise to move him on.
    Crouch, though, was the one who was particularly culpable. A player of some experience, his mental disintegration was as bizarre as it was unexpected. Not remotely renowned as a dirty centre forward, he suddenly,on this his biggest game in a Spurs shirt, started sliding in as if on a mission to conduct onfield surgery using only his studs. After receiving a yellow card for a reckless intervention in a pointless part of the pitch, he repeated the act five minutes later in an equally innocuous position. Since the entire Spurs tactical plan away from home in Europe has been based on finding the big man alone up front - a plan that worked brilliantly in the San Siro last month - his end signalled the end of the visitors' attacking possibilities.
    From then on, Spurs were undone. And no matter how indomitable Michael Dawson was as he repelled wave after wave of Ronaldo-inspired attacks, destruction was the only likely outcome. How relieved Redknapp must have been to hear the final whistle. At the rate his team was unravelling, they were on a course to ship seven.
    The question for Redknapp is where does he go from here. Rousing his battered, dispirited and weary players for the increasingly forlorn-looking battle for fourth place in the Premier League will take all his powers of persuasion. Which is why next week's second leg matters to him. He cannot afford his players to surrender. They need to remind themselves that they belong in company of the best in order to fight for their invitation to return next season. Crumbling at home would signal that the battle was over. They are not going to win the tie, but winning the game would restore a belief that was visibly ebbing last night, even as Gomes allowed Ronaldo's shot to slip out of his grasp for Madrid's fourth goal.
    The cruel gag instantly doing the text message circuit after the final whistle last night asked what the similarity was between Spurs and Heather Mills. For both, came back the answer, the second leg is just for show. Actually, for Spurs, it is a lot more than that. Yes, the end result may well already be decided. Yes, Jose Mourinho can contemplate for a second year running how he might out-fox his former employers in the semi final. But for what it means to the rest of Spurs' season, for the effect it could have on their morale, next Wednesday's second leg formalities will provide much more than a poignant coda to the adventure, a fond hint of what might have been. The game represents the most important foregone conclusion they have ever faced.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,649 / 13 / -0
    The cruel gag instantly doing the text message circuit after the final whistle last night asked what the similarity was between Spurs and Heather Mills. For both, came back the answer, the second leg is just for show.

Self deprecation before anyone else does it .
  13. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +781 / 3 / -0
    Brilliant read Rev but that statement ^^^^ doesn't make sense... they will not face any of his former clubs until the Finals (if any)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SpurusOn Active Member

SpurusOn
    Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    He will. Barcelona. He started as a translator there.
  15. StripiestPilot Well-Known Member

StripiestPilot
    Ratings:
    +3,697 / 59 / -0
    For a team with no hsitory in the competition we have done fantastically well. It was an unfortunate result last night, but that doesn't take away from how well we did to make it here. Topped a tough group, the toughest of the 4 PL sides, beat the second most successful European side in the round of 16 without conceding a goal, and scored heaps of goals in the process getting further than Arsenal. Now all we can do is try to get a result at WHL next week, keep it 11v11 and show Real what could have happened in the first leg, just show them our football. That's what we'll be remembered for.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. iwantpie Well-Known Member

iwantpie
    Ratings:
    +651 / 0 / -0
    Mourinho never managed Barcelona but he did work there. Coach or Assistant Manager I think under Bobby Robson.

EDIT: Never mind. I see someone already posted this while I was reading.
  17. luminoir Well-Known Member

luminoir
    Ratings:
    +736 / 0 / -0
    Barcelona hired him as a translator previously I believe that's what rev's referring to.

My take on the second leg? We don't know when we'll be here again. Let's go down fighting guns firing in a blaze of glory. The tottenham way. Might we risk injuries and niggles in the match? Maybe.

But momentum gained from a morale boosting win or redemption would help our push for 4th. And for players on the fence about staying at the club, going out with a whimper would signal lack of ambition. Real will take it easy, just as inter did second half in Milan.

If we don't try we'll never know
  18. Cpowell87 top bloke who can laugh at himself

Cpowell87
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Even tho ive had wind ups and micky takin all day i dont care to see my team walk out at the burnabau (spelling) last night gave me the best sense of pride to be a spurs fan, to come this far in two years is beyond amazing. To be honest i cannot put into words how proud i am to be fan of this great club and as other people have said there is no point in slagging the players off for what happened last night, lets just remember the great champions league nights we have had this season! The boys will do us proud at the lane next week and we can bow out of the cup with our heads held high.
    Well done harry and the boys everyone is proud of you!!!
  19. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +781 / 3 / -0
    Well done, thats why your on a Tottenham Forum... because we're in your shadow... right
  20. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I would hate a proper football club as well, if I'd chosen to follow a plastic team of little turds with the fan base of metrosexual mincy knobs and Jamie Oliver/Alan Davies types.

BTW, you need to be at least 16 to join the army, you're probably still in Wenger's anal cadets.
  21. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    Hate to break it to you, but Arsenal aren't actually a North London club...

Sooooooooooooooooooo, **** off to Woolwich I suppose :eek:21:
  22. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    And you have to understand pride ????? you're a fan of Arsenal, it's all said.:y15:
  23. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Big surprise - the Gooner only knows how to use fonts for spastics and the blind. This is probably their standard way of conversing with each other....
  24. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Who was in North London first ?
    Who showed you how to play modern football ?
    Who showed you how to win a European trophy ?
    Who showed you how to do the double ?
    Who remembers how to win a cup final ?

Tottenham, super Tottenham, trailblazers not imitators, we dare to do, others follow.....

goodbye, i've already fed you far too much.....

[​IMG]
  25. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Look up Arthur Rowe, cockslice. 'Push and Run', the template of all modern football, and most definitely your current playing style.

Then after you've done that, toddle back off to the cesspit you came from. It's funny, you aren't even capable of coming on here and slinging insults efficiently, without embarrassing yourself and having the tables turned. Must be a troll that bottles 'cup finals' like his team !
  26. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    yes, actually, learn your history before you talk. Also, profanity doesn't help to get your point across, it just shows that you have no defense to our arguments. grow up
  27. perstrame Well-Known Member

perstrame
    Ratings:
    +567 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham: 2 UEFA Cup wins, 1 Cup Winner's Cup win.

Arsenal: 1 Cup Winners Cup win.

I know which one is better.

I also know that you've beaten us once in the league in 3 seasons I tihnk it is? Yeah, we're in your shadow.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    We are very important for you to come here to cause trouble. the Gooners are so have inferiority complex .... Bitter
  29. EJWTartanSpur New Member

EJWTartanSpur
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is, he has done exactly the opposite of what he intended ! By being so pathetically inept, and with his DNA coming from some of Ainsley Harriot's jizz that has been left to dry on the radiator for 2 years, he has inadvertently served to remind me that there many other people in the world with far bigger troubles of their own. Comic relief, but too much of an easy target to feel fully satisfied. If only sense had prevailed, and he had been drowned in a bucket a long time ago !
  30. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    nice. don't ban him, just change his profile name to Ainsley's jizz!

yeh modern day football you prick. you can go back as far as sir blanchflower quote to know we played 'proper' football a long time before you boring geoge graham twats

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."

Edit: sorry this thread has lost its way [MENTION=4987]edmonds44[/MENTION]

Congratulations to harry and the boys for an excellent first season in the champs league, and getting further than Arsenal of course!