Cricket it a ***** of a sport

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by spurs2rise, Nov 14, 2009.

1. spurs2rise Well-Known Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +414 / 0 / -0
    So a two day game, We made 230 and they then made 0/0 off 4 overs to end the day. So they have 75 overs to make 230 today.

Its 38 ****ing degrees outside, I am now sunburnt to a ****ing crisp, I hurt my back last week so could not bowl but after they are 4/113 after 38 overs they throw me the ball. I bowl 4 overs, I take 2 for 8 in my first two overs, then my third went for 18 (haha) and then had a dropped catch as easy as you like in my 4th. Got taken off cause my back was too sore.

Did I mention it was 38 degrees? Dunno if you use celcius or farenheight in England, but 38 degrees is ****ing hot to be chasing a stupid red ball around for 75 overs. With 15 over left in the day, they need 22 runs. They put me back on. I last 2 overs before getting heat stroke and collapsing on the pitch after my over is finished.

Absolutely delerious and mumbling incoherently to myself (apparently) in the changerooms as they cool me down.

Oh... And they made 8/350 in the end... They put on 100+ runs in the last 10 overs.

**** game.
  2. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    cricket is my 2nd sport, during the summer, i like it because it is so different to football, football is fast and explosive while cricket is slow, relaxing and intriging as u never know what is going to happen next, every player is important in a cricket team as they all have a role to play, a lot of people **** off cricket without ever playing or watching it, just like critics of any other sport, you need to play it first to get an opinion of it, i love sitting down and watching england play, especially the ashes, it is so dramatic
  3. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,468 / 38 / -1
    I just dont get the sport lads soz.

They throw that fookin hard ball far to fast for me to hit the bast*rd thing.

What I dont get is how they can play for nearly a whole week and still end up drawing???

I think the 20-20's I will endevour to watch and get into next time they are on. They are alot faster and fit my attention span better!
  4. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    I vaguely got that lol Dont understand cricket at all, i mean whats an over?
  5. spurs2rise Well-Known Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +414 / 0 / -0
    6 balls is an over. A bowler balls one over (six balls) at a time, before another bowler bowls an over.
  6. SionTHFCRoberts New Member

SionTHFCRoberts
    Ratings:
    +1,191 / 0 / -0
    oh i get it now
  7. loyal thfc belfast New Member

loyal thfc belfast
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    count your blessings mate!!, whenever we try to play cricket in northern ireland it usually p*sses down with rain,lol.
  8. funster VIP Member

funster
    Ratings:
    +250 / 0 / -0
    You still love it! I know I do, even though my cricketing days are long past after the day I well and truly stuffed my ankle and achilles going over in the outfield trying to stop a boundary and catching my foot in a drainage ditch on the footie pitch that overlapped the outfield.....

Was it a draw? They made 350-8 in reply to your 230?
  9. SAspursfan New Member

SAspursfan
    Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Love cricket, although i'm not to keen on this 20/20 stuff.

England got well and truly stuffed up today, mainly due to Mahmood bowling an absolute shower of #####, he effectively handed SA a win as early as the 4th over, a shocking over that included 2 no balls, he got carted all round the park. Why he is playing I just don't know!
  10. spurs2rise Well-Known Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +414 / 0 / -0
    They got first innings points (4 pts) but yep, ended up as a draw so did not get the full 12 pts... So we got 4 pts for it being a draw, and they got 8 (4 for first innings, and 4 for being a draw)
  11. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    which is precisely why i never watch it
  12. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +879 / 0 / -0
    I think the sledging is hiterical

Glenn McGrath and Eddie Brandes - McGrath was bowling to Zimbabwe’s tail-ender and getting frustrated that Brandes was consistently playing and missing. He wandered down the pitch and asked: “Brandes, why are you so fat?” Instantly, Brandes replied: "Because every time I make love to your wife, she gives me a biscuit."

Read more: http://test-cricket.suite101.com/article.cfm/sledging_in_cricket#ixzz0X8c6bYZl

Sledging in Cricket: The Best Cricketing Sledges | Suite101.com

Ellis in Wellyland: The 10 best Cricket Sledges (and comebacks) in history
  13. spurs liam 24 New Member

spurs liam 24
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Fred Trueman and Raman Subba Row– Fielder Subba Row let an edge off Trueman’s bowling slip through his legs. Fred didn't say a word initially but at the end of the over, Row approached Trueman and apologised sheepishly. "I should've kept my legs together, Fred". "So should your mother," he replied.
  14. SirBillyNick New Member

SirBillyNick
    Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I like the Botham one, when an Aussie says, "Oi Beefy, how's your wife and my kids", to which Bothan replied "The wife's fine, your kids are retards"
  15. spurs2rise Well-Known Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +414 / 0 / -0
    I've decided cricket is even worse now. Broke my nose on Saturday.. Stupid game.