Crouch, Hutton, Jenas package deal. Aston Villa £15 million

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by steventhfc, Jul 26, 2011.

1. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    [Update 271] The Journalist
    Villa have booked BMI Medical Centre for Wednesday. N’Zogbia expected but they have booked it all day which suggestsothers will take place. Also have conference room booked at Belfry to entertain guests.
    Hutton, Jenas and Crouch definitely wanted. Combined bid is only just over £15million. Bid has not been accepted, negotiations ongoing, but permission given to speak to players. Worried Jenas will be the most unwilling, so will offer him a shorter contract.
  2. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,695 / 13 / -0
    Is there an echo in here ?

Hasn't this been posted in the ITK thread ?
  3. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    15 million? Ok... i would even accept less than that :001_302:
    But we will probably get even 17,18M if this happens.
  4. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,809 / 21 / -0
    15 for hutton 0 for jj 0 for crouch sounds about right :302:
  5. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Cant see it to be honest! There is no way that levy will take such a big hit from the prices that we paid.....
  6. iwantpie Well-Known Member

iwantpie
    Ratings:
    +651 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... as much as I would be happy to see those three go £15m seems a little light. I would think that Crouch would be at least £8m of that which would put Jenas and Hutton at £7m combined? Maybe that's not so bad. I think I'd take it just to get them out of the door and off the wage bill but Levy won't want to take that much of a hit on them I bet. Closer to £20m might do it though.
  7. Mandy Well-Known Member

Mandy
    Ratings:
    +285 / 0 / -0
    £15mil doesn't seem like a lot for 3 players, but I'd happily take it to clear some of the dead wood and free up some wages. Hopefully Levy can work some magic and get a good deal done so we can start moving forward on deals for the quality players we need. Crouch has looked really poor in pre-season so far (in my opinion) and I've never really rated Hutton and Jenas so I hope they go before the new season starts.
  8. StPaulSpur Well-Known Member

StPaulSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0 / -0
    I'd prefer more than 15, but if that's what we have to take to free up the wage space, clear out the dead wood, and get this window going in earnest, I'd take it. You figure 8-10 for Crouch, 2-4 for Jenas, and 2-4 for Hutton... 15 isn't terrible. But yes, closer to 20 would be preferred. That said, if we waste two weeks haggling over the price for these three, I'll be rather annoyed...
  9. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Well crouch has been quoted at £9m, so that means Hutton and Jenas combined are £6m? I'd rather tale 18m for 3 of them, but hey, time is money and tbh getting them to leave is something that HAS to happen. But I can't see levy taking such a low offer.
  10. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    This...

We can't really afford for this to drag on....try and get 1 or 2 million more maybe but if it's not done within the next week, just take it!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. PunchInTheNutz New Member

PunchInTheNutz
    Ratings:
    +149 / 0 / -0
    Levy would never accept 15m for that lot. Nudge it up to 20m and were good to go. They've just made a crap-tonne of money from selling Downing and Young. At least 40 million so we know they have a bit of spare cash laying around.

Levy is many things but he is not a fool.
  12. tweet321 New Member

tweet321
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is bollocks imo.. Crouch used to be at Villa before and I don't see him going back there (they have said they aren't after a striker anyway nor do they need him as Delfouneso or w/e his name is can barely get a game there).. Whilst they are after Hutton (This bit is true btw) I do not think they are after Jenas at all imo.

Whilst we'd love the £15m I think it's fair to say that is rubbish.
  13. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,559 / 16 / -0
    If that's the best we can get, just take it ffs.

I'm all for getting the best deal and I would prefer £20m but we need to move those players quickly.
    • Like Like x 5
  14. TreyNerd Well-Known Member

TreyNerd
    Ratings:
    +1,241 / 19 / -0
    Hmm....out of the three of them iv probably got Jenas' package.
  15. najt rajder Active Member

najt rajder
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    1. Dont think HR wonts to get rid of Crouch
    2. Think Jenas is a great back up for midfield. He rarely gets games, and you dont hear a pip out of him, and he is known to have a good game. Dont see anyone of his "quolity" being prepared to sit on a bench.
    3. Hutton, dont need him in current setup.
  16. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    No way if true Levy would accept 15m for all 3!!! Out of interest does anybody know the combined amount we bought all 3 for? We need these players gone though and surely for the sake of trying to find others destinations for these players we'd be better off doing this and taking a hit? Time is money, negotiations etc etc all the messing about. Just take the money is what i'd say!!!

There combined wages per week must be around 140k so to get them off the wage list would go a VERY long way to helping fund new purchases!!
  17. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,559 / 16 / -0
    Personally I would take £8m for Crouch and £7m for Jenas and I would give Hutton away so it makes sense to me....:y7:

1. I agree, 'Arry wouldn't sell Crouch but Levy handles the transfers, for obvious reasons. It could be the case that Levy is saying if you want to bring other players in Crouch has to go one way or the other.

2. Once again I agree. I wouldn't mind keeping Jenas because he's a good player in a rotation and he doesn't mind coming off the bench to my knowledge. It would depend on who they are bringing in to replace him. If we reduce the amount of CM's we have but bring in players that can be rotated more effectively then it could be good. Parker/Pjanic for example....

3. Ditto.
  18. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    LOL, I first posted this about one minute after it appeared this morning. It was in the Crouch thread.

I admit I didn't mention the price because I was laughing so much.
  19. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,559 / 16 / -0
    This is the proper way to discuss something posted in the ITK section.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    Crouch would be ideal for Stoke. With Dulap playing the ball would never touch the ground.

Unless of course Villa were prepared to pay silly money. And I mean silly money at the right end, not the wrong end.
  21. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    sounds good to me. saves time shifting all 3 at once. 8 mil for crouch 3.5 mil for the other two jobs a gooden.. see yee crouchie!!
  22. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,919 / 35 / -0
    weve done it in the past remmeber sunderland deal???,id like 18 for them 3 but as people have said it would get alot of dosh off the wage bill as im guessing even jj is on good wages
  23. XRated Well-Known Member

XRated
    Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    If it's legit, I'd take that.
  24. Dtrain23 New Member

Dtrain23
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I think we paid 9 for crouch, 9 for Hutton and 7 for jenas. Hutton was never worth that amount it was just one of those January deals and rangers did well to get big money for their second choice right back. Jenas was a decent prospect when we signed him and has certainly declined since. There is no way we will get close to what we paid for those 2 so I'd take the deal!
  25. ShaneOMac Active Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +254 / 14 / -0
    I'd take this, a couple more million would be ideal but I'd definitely take this.

Although maybe we could sell Crouch to Stoke/Sunderland for the reported 10 Million and Hutton/Jenas/Keane for the 15?
  26. Bryce_Williams Well-Known Member

Bryce_Williams
    Ratings:
    +590 / 2 / -0
    I would like to see us get 18 for all three, but if Villa are firm at 15 I'd take that in a heartbeat anyway.
  27. gio 2008 Well-Known Member

gio 2008
    Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    good riddance to all 3 hope it happens
  28. mattyvw Well-Known Member

mattyvw
    Ratings:
    +546 / 1 / -0
    20 and will throw in keane as well
    • Like Like x 1
  29. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,358 / 16 / -0
    Levy has to take a deep breath and say ...ok lets do it.
    Its a good time to be rid of them, they all dont bring enough to be worthy of keeping.
  30. TheSpurEST Active Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +198 / 11 / -0
    Looks like there are some smart guys who are pulling strings at Villa. Tempting offer I would say. But not so tempting to Levy I am afraid. It looks to me that we don't have money and the most important thing about sales is the wage money that will become free. So, let's say, we get 15m out of theese 3 players, and 6m for GDS and 3,5m for Keane, 7,5m for Bentley, and we would have 32m£ to buy players and about 275k freed up wage money. Ideal scenario for me from the selling part. And then we could buy a top class stiker, a young and promising stiker (if Coulibaly nor Ceballos aren't ment to be part of first team), a CM player AND if it could possible, a CB (could sell Bassong if we would get resonable bid for him) but I think this is way to otimistic , but no one can stop me from hopeing.

So out : Crouch, Hutton, Jenas, Giovanni Dos Santos, Bentley [Bassong]
    In : Adebayor, Damiao, Parker/Honda, [Samba]

Oh it would be so damn perfect. I could bet, we were in top 3 with such additions. But can't see it happening in real life. But let's say it happens - then we would have exactly 25 players (plus youngsters) and we would have enough cover for all positions. Tbh, if anything else would go as I said, I would be ready to give up Palacios too.