Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by Pitseleh, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Pitseleh Well-Known Member

Pitseleh
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
  2. kevfball63 Banned !

kevfball63
    Ratings:
    +880 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant news
  3. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +14,573 / 46 / -0
    yeah another great move by arry ,giving these young guys vital first team experiance
  4. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Mustard.

If they dont cut it at that level then they wont at our level.
  5. gary_human Well-Known Member

gary_human
    Ratings:
    +263 / 3 / -0
    isnt he a left winger ? i havent seen him play but we got him from leeds as a youngter didnt we ? has anyone seen him play ?
  6. EVIL CLOWN SPURS Banned !

EVIL CLOWN SPURS
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    good for him. im sure he will come back a better player with more experience
  7. parklane yiddo New Member

parklane yiddo
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Has been called up to the England u21 team he played for the u19's tonight against Scotland he has got a bright future ahead with Spurs of course.
  8. paul turner New Member

paul turner
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    good to see young spurs players getting called up to play for there country
  9. KiwiYid Active Member

KiwiYid
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    A proper left mid, id like to see him get some first team action in pre season, how old is he??
  10. MyGoula New Member

MyGoula
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    he is only 18 but I really hope we can bring him through and into the 1st team. He is one of a few very highly rated youngsters at the club and I personally can't wait to see them in action.
  11. Lilywhite74 Well-Known Member

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +5,249 / 12 / -0
    Only seen him play once, but he looked quality. OUr future is very bright, hope we do the right thing and hold onto as many of these boys as we can...
  12. ToDareIsToDo Active Member

ToDareIsToDo
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    From what i've seen (which is not alot) he seemed to be in the mould of what everyone thought Bently was going to be but on the left. Good with dead balls, good cross, good dribbling, a real left winger who runs his line up and down. Basically the sort of players we really need right now. I'm not suggesting we should bring him through now at all, still very much in the making at the moment. It would be good if we could bring a big name winger into the club who he could observe and learn his trade from, bring his development forward a bit. A few sub appearances, a few cup starts in early round and maybe the odd league start would do him the world of good though, plus it'd give us fans some hope that there is some players for the future at the club, not just the quick fix buys.
  13. spurs2rise Well-Known Member

spurs2rise
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -0
    He alwya turns out well in Football Manager :)
  14. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    does that mean he will be in the u21 euro championship?? extra reason why i wont miss it....:)
  15. wilky4uk Active Member

wilky4uk
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    saw him against Scotland in U19's and along with Delfounso of Villa he really stood out.
    He played left centre of a midfield 3 in that game and fed away some great balls, pace is good as well. Did lack the finish at times, but a real talent.
  16. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,896 / 65 / -0
    It means he is in the squad for it, yes. I really hope he gets a few games for the U21s & does well. It is great news for Danny cos he's had a real tough season of injuries.

It'll be a real opportunity for Danny to show us what he's all about. He has suffered many comparisons with Aaron Lennon due to the fact that he is a young winger from Leeds but I don't think it is fair to pressure the kid like that. He is certainly very skillful but actually has a better final product than Aaron and can even play in an advanced striking role.

Good luck Danny! We'll all be watching & cheering you on!
  17. paul turner New Member

paul turner
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    that what harry should be doing play not just danny but a few of them that they think can play for the first team
  18. wilky4uk Active Member

wilky4uk
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    all well and good blooding them, but rose, bostock, obika and so on are still not good enough for the first team, we cannot afford to play them in the EPL, sure see if they can win the cups by themselves but
    Is a shame, but when compared to the likes of Rodwell and Gosling they just arent quite there.
  19. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,896 / 65 / -0
    I disagree with you there Wilky. They are only not where Gosling & Rodwell are because they've not had the opportunity to [prove themselves yet, & they are a year younger mostly. If they get a few minutes on the pitch with our 1stXI next season these kids will be quality. Danny is a little wizard & 10x the player Gosling is, who plays in the same position (that's why Danny Rose got offered the call-up & not Dan Gosling!)
  20. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,647 / 0 / -0
    Gosling's a right sided player and Rose is left sided ;)

But I agree, you can only get better if oyu're given a chance and that's how Rodwell and Gosling got to where they are today. If we can give some of our youth a chance in cup matches or against bottom of the league opposition then they can gian some vauable experience.
  21. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,896 / 65 / -0
    Gosling has been playing on the left for Everton tho, like he did in the FA Cup final the other night when he replaced Leon Osman & against Liverpool when he replaced Pienaar on the left. He might be right-sided, idk, but he always plays on the left for Everton recently (except for when he played against us in the league!!)

You have to think also that Gosling & Rodwell are both 19 whilst Bostock is only just 17, Obika is 18, Mason is 17, Andros is 17 & Danny Rose is 18 (altho he'll be 19 soon but he is also the closest to breaking into our 1stXI I believe as he is further ahead in his development). Gosling & Rodwell are essentially a year ahead of Danny Rose & a couple years ahead of the likes of Bostock, Townsend & Mason. When Gosling was Andros' age, he was playing for Plymouth & was doing quite well, eventually earning his move to Everton. He was at a similar level to when Andros recently played for Yeovil, & Andros tore sh1t up!!!
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  22. MyGoula New Member

MyGoula
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    these youngsters really do seem to excite all of us. But realiticly how soon will we see them in the first team occasionally and in there for cups & subs in the league? I think next season we should give chances to the likes of Rose,Obika,Mason, Dervite, Bostock.
  23. aewallace81 Well-Known Member

aewallace81
    Ratings:
    +163 / 3 / -0
    I'v just been watching England under 21s on the FA website and our own Danny Rose has had excellent first half and scored his first 21s goal. :D
  24. EliteKiller Well-Known Member

EliteKiller
    Ratings:
    +2,472 / 25 / -0
    Watched the game here ... best player on the pitch, now he's back at the lane wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench .... kid looks good
  25. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,963 / 11 / -0
    Rose is yet another excellent English propect at Spurs.
    At least one team in the prem is trying to bring through good young talent, and I'm really proud that its us.
  26. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,370 / 2 / -0
    I really like him.

Does anyone else agree?

Could be great deputy for Lennon and also Krankshaft at the Fulham game if Harry wants to rest him for the away trip to Brum...

Always seems full of the spirit, speed and energy which most players in the current first-team seem to lack sometimes.
  27. Swanny New Member

Swanny
    Ratings:
    +604 / 0 / -0
    He's keen to impress that's for sure, I would still love to see him, Kyle Naughton and Gio given a fair run.
  28. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0 / -0
    Was pretty impressed with him too - looked like he was on a mission and had something to prove, which is whats lacking with our team currently IMO
  29. BatchSpurs Well-Known Member

BatchSpurs
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you there, 'Arry missed a trick on Saturday if you ask me. League 1 opposition was a perfect chance to try Rose on the left and Gio on the right. Or even Naughton on the right with Gio up top.

After sayin he was gonna run some youngsters out on Saturday, to only use Rose was a bit of a let down - good statement of intent to Rose tho
  30. EliteKiller Well-Known Member

EliteKiller
    Ratings:
    +2,472 / 25 / -0
    Good to see that little Cameo from Danny Rose, he really does remind me of Lennon in many ways let's hope he develop in the same way. Would be nice if he could play on the left as well .....