Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by gazza, Nov 26, 2010.

1. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    hello does anyone know if danny rose will get a chance to play, he is a decent playa maybe we will give him a try against twente

is he on loan perhaps
  2. Chingfordspur Well-Known Member

Chingfordspur
    Ratings:
    +557 / 3 / -0
    He's on loan at Bristol City at the mo!!!!
  3. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    rats i was afraid of that, hopefully he is getting a bit of fresh air, danny hello if you are reading this
  4. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    danny wont be anywhere near your first team this year. i think that goal against arsenal last year has raised all your hopes. i think he is a very good championship player if he gets his head out his ass and works but i cant see him getting near your first team and can see him signing for a champ team in the summer if not january.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Take a look at the thread the Brizzle fans made on their forum. Tearing into someone his age is ridiculous, it's not like they are performing well as a team or anything either . . .

EDIT: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/132249-danny-rose/

There it is lads. Based on that we should call Rose and Caulker back, ungrateful sods.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  6. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    hang on, lets get this straight. no-one was knocking rose's ability. he just doesnt work hard enough. as for caulker anyone that says a bad word about him hasnt seen him play. on matchdays we give all our players support especially the young ones.
  7. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Yeah, lets get it straight. Here is just a few of the comments in the first couple of posts in the whole thread. Tell me how he's crap isn't knocking is ability?!? Haha.

"ITo me he has been nothing but woeful and the goal he scored against Tottenham has shot him to stardom where it is really not deserved."

"He's crap. Offers nothing. Seen a few crosses on his debut and nothing since."

"He isn't as good as he thinks he is that's for sure."

I didn't say that anyone has said anything about Caulker, but if those comments are going to be aimed at our players, best to get them out of there and send them somewhere else. Just because Rose is from a Premier League club, doesn't mean that he isn't learning, and those comments aimed a kid is not going to help anyone. Bristol City or Tottenham Hotspur.
  8. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    Danny Rose fractured his leg a few weeks ago didn't he? In a training match for Bristol...maybe i'm wrong but i saw it on their website.
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    No he didnt, that was Nundy's news which was false.
  10. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    what so you've never come on here and slagged a player off after a game?
    if you read most of those posters get shot down. we see him play for the U21's and you and its gets people thinking why cant he do that for us.
    the fact of the matter is rose has ability, but unless he digs deep and starts working he's not going to make it here or at white hart lane. this is a key phase for rose, see how he responds when the going gets tough. i'm not saying a minority slagging him off is helpful because its not. but i think its better for him if he stays with us, gets regular games and a test of charachter than playing in the reseves for you until january.
  11. NundyYido Well-Known Member

NundyYido
    Ratings:
    +1,748 / 14 / -0
    oi! didnt have to bring up names...
  12. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    Cheers mate lol. Fookin Nundy eh :p !
  13. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,312 / 2 / -0
    Shows how much they know lmao.
  14. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    maybe they thought hes a gooner thats why they call him shit :D
  15. davids01 Well-Known Member

davids01
    Ratings:
    +193 / 1 / -0
    I don't rate Danny rose iv seen him play for U21 s many times, I'd be shocked if he ever became a first team regular for tottenham. Yes just an average player.
  16. weirddave hey you guys

weirddave
    Ratings:
    +2,312 / 2 / -0
    You obviously didn't watch the U21's game against Germany. Ok, the team generally fell apart at the hands of the German team (familiar situation this year), but I watched Danny Rose and he was adopting a Modric-type role. Making tremendous tackles (and even sliding well), winning the ball back and regaining possession.

Give him time.
  17. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Sorry mate! wasnt trying to say it in a negative way towards you
  18. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    I really think he just doesnt want to be playing in the Championship
  19. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    well in the next 2 years i dont see him being a starter for us thats for sure but in football you never know , a lot of people said
    bale wouldnt make it into the first 11 and now hes hunted by whole europe. Dont give up hope so soon , hes still bloody young.
  20. brainiac Moderator

brainiac
    Ratings:
    +4,924 / 2 / -0
    Was speaking to a Crystal Palace fan last night about Jonathan Obika .....same story tbh .....not nice to hear the bloke saying he wasnt up to much.

When you look at the chances he has had so far....4 sub apps in the league & 1 sub app in the Cup.

I know Spurs have to play a strong team & are pushing for serious results ....so the options for bringing a bit of youth into the mix are fairly limited ......but ffs ......its becoming almost none existent.

Loaning the younger lads out is the only option at the moment & frankly thats not ticking any boxes.

The Carling Cup & the FA cup seem to be the rare & seldom moments we see the future prospects being blooded..........to me that bollox.

The 25 man rule can be supplemented with an unlimited number of players under the age of 21...............so where the fook are they? On loan.....either rotting on a bench or just not being nurtured or brought up correctly by teams that just need a feckin stop gap player.
  21. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Yep another that wont make it here (Obika), I know he's been injured off and on this season but I've been keeping tabs on all of our youngsters and to me right now the only ones that will make an impact at the club are

Steven Caulker
    Andros Townsend
    Kyle Walker

possibly Jake Livermore & Kyle Naughton......and thats about it.

Although I'm expecting Harry Kane to go out on loan next season and to me he is the next striker to make an impact for us.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  22. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Caulker and Walker especially for me. Both very exciting prospects and I wouldn't be surprised if both of them become Spurs first team regulars in the future.
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    I'd say Walker will be pushing Hutton/Charlie next season, Caulker to push our CBs the following season
  24. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Yeah, I've said someone has PLAYED shite before, but I wouldn't condone a whole thread attacking a young player. As for them being "shot down" you read a different thread to me!! A couple of posts defended him, the rest just ripped it out of him. Shocking, really shocking.

Still, you didn't answer my question, how were the posts I highlighted NOT slagging off his ability?

Exactly.

I like you mate, a nice touch to have an outsiders touch, but you can't defend the nature of that thread and the way they speak about one of our own.

Imagine if we took Cole Skuse or someone off your hands and ripped into them. See where I'm coming from?!?!

We took Dean Parrett of Plymouth, and I wouldn't be surprised if Rose and Caulker will follow soon.
  25. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    sorry for creating so much pain with this thread
  26. brizzlefan New Member

brizzlefan
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    like i said taking rose and caulker would be madness. when the whistle blows at the start of the game there is no abuse towards any of our players especially the younger lads. re-reading the thread i can see as an outsider why it seems a bit out of order.
    on the subject of cole skuse, you can take him if you want.
  27. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    I have only seen Danny play once for City this year, against QPR, and he was brilliant that night. He didn't have a lot of the ball, but his work rate was spot on, which is why that thread made by the Bristol City fans is so hard to understand......

I fully share Brainiac's frustrations regarding our youth policy, it has become a joke. If Levy wants to save money for the stadium, then the academy could be scrapped as it has done nothing for us for nigh on a decade....
  28. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    hey brizzlefan nice to have you on the forum

I got a question , how did rose play today for bristol against sheffield? I saw you guys won 3-0 and rose got a yellow card!
  29. myspurs10 New Member

myspurs10
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    id like to know when he scored against tottenham, wasnt it arsenal feking numpty
  30. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    maybe it was a nice own goal and it was a secret