Davinson Sanchez One Year Follow-Up Poll

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by bfwolf, May 17, 2018.

?

Given his alleged purchase price of 36.6 to 38.5 million pounds, how good a purchase was Sanchez?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. 1 - A terrible purchase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 - Neither a good nor a bad purchase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

25.0%
  8. 8

30.6%
  9. 9 - A great purchase

44.4%
  1. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    For each new signing from the Summer 2015 on, I created a transfer rating poll where everybody could mark their opinion for posterity. This is the one year follow-up poll, where you can register your opinion on the transfer based on everything you've learned to date. We'll be able to compare the data to the original transfer poll and to the final transfer poll when the player leaves the club.
  2. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0

We hardly missed a beat when he came in to replace the best central defender in the league, at the age of 21, in his first season. Worth every penny of a fee which is obviously inflated due to the current market, and was half of what Liverpool paid for VVD. I expected him to play well, but I didn't see him playing this well, this early. Exceeded expectations, and mine were pretty high.
  3. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0
    9. Defense was not as good as it was in 2016-17, but it was never going to be after losing Walker and missing Rose and Toby for most of the season. It's incredibly impressive how quickly Sanchez was able to adapt to the PL, and he will only get better with more experience.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    A great debut season in the PL for the Colombian.
    He's taken to it like a duck to water & its only the odd howler he makes sometimes that remind me that he's still only 21, which in quality central defender terms is just a baby.
    He's just extended his contract so hopefully that means we'll see him improving his game even more at the new WHL over next couple of seasons.
  5. PhillySpurs Active Member

PhillySpurs
    US (From Philly area live in Martinsburg, WV)
    Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -0
    He came in, and within a few months took over for Toby. Yes, he does have at least one terrible decision in him every match, but he was very good this season. He's only going to get better, and he is only 21. Fantastic purchase.
  6. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    I gave it a 7. He's been good, and when we purchased him, I was concerned about the always looming possibility of a total bust when bringing somebody in from a much lower league. He's clearly not a bust. He's talented, with all the physical tools, and playing at a respectable level already. Which is really impressive given his age. He should only get better with age, and in a few years may very well be one of the best CBs in the PL.

If we'd gotten him for 10 million pounds or something, this would be a 9. But since we set the club transfer fee record on him, I knocked it down a couple of points, as it's not like he's great YET.
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. NYYiddo1019 Well-Known Member

NYYiddo1019
    Ratings:
    +1,612 / 43 / -0
    8. He's exceeded expectations in his first season for us. He's been very good and adapted quite well to the most physically demanding league in the world. But as any young player that is still getting used to a new league, he was prone to some mistakes, albiet in small quantities. Not bad at all. I expect next season to give him a 10.
  8. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    9 all day long, made mistakes for sure, but he will soon learn....if somebody told me last summer after we sold Walker and Alderweireld and Rose would barely kick a ball this season but we wouldn’t really be that worse off defensively I wouldn’t have believed them, credit to the lad Sanchez, and Tripp’s and Davies too of course...
  9. Hazza Well-Known Member

Hazza
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 20 / -0
    9 - He has been absolutely superb, especially when you consider his age, the step up in standard and the cultural differences he's had to adapt to. It's going to be a shame to lose Alderweireld, but not the catastrophe it would have been had we not signed this kid.
    • Agree Agree x 1