Diarra and his mate

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by IH8GOONS, Aug 4, 2011.

1. IH8GOONS New Member

IH8GOONS
    Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    Originally Posted by Akqayid
    Diarra IS BRINGING HIS MATE!!!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akqayid
    Diarras mate is Ady. I Posted last week I hope he brings his mate.

He's bringing him. I'm calling Diarra and Ady unvieled for Saturday

So could it be true that we will see diarra and adebayor in lillywhite. This ITK seems very optimistic they will.
    TBH this guys ITK's have been quite accurate (as far as i have seen) and so hopefully it will be true.
    Thoughts...?
  2. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +576 / 5 / -0
    i'll believe it when i see it. 2 quality signings.. not my preferred striker but at least he can actually 'strike'!
  3. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,144 / 33 / -0
    He seems very confident and must know something if he is gonna make this bold of a claim. That said, its probably nothing. If even half of what he's saying proves to be true, though, my hat will be off.
  4. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    Would make for a lethal squad, our competitors would quiver.

Home:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Walker Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Lennon Diarra Modric Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Away:
    Friedel/Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King/Samba BAE
    Modric Sandro Diarra Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

I'd chosen a 4-3-3 but Harry wouldn't.
  5. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Big words... He's probably right about Diarra but we see Llorente on Saturday and I think we'll step up our pursuit a LOT after that.
  6. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    Our efforts in the transfer market are like our strikers' attempts on goal. I will only believe it when I see it on the OS.
  7. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,427 / 3 / -0
    I believe his source is a player at the club so hopefully he's getting some geniune info. He's been very confident with his info over the last couple of weeks
  8. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,270 / 5 / -0
    I would have liked Diarra to have been mates with Benzema but Adebayor is better than our strikers.
  9. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,414 / 4 / -0
    I'd rather Llorente, but Ady's a very good shout. Diarra would be superb.

That's pretty bold to make a call like that. If it doesn't happen, that's Akqayid's rep burnt.
  10. Yidington New Member

Yidington
    Ratings:
    +1,762 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to believe it but it just seems too promising for one of our transfers and were not even near deadline day. But i hope we can pull something off
  11. IH8GOONS New Member

IH8GOONS
    Ratings:
    +236 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how your away midfield would work but you never know. If we got diarra, would you really expect sandro to be dropped for home games? Yes i know before you say it he will improve the overall squad but im talking about starting.
  12. USpur Well-Known Member

USpur
    Ratings:
    +1,270 / 5 / -0
    I think the away midfield would work because we would finally have a striker who would make something out of chances. That formation doesn't work with what we have right now but plug in Ade/Llorente/Negredo/etc. and the away mid would be worth trying.
  13. DelboyN17 New Member

DelboyN17
    Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Would be delighted with Adebayor and Diarra, however I have to question these ITK's as they are all over the press in terms of being linked with us, personally I dont see Diarra coming to keep the bench warm for big games .... although Sandro & Hudds are injured at present I dont see either of them being dropped when returning to full fitness ???

With regards to Adebayor .... again not sure if it will happen, returning to one of my posts a few weeks back regarding Kevin Bonds interview in South Africa, he said he would be very surprised if we didnt bring anyone in before the window closed, not before the season started which tells me we will lay low and see if the likes of Madrd will play their hand with Ade and if not we will be there to offer him the football he craves, also cant help but think the monet being quoted for Diarra ... 15 mill ish i think is way of the mark, dont be surprised that if we do sign him its in the region of 8-10 mil jus like we did with Rafa, its what Daniel Levy prides himself on !!!!

I am optimistic though that we will bring in at least 2 players before the window shuts ....... (nervously biting my nails)
  14. seantheyid New Member

seantheyid
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Mike_THFC on twitter, claims to work at the club which i believes he seemed to know a lot of 'behind the scenes' things, and he claims that the club are 'working very hard' to get diarra
  15. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    I'm one of the biggest Sandro fans. I think he's the best in the world at breaking attacks already, perhaps maybe behind Mascherano, but no one else. Imo he is definitely the best tackler in the world for midfielders.

I would not want Sandro to be dropped for any game. I would make him first choice over any of our CM's except Modric obviously since he's more attack minded. This would be my desired starting formation in case we get Diarra, who I don't think should rest on the bench.
    4-3-3 (VDV as inverted winger)

--------------Friedel------------
    Walker-- Dawson-- Samba/King-- BAE
    --------Sandro Diarra Modric-------
    -----VDV ------------------Bale--
    -------------Adebayor-------------

subs: Lennon, Pav, Thudd

I don't think Thudd is on par with the rest of those midfielders. Sandro is far better at defending, far far better no question about it. Diarra is a complete sort of box to box midfielder with incredible defensive qualities as well as solid attacking ones, better than Thudd imo. Modric is way better at attacking, and isn't far off of defensive side either. I think Thudd should be benched more unless he ups his pace because if you'll notice even last season where he barely played, he let in some really, really weak defending and from not exactly star players either. I remember the Stoke game (don't remember if home or away, I think away), Etherington dribbled some 40 yards with Thudd trying to get him off the ball the whole time and failing desperately and so Etherington finished with a goal.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +959 / 0 / -0
    Personaly I agree with you. I do think this line up is more likely than any other. It is a monster midfield. It would strike fear into most teams if you ask me. I do think that VDV will be out right cutting in allowing Walker to do his thing. I don't think we will see to much of Lennon and although I think your beliefs about Sandro are slightly premature, I do think he is a fantastic young player with the world at his feet if he keeps going. I have a niggling feeling Thudd is the new King, only not quite as good at what he does. Injury wise I mean. Diarra, Samba and Adebayor and I am a very happy, content man who has been proven wrong. We will all see soon enough though. COYS
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Smithy Active Member

Smithy
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Tottenham - Spurs are closing in on a deal for Lass Diarra, whilst a loan deal for former team mate Adebayor is on the table #THFC

The fourth offical bloke tweeted this an hour ago
  18. SpursBoy96Jay New Member

SpursBoy96Jay
    Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Probably bollocks.. but if its true, our midfield would be lethal!
  19. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,084 / 21 / -0
    I hate the ITK, im always getting optimistic , but in this case I think they will join :)
  20. Billywhizz Well-Known Member

Billywhizz
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    I hear talks with Diarra have stalled due to his wage demands, same shit, different day.
  21. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    I don't get it though. Why the hell would Levy sign another CM for us when we are stacked with decent-amazing players in that department? Why not in the CB department (which may I remind you we are lacking), for the same money, does Levy not go head in for Samba first?? Not to mention Samba won't request high wages either.
  22. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,716 / 3 / -0
    thudd is so nice you guys :( please do not be mean to him. good thuddy
    • Like Like x 1
  23. yid4eva Forum IT Guru ( Geek ) ;)

yid4eva
    Ratings:
    +842 / 0 / -0

i found this