Do you think there's any truth that we might try for Adebayor on loan?

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by Lonspurs, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Lonspurs Banned !

Lonspurs
    Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    This rumour seems to have gained a bit of ground although we might have to reach some sort of compromise with City on his wages and share the bill.

Could it happen? On his day, Adebayor is a bloody handful and he doesn't need to be "blooded" into the Premiership after playing for Arsenal and Man City.
    He's strong and can hold the ball up well, but I'm not so sure he is the sort of player that will hit 20 odd goals for us.

There's talk of a loan with an option to buy if he does well. I bet it would shake the Gooners up if we got him.

Do you think these rumours are just a load of old rubbish????
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,510 / 3 / -0
    Hope you dont mind me moving this to the ITK section.....that way it'll save [MENTION=5232]BlueCrew LA[/MENTION] the time & effort of posting that the thread was in the wrong section :y15:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. genuineblue New Member

genuineblue
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Don't think we would allow it on loan matey tbh, Mancini wants him out the door not lingering like a bad smell. He will be sold lock stock and barrel i think bud.

We all know he is a whiny trouble maker, if he wasn't then yes a loan or maybe we wouldnt want to sell him but alas he is so we don't.

Main issue is Mancini has no time for him whatsoever and wants him fully cut away from the club, a loan doesn't fit with what the manager wants.

As you say, on his day he is unstopable, he just has no motivation to keep at it and he gets distracted and his shoulders slump, then you have a real problem Re-focussing him.
  4. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,664 / 32 / -0
    i never wanted gallas and he proved me wrong,i very much doudt this wankbag would have the same effect,he has a great record of scoring against us but who hasnt????
    • Like Like x 1
  5. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    he's a wa*ker but lets face it he's a good player and if he plays like he can imo he's unplayable. I would prefer a loan though just incase he decides to sulk.
  6. Snowleopard New Member

Snowleopard
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I'd take any striker who played for Real Madrid last season over our current options, even half motivated he would be an improvement, plus I believe if he came he would have something to prove, trying to beat Man C for the top 4 finish.*
  7. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Adebayor, during his days at Arsenal, was one of the top 5 strikers in the world. He could hold the ball up, finish well, had the speed and quickness to create space for a shot, and of course he's 6'3" so he had good heading. The only problem with him is motivation- as the city fan said he isn't motivated and loses focus (Pav anyone?) but I think it'd still be a good move.
    I'm holding out for Llorente after the friendly, but that's just the wishful thinking of a fan ;)...
  8. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I would be surprised if we didn't even try to get him. He ticks most of the boxes of what we're looking for in a striker.
  9. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    With LeArse:
    08/09 21 games started - 10 goals
    07/08 32 games started - 24 goals

'Nuff said.
  10. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    you guys he score a hat trick against us maybe he can teach our defender?
  11. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    Wait a second... Shitty are asking 14 million for him!!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Levy would have to be the biggest retard to not sign him. Look at his goal scoring record, saying he's EPL proven is an understatement. He's also 27, the perfect type of striker we're looking for, and hates LeArse as a bonus. Come on... what on earth are we waiting for. We were willing to pay 25-30 million for Rossi, who even in La Liga his goal scoring record wasn't any better than Ade's, and like I said that was in La Liga. He would take time to adapt to EPL (which imo he would never be able to drop 15 goals per), and we'd have to change things/players around if we had gotten him. We are absolutely mental to not sign him for 14 million... if Real throws in competition, throw in a 20 million bid so they back off. And then Shitty with the delusion of thinking we're not even a threat to them anymore, would probably sell.
  12. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,638 / 0 / -0
    I don't like this guy one bit.. but I respect that he's got a good record of scoring goals, something that we need our strikers to do..

I doubt he'd move out on Loan though, Shitty want rid of him for good.
  13. mattyvw Well-Known Member

mattyvw
    Ratings:
    +528 / 1 / -0
    i think city would loan him tbh we see it more and more now. We've done it ourselves send them on loan to prove there good enough in ade's case got the right attitude. So i think it could happen.
  14. djspur New Member

djspur
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ithink he would be awesome with drogba as long as that didnt include Modric
  15. gabrielconroy Well-Known Member

gabrielconroy
    Ratings:
    +862 / 0 / -0
    He can, and almost certainly will score goals for us, and would fit our system - on that front it's a no brainer. On the other hand he has a bit of a rep for being a troublemaker - but then so did Anelka for years, and he seems to have calmed down for Chelsea. On the plus side as well, his interviews would be pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DorianSpurs13 New Member

DorianSpurs13
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I really don't like him, but you have to respect that goalscoring record. Plus hes celebration against the scum, when he ran the full length of the pitch just to annoy their plastic fans was one of the funniest moments ive seen. If we do sign him, definatly got to be on loan, and get sheik man city paying half his ridiculous wages.
  17. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,248 / 33 / -0
    I just can't see how City would sell to us, let alone LOAN him to us. They may have surpassed us but we finished close enough in the table last season that we will certainly be competing with them once again. We may not be huge rivals like Chelsea with Modric, but it still wouldn't make sense for City to improve a team near them in the table.

This doesn't mean that I wouldnt have him, quite the opposite in fact. I just don't think that City will sell to us at the end of the day.
  18. Dave_yo New Member

Dave_yo
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I was in the City stands that day, right next to the Arsenal fans, it was amazing to see, funny as ****. (Would like to point out I was given tickets by another friend and this was the year we got top four and I didn't hate City enough to turn down the tickets - yet)
  19. StPaulSpur Well-Known Member

StPaulSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,690 / 0 / -0
    In a lot of ways it's the same story as the Drogba to Spurs rumors. Of course their club doesn't want to sell him to a club so close to them on the table. But there's several key factors that might force them to: 1) If the player gets angry enough, the impact on the dressing room may end up actually being even more lethal to your team's standing in the table then that player's presence on a rival club. (Netherton had a column about that on ESPN today. Or you could simply see: Robinho or Tevez.) 2) In the age of FFP, you may not want to have a 100k+ guy on your wage list who isn't playing a lot. And the rumors are that Adebayor is on at least 160k. 3) The club may not rate the player as highly as those who don't see him in training every day do. So they may be more willing to sell than others might expect. Obviously the club isn't going to broadcast that information to everyone b/c it would drive the price down, but I do think that's a factor too.
  20. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    i really cannot understand how so many people want this orrible piece of shite in a spurs shirt. he is a cheating dirty scumbag, as said about gallas, i didnt think i would ever accept him but he proved me and a lot of others wrong, but this piece of shite i will never accept. he is in my top 5 of most hated PEOPLE in the world and used to be in most other spurs supporters most hated lmao
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +2,478 / 59 / -0
    Adebayor is a top class player. We need him. He might have been a horrible little shit playing for someone else but that shouldn't worry us. Infact, it was at Arsenal where he was a twat. He's not done too much wrong at Man city, has he? If he's available, we aren't in a position IMO, to turn him down.
    Dave,
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,510 / 3 / -0
    Being nit picky with this but he had a spat (like he did with Bendtner when we played them in the Carling Cup 5-1) with Kolo Toure or Kompany at Wolves last season. I personally think that he would bring disharmony to the club, but overall as a player he'd help. Still dont want him at the club, I'd rather go after someone else.

He's also refused to show up for preseason training........not very professional IMO.
  23. pallmallpunch New Member

pallmallpunch
    Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Regardless of how I feel about his play or his personality, I fear he might be poison behind the scenes. Pretty weary of adding someone like that to the mix. Can't seem to shake how happy he seemed to score against us in the CL.

That said, he's a hell of a striker... Maybe I'm torn on this one.
  24. tomo91 New Member

tomo91
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    id take him now, get him in.... just what we need, im thinking he needs a fresh start, and a fair chance, forget his history and let him start from scratch with us....
  25. Spurs for Life Active Member

Spurs for Life
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I really hope not...................................................

Had it not been for adebayor's goals against us when we played/got battered by real madrid than i do not think many fans would want him.

Remember we were so poor due to us playing with 10 men for 86 minutes, had stage fright & defended very poorly.....................Emile heskey could of scored against us that awful night, probably more than once.

What else did abebayor do last season, can anyone remember ?
    How many managers & clubs has adebayor upset ?
    How many fans as he disrespected ?

I cannot believe spurs fans are actually considering wanting him here.......................Absolutly shocked!

Man city may have lots of money but it was our team spirit that helped us qualify for the CL last season and really comes into play when things are not going well, Do people want to jepordise all this for one sulky ex gooner ?
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Mandy Well-Known Member

Mandy
    Ratings:
    +285 / 0 / -0
    As a player I think he'd be great for us, but as a person I think he could do a lot of damage in the dressing room and its not worth that risk. If you can guarantee that he's going to be professional and work hard for himself and the team then he could be a great addition, but hearing stories of him refusing to train and having spats with other players completely puts me off.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    What are you shocked about??
    And with our excellent crossers and style of play, he fits in better than anyone in the world, apart from maybe Llorente (still not EPL proven, but imo he'd do great). He'd be our 20 goal a season man. Do you know what that means? Top 4, CL, a butt load of more money, and then we could sell him or something and that top 4 would attract players to us. The way it did with Rafa last season, maybe Hulk or Falcao next season... isn't that worth it???
  28. bradders Legend!

bradders
    Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    same as me and a lot of others, he is a cheating dirty scum that hates us as a team and upsets teams and managers everywhere he goes. could you imagine the upset he would cause in the dressing room at white hart lane? i really think we would lose players cause of him. i still cant believe that fans who hated him so much now want him here lmfao, it goes to show what a dire mess we are in atm and that levy needs to pull his finger out and get someone in or next thing we know some fooking fans will be wanting wenger the pedo as well
  29. MagnaThor i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

MagnaThor
    Ratings:
    +933 / 54 / -0
    In my eyes, if we get him, we guarantee top 4. And honestly, in the few years he spent at Arsenal, did he hurt them position wise? In fact, since he left they haven't made it past the round of 16 in CL and even finished below 3rd... :y15:

It might be overzealous to make him the reason why they have performed worse since he left, but honestly I'd take top 4 all day if it meant having him in our squad. This isn't like having Modric leave and replacing him with Nasri. That wouldn't get us anywhere, let alone a guarantee... probably a drop in EPL table. I don't care what player it is as long as the big picture is nice and clear, and that would be champions league. Like I said, CL = world class players. Look at the trouble we're having, no one wants to come to us because we're not in CL. Like I said, if we finish 3rd or 4th, we could realistically remove Ade from our squad and replace him with Falcao and adding Hulk to the mix. What would it have hurt? 1 Year of excellent performances and a top 4 finish, to a summer with world class signings and classy players. We'd be even deadlier next year. But if we make Vucinic and Leandro our top striking targets, in the following seasons we're going to be more like LIverpool has been these last 2 seasons, and we won't have the financial power or the big name to attract players like Suarez to our squad.
  30. brainiac Moderator

brainiac
    Ratings:
    +4,924 / 2 / -0
    If Citeh loan him out to one of their main rivals I will place my left arm in a panini & toast the fooker with cheese and parma ham.

Shame because I think he would be a massive upgrade on Crouch ..... he should (when at his best) give us everything crouch does & a truck load more.