Eduard Husinec Trial

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Stig, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Stig Well-Known Member

Stig
    Ratings:
    +427 / 0 / -0
    According to the independent we're giving this young Croatian a trial and he played in the Spurs XI match against Celtic. The report suggests that we're looking at him to come straight into the first team and provide some cover, but I assume he is probably more of an investment for the future should we choose to sign him.

Do any of the Croatian members know much about him? Is he someone we should be signing?

Transfer News: Redknapp puts Husinec on trial as Spurs look for defensive reinforcements - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Edit: can a mod please edit the title, I missed the n out of his surname :y11:. Curse my illiterate fingers!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    Stig,
  2. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    There you go....

Anyways this is what I was talking about in the Samba thread. If we're not going to make signings with PL experience at least lets use our scouting network and sign some cheap prospects.

Saying that..... never heard of this kid.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    17 eh?

That's a big kid.

[​IMG]
  4. Stig Well-Known Member

Stig
    Ratings:
    +427 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @BlueCrew LA , the edit is much appreciated :2404:.

As you say this is exactly what you were talking about in the Samba thread, with both this and going after Remy maybe Harry is reading and taking notice ;). I also have to agree that he is huge (and not just for a 17 year old), imagine how big he'll be when he stops growing :y13:!
    Stig,
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Batman i love catnip

Batman
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 53 / -0
    Oh happy day! A trial! How much cover could an unknown 17 year old provide for our first team...? We should just recall caulkers loan
  6. Stig Well-Known Member

Stig
    Ratings:
    +427 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't take the part about him being cover seriously @blueballs , that is probably just journalistic license. Despite his size, I seriously doubt that he is ready or even being considered for the senior/first team. I would imagine that if we choose the sign him he'll be another one we're looking at for the future.
    Stig,
  7. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Well if he's anything like our current Real Madrid reject we'll do just fine to get him ;)

And [MENTION=8845]blueballs[/MENTION] I doubt this is a first-team signing. I imagine he may play in some Spurs XI, possibly NextGen games. Kind of like Milo's Veljkovic or that Peruvian guy (Olaya maybe?) we gave trials to.
  8. gabrielconroy Well-Known Member

gabrielconroy
    Ratings:
    +862 / 0 / -0
    I've got a good feeling about this guy.
  9. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    I don't want to take this thread too far off topic but I'm not a fan of that. I think everyone was under the impression that the loan was for the season, you start reneging on commitments or agreements, clause or not, it makes doing business with clubs harder. Premiership clubs would think twice about taking our players on loan and I think these Premiership loans recently have done wonders for our highly rated youngsters.

What if Swansea have the next Maradona in there system and we were looking to buy him, unlikely they'd do business. We don't want to have a bad reputation.

Like I said I don't want to take the thread to far off topic but I've heard that a bit lately.

As to the kid, some of the best signings have been made after trials. I'm not sure I believe he's coming in to add depth, I think the author is speculating a bit. We seem to give a few trials around this time every year.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Batman i love catnip

Batman
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 53 / -0
    was a joke, mate....
  11. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Oh OK.... I thought you were serious. That's been kickin' around the site lately and some of the ITK's have suggested it might be possible.
  12. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Husinec is currently back home. He is hoping to sign for Spurs, but there's some hold-up with paperwork (work permit perhaps??). He hopes that it will all be sorted out within the next 2-3 weeks and is really looking forward to joining the Croatian contingent at WHL.
  13. Sraew Well-Known Member

Sraew
    Ratings:
    +597 / 0 / -0
    There you go, Brum, 1 out 1 in, Harry is trying his best to keep you happy mate, let's just hope he's a looker.
  14. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Oh, he is [MENTION=7642]Sraew[/MENTION]. Bit too young for me, though! He's on the left, of course!

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Point New Member

Point
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nice to know we're looking to the future with all these trials and signings of young talents.
  16. Sraew Well-Known Member

Sraew
    Ratings:
    +597 / 0 / -0
    With a hair and jacket like that, you know he's gonna be decent, give him a few years and we can all have a crush on him when he scores a 94th minute winner against Arsenal.
  17. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    I thought from the title we had another court case on our hands ........
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Yup, Rev - he's guilty ... of being a good prospect ... and a cutie! :001_302:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    One out one in.... That's our Croatian policy and we're sticking to it!!!
  20. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
  21. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
  22. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Wait is he signed or is that referring to him agreeing to trials?
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Signed....he's been at the club for just over a month.

It says signed on trial basis but he's already been on trial.

A bit unclear but he posted that from his twitter and retweeting people welcoming him to the club.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -0
    first this guy and then the brazilian. we're really scouting these young CB's. hopefully ledders can teach them all he knows about reading the game / being the best cb (when fit) in the epl
  25. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Eduard isn't currently at the club - he's back in Zagreb and has been for the past 3 weeks or so.

The 'paperwork' for the deal isn't yet signed, sealed & delivered, but this might happen soon. Edu's written English isn't great and I think a lot of people on Twitter are getting the wrong impression because of this. His Spanish is decent, after six months in Madrid, but he needs a few more English lessons!

Translating stuff from Croatian into English isn't easy. Trust me, I know (don't I, @Cuddles)! :y2:
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  26. gary_human Well-Known Member

gary_human
    Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    Bulding for the future with exciting talent from Nationalities we already have at spurs, im sure that will help them settle.
  27. Cuddles Active Member

Cuddles
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    That awkward moment when it's actually the other way around :y1:.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    he tweeted earlier today about training.......perhaps he's over in the UK now.
  29. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    No, honestly, he's in Zagreb. He recently returned from a few days training in Makarska (just south of Split, on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia), but is back home now, training with a private coach. Some of his representatives have been in England and he is awaiting their return, with news of developments.

Reading between the lines, I'm not 100% sure that he will actually sign for us. He seems very keen, but you get the impression that, if Tottenham really wanted this to happen, it would have happened by now - paperwork or no paperwork! I could be wrong and it might be a case of his representatives not wanting to get the kid's hopes up prematurely. Let's wait and see!

For Eduard's sake, I hope it DOES happen. He seems like a nice lad who is devoted to his football and realises the personal sacrifices that have to be made, in order to have a good career in the game. He could improve even more at THFC and, with a few more English lessons, I'm sure he'd settle in quite well.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  30. BrunaSpurs Well-Known Member

BrunaSpurs
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0 / -0
    he seems passionate about the club on twitter, often stating how he lvoes the club and tweeting #coys and things like that @eduardedu5 by the way

some of his tweets:

'http://Sportsvibe.co.uk | Spurs Sign Former Real Madrid Trainee on Trial Basis shar.es/fVK5r#tottenham#COYS#thfc#tottenhamUltras!!'

'
    Very happy myself, I love Tottenham and I'd love to play for the... #NextGen#Spurs'

and when talking to me

'@JoshuaBruna I hope to myself that I will soon play Yes I will satisfy fans!'

'
    @JoshuaBruna I love Tottenham, why? I love to wear such a carved club, I have guys from Croatian to me that a lot of help..love london'

Sounds like the kid has a lot of passion inside of him, i hope everything gets sorted out

• Like Like x 1