England v Germany Sunday

Discussion in 'International' started by spursman18, Jun 26, 2010.

1. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    Ah, here we go again....Zee Germans

Have us down winning it 2-1 (both from Defoe) I'm so fookin ready for this, hopefully we'll lift our game with the prospect of playing our toughest/best opponent yet. News that Ledley is fit, dont know if he'll start might be too much of a risk. I would go with this

James

Johnson Terry Upson Cole

Lennon Lampard Gerrard Milner

Crouch Defoe

We must use Crouch's height to our advantage especially against Mertesacker who is a mountain of a man. I'd like to see Joe Cole at some point in the tournament so I'd swap Milner for him (if need be). I doubt Crouch will play so Rooney will most likely start. Just need to perform for 90 mins, is that so hard to ask?

PS....no fookin penalties (however im confident in our side doing well if we get that far)
  2. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Go get em ENGLAND!
    Javi,
  3. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    I probably hide behind the sofa than watch this game....I'm so nervous....it's 5th May 2010 all over again :302:
  4. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,452 / 5 / -0
    Only one thing is for certain.

If we play like we've been playing in the other games, we're gonna get spanked.
  6. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0

Very true, yet I feel we have a better team than Germany IF we perform.
  7. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    Match preview here:

Germany v England

No Cacau - Klose is back...I want England to win 2-1...
  8. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    If Capallo makes the same mistake that Bradley did and start ineffective players then i think England will lose. Which sadly means i think England will lose because i see no way in hell that Rooney is not starting. I can't think of a bigger boob on the field than Rooney at this time. Been very very unimpressed with him and maybe i'm being too hard on him. But as an american that wants to see stars do well he just hasn't and can't believe that he will probably get another 90 (plus extra if it happens to get to that) this WC.

I believe that if England has not scored by half time (Rooney specificly in that statement) then Cappello needs to sub him off and bring in Crouch to partner Defoe. Just me though which is why i'm at a computer and Cappello is making the millions. :)
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    steel- who would you consider as an ineffective starter?

I agree the bit about Rooney, our own players have been hyping him up the past couple of days to somewhat jump start his tournament but he never consistently performs for England
  10. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    preformed all season. now i realize that international is different than club. and may be true to point in regards that he hasn't been "consistant" for England. however what he has been is ineffective. (my eyes and opinion only). If Cappello has to burn a sub to replace him because he is still ineffective (like Bradley did) or even worse doesn't even replace him then i can't really see any way that England will beat Germany.
  11. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    I think its worth a gamble to waste a sub on him after 45 mins or even 60. It's a shame to say that. Thing is if we perform like we should than we'll win, I think the key is winning the midfield battles (i hope bastian isnt fit) and defending set piece properly because of their height. I think this is the key game for Crouch to be played with the height they have in the CB positions. I'll be extremely disappointed if he decides to play Heskey whether starting or coming off the bench.
  12. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,196 / 8 / -0
    agree about the midfield battles, but I also think width is a major issue for England, a bit better in the Slovenia game, but basically very narrow going forward against us and Algeria. Some of this is Gerrard, who seems neither here nor there for me. Germany's back four is there for the taking, and proper width in the attack could really stretch them and give them problems. I'm afraid Crouch could be nullified a bit by their size, where Defoe/Rooney present matchup probs for them if England possess the ball enough.

Some major concerns for England, obviously, but I see this one as a breakout game for shrek. England 2-1, Rooney both goals.

In any case, major best wishes to old blighty. hoping for you fookers to advance over the old enemy.
  13. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    I am officially SHITTING IT!!!

Gotta watch it at work. Bit of a result as I made my gaffer order and install a 42" plasma in the weights room so I could watch the world cup!!!

Thanks boss!!!

I agree with some others on here, it could go horibly wrong.

If we crumble under the pressure (as we seem to have done so far in this WC) we could get battered.

If we turn up and Postman Pat gets his tactics right we could get a win.

I dont see him droping Rooney in a month of Sundays and equally I dont see Lennon getting another run out unless we are chasing the game and need somthing extra or diferent.

He will start with the same personell he started the last game. If Ledley is 100% then I can see him getting the nod, but Ledders hasnt been 100% since 1996!!!

Good luck England, make me proud.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    At least you got work to keep you sane....I'm gonna be bricking it for the next seven hours :y13::y13::y13:

It ain't an going to be an easy game....but with Spurs, ya gotta Believe.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

:fandrinking::englandthumbs::englandcheering:​
  15. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    i cant fooking wait....is it 3 o clock yet ???
  16. THFC6061 Well-Known Member

THFC6061
    Ratings:
    +2,407 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  17. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    I'm ready fellas!!! Up at 7am to start drinking by 8am

Takin the tube into Washington DC singing 10 german bombers to my german mate thats with me, getting off in Chinatown I will then start singing God Save The Queen, a short walk to the pub and I'll be surrounded by a shower of red and white, I feel sorry for my mate as I dont know if there will be any of his kind in the pub (he is a proper born german, not just a "fan)

I want us to win so fooking bad, and finally show up and put in a good shift

2-1 England
  18. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    haha that sounds like fun there spursman!! i'm up at 6 to be at work at 7. :( lol.
  19. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0

Shame about work, hopefully you'll catch some of the game.
  20. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,720 / 33 / -0
    no its 12.34 get your fooking watch fixed:y15::302:
  21. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,455 / 0 / -0
    Got the BBQ out - spare ribs (yum yum)

2 hours 'til kick off...and I'm nervous as $hit....
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,513 / 3 / -0
    I'm off to the pub, good luck to all the English out there

Heroes- dont worry the opening Rooney goal will relax those nerves.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    oh yeah we have a couple TV's here in the NOC and they will be turned onto WC. have fun at the pub!
  24. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,376 / 38 / -1
    Superman.

Dont forget

I'm England til I die,
    Im England til I die,
    I know I am,
    I'm sure I am,
    I'm England til I die!!!
  25. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,452 / 5 / -0
    Sky Sports | Football | World Cup 2010 | England | 'No changes' for Capello

The reason players under-perform for England is because they are played out of position.
    Gerrard is not a left midfielder and Rooney plays best as, and wants to play as, a lone striker. I don't understand why we play our 2 biggest attacking threats, and probably best players, out of position.

It was fine against Slovakia, but against Germany that kind of basic predictable attack will be read like book. I'm just worried our tactics are going to stifle our attacking threats.

Johnson better keep his eye on Podolski, because he has a nack for getting caught too far forward. Barry is going to have to have a huge game, because I'm pretty sure he'll be assigned with keeping Mehmut Ozil as quiet as possible.

I'm bricking it because I look at that midfield of the Germans, and to me it looks capable of owning the middle of the park, and everyone knows how important the battle for midfield is. I've been praying that Capello plays a 5 man midfield, but knew it was really going to happen.

We're very capable of pulling this off, but Capello's going to have to get his tactics spot on. We also need everyone to step their games up a lot.

Like I said, if both teams play like they have so far this tournament, this aint gonna end well...
  26. JiraiyaTHFC New Member

JiraiyaTHFC
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    what bad defending by terry and upson. And Klose is a man born to play at the World Cups
  27. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    wow, what a bad goal to give up. james looked very terrible on that play. now this is seeing it from bad TV's about 30 feet away.
  28. JiraiyaTHFC New Member

JiraiyaTHFC
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    james couldnt have done anything there, but just now he saved germany in a 1 on 1 situation..sofar their best player
  29. JiraiyaTHFC New Member

JiraiyaTHFC
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    and just as i write he makes a bad intervention and concedes :S
  30. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    Awful defending for the goal....poor goalkeeping too..... And as I write thus it's 2 0 England are awful and second best by a country mile! Milner has no pace to deal with the big left back! Rooney is totally out of it, capello needs to sort it out at half time or England are going home..... Not only going home but going home with a severe tanking bebins them!