Erik Lamela

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by AmericanHotspur, Apr 7, 2011.

1. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Liverpool And Tottenham Linked With River Plate Prodigy Erik Lamela- Report - Goal.com
    Maybe we already have VDV, and we need strikers, not skillful attacking midfielders, but I was searching around and found this article. I watched a couple videos on him and the kid is very good- I have heard the term "Wizard" used, and he already has experience for River Plate at 18. I heard Barca and Liverpool were interested, Harry will probably say "I haven't heard anything about him", and he already has a 20 million euro price on him, but I think we should still look at him, he may just turn into the next great thing from Argentina.
    YouTube - Erik Lamela - Jugadas y goles en la reserva de River Plate
    especially- YouTube - super gol di erik lamela
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,568 / 46 / -0
    'Arry will buy him based on watching him on a video. Just like he did with Sandro, I believe.
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,469 / 18 / -0
    He took the advice of Ian Broomfield who is our chief scout on Sandro. Broomfield was down in Brazil for a few months and watched him continuously and told Harry that he was a good enough player to make it at the club. Nothing to do with videos.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,568 / 46 / -0
    I'm well aware of that. I was making the point that Harry never physically saw him play. Thank God for Broomfield BTW.
  5. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Well honestly the reason I posted this is because of Sandro. We have bought only 4 players outside of English football in the past 3 years- Sandro (thank god for Broomfield), VDV (need I say more), Pav (eh..), and Khumalo. My point was not that this kid is the nest Messi based off of a video, more that we should look into buying players abroad firsthand, not after they get to another club. We offered 38 million for Aguero, why not buy him from Independiente when he was younger and cheaper? I think the transfer policy of buying decent Premier League players, which as gotten us to top 4, needs to be looked at if we want to keep rising in the football world. Let's say for argument's sake Lamela goes to Atletico or Sevilla and suddenly is wanted by "every big club' and goes to Barca for 35 million. We simply don't have the funds to buy stars when it is a bidding war, so we need to buy youth/ cheaper players. Plus, more money in our pockets-Bassong moved from Metz to newcastle for 500k, and we bought him for 12m. Just food for thought, maybe want to branch out.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  6. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,901 / 6 / -0
    Is this one actually real?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,945 / 21 / -0
    [MENTION=7449]AmericanHotspur[/MENTION] its this stigma that foreign players cant adjust to the PL. which is ridiculous since some of the best players in the leauge aren't english
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    I've corrected that for you mate.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    not all can but but modt players adjust to the PL.
  10. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    When he invented 14 years that Barcelona wanted him to hire, now I think he did not play 19 or 20 games, showed some quality but not dazzling.
    It lacks a lot .... lot.
  11. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    [MENTION=3501]contrast[/MENTION] I highly doubt it's real.. it seems online news sources pick relatively large clubs and "link" them with young players. This thread was more started as a discussion topic about whether we should sign young players more than news.
  12. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,945 / 21 / -0
    [MENTION=3430]tdw76[/MENTION] appreciate it :302:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gareth Bale Is a Yid New Member

Gareth Bale Is a Yid
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    River Plate have been relegated. He might be on the cheap.

Watched him tonight and he looks class.

Tall,Pacy and has a decent cross aswell as great dribbling. He has to work in the gym though.
  14. stead_uk Active Member

stead_uk
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    english players are over rated (im english) just look at the last few tournaments barring the under 17s. what happened about the kid from barca we apparently sing this window
  15. XRated Well-Known Member

XRated
    Ratings:
    +177 / 0 / -0
    How the hell does it work in Argentina? River Plate finished 9th yet were relegated.
  16. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +1,956 / 11 / -0
    Why the hell is the Argentine League system so complicated??
  18. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    to keep the big teams up and give an instant disadvantage to promoted teams. although in this case it hasnt really worked!

anyways back on topic, lamela looks to be a very promising young player, but I'm not sure whether we would have a chance of getting him. We have no ties to river plate so can see him going elsewhere in europe, probably spain.
  19. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The hens were a second division and I am happy to see my team champion Argentina in the river and go to second is the best thing that can happen, now all happiness has its price, the Gooners will want to take Ricky Alvarez € 12,500,000 is far superior to Lamela, would die before seeing a player of my Velez Sarsfield with gooner's shirt.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    Hopefully he'll go to Palermo instead.
  21. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Me too :07:
  22. Nidzumi Active Member

Nidzumi
    Ratings:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    River got relegated because their average over 3 seasons wasn't good enough. I have to admit the Argentinian league is confusing at first but it has it's pros. Two campaigns per year, multiple average tables, relegation playoffs.
  23. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,312 / 2 / -0
    It's mental, immediately puts promoted teams at a disadvantage as they obviously don't have an average points tally for the previous two seasons to fall back on...
  24. AnfieldRed i love sucking off spongebob

AnfieldRed
    Ratings:
    +299 / 0 / -0
    **** singing him. In two years time he will be moaning about wanting a move to Real, Barca or one of the Italian teams.
  25. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    if you do not buy a ticket you cannot win the raffle - andy gray fifa 11
  26. cravenspurs New Member

cravenspurs
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    He looks like a skilled player, but from that video he missed quite a few chances from close. I am all for bringing in young talent...but we don't play them on a regular basis. I sure would have liked to see GDS and Tarrabt get a chance at least in our system.
  27. C.A.V.S. New Member

C.A.V.S.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    if you want to explain in more detail is the subject of downgrades in Argentine football, I can tell you is that this system is used since 1983 to save a possible decline precisely River Plate
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,469 / 18 / -0
    Lamela seals Roma switch | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Relegated Argentine giants River Plate have been forced to sell highly-rated teenager Erik Lamela to Roma for around €20 million (£17.7m).
    The 19-year-old midfielder who reportedly attracted interest fromLiverpool,[​IMG] Tottenham and Barcelona,[​IMG] has penned a five-year deal with the Serie A side worth €1.5million (£1.3m) according to Italian news agency ANSA.
    River Plate president Daniel Passarella[​IMG] also confirmed Lamela's exit.
    Lamela, who featured 36 times for Los Millonarios, scored four goals in a season which saw the most successful club in the history of the Argentine game relegated to the second tier for the first time ever.
    The club is desperately trying to off-load players in a bid to raise funds as it faces a growing financial crisis.
    Lamela becomes the fourth signing made by Roma[​IMG] since the club were taken over by Italian-American businessman Thomas DiBenedetto.
    New recruits to the Italian capital include Spanish full-back Jose Angel[​IMG] from Sporting Gijon,[​IMG] Nantes[​IMG]defender Loic Nego and Barcelona striker Bojan Krkic.
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,469 / 18 / -0
  30. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    Yeah no, I swear journalists are just including our clubs name for fun.

A) I don't think Roma will sell him, unless he wants to go.
    B) There's only a limited amount of clubs that could afford him and he would go to.

PSG have money but I don't even think he'd leave for PSG, if he leaves he's going to Madrid or summat.
    • Like Like x 1