Europa league is a nuisance.

Discussion in 'Europa League Discussions' started by P UNIT, Sep 11, 2011.

1. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
  2. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    i think harry had planned to play the kids and a few fringe players but we have so many fooking injuries our fringe players have now become first teamers......id use it to give some of the lads coming back from injury a bit of a run out then fill the rest of the team with kids!

i just feel totally under whelmed by the comp if im honest........dont get me wrong, it would be great if we could go and give it a shot but if its gonna fook with league form then it will be a nuisance.......and due to so many injuries im not sure we have the players left to give it a shot!
  3. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,228 / 8 / -0
    While I hope we do well in the competition, I don't mind that he's taken this position. He was a little too afraid to rotate the squad last season, and IMO it caught up with us. Everyone (outside this forum) was saying what a deep squad we had, yet we didn't play any of them. Whether that was the squad players' fault or Harry's is a separate issue.

If we could do well, which I think we can, this could actually really benefit our squad in terms of giving the manager more confidence to play some players. Think of it this way, how sweet would it be if Gio played a blinder in Greece on Thursday?
  4. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    I think we have bigger fish to fry.

Domestic ones!

Dipperpool dont have this to worry about.

Although I dont prescribe to the Allan Hansen fan club and take every opportunity to suck their balls.

In short I dont think they are in our league and we should (FOOKIN LORD HELP ME FOR WRITING THIS) be spanking them at The Lane and letting them know who the fookin boss is.

This fooker will bite me wont it.
  5. Luke0405 New Member

Luke0405
    Ratings:
    +543 / 0 / -0
    I know the Europa Leauge can put a strain on a team playing 2 games a week for quite a lot of week throughout the season. But I personally love being in Europe no matter what the cup or number of games. Love the feeling of getting to see the team during the week. I know the main argument against would be that it puts a lot of tiredness and travel into our squad. But on the plus note it's an oppourtunity to get our younger players some minutes and match fitness.

I think if we can get them fit and keep them fit we have a real shot at winning it this year, I really do. If we are ever to be a successful premier League team we need to learn to juggle both like the Chelsea's and Man U's. It will just hit us hard at the start of the tournament while we have so many injured, if we can get them back as quickely as we can and survive the group stage I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.
  6. rudi New Member

rudi
    Ratings:
    +1,961 / 0 / -0
    "I had nine players missing in Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Sandro, Huddlestone, Pienaar and van der Vaart. That is a good team," he said.

He's right, too.

It's just so sad that the EL has become such a bloated slog of a competition that it's become totally devalued (at least until QF at the earliest).
    rudi,
    • Like Like x 1
  7. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    wat the fook are u trying to do to us!!

of all games u really had to pick this one to tempt fate....and fate is one spiteful bitch!
  8. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    This thread will be brought up once we win the entire thing in Bucharest 2012 :y2:

No but seriously, if only our players were healthy! We must have the worst medical staff in the Premier League and I think that "pretty good team" Redknapp was talking about could win some games in the EL. But hopefully some of our fringe/young players (I'm looking at YOU, Giovani Dos Santos) use it as a chance to prove what they can do.
  9. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    I know mate I fookin know.

I deleted the entire post twice, but had to write it again.

Mate if we pull it off, I am gonna come back and edit this into font size fookin 6.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. muckser Donator

muckser
    Ratings:
    +98 / 2 / -0
    If look at our reserves its probably still strong for uefa cup.

Gomes/Cudo

walker/bassong/kaboul/fredericks
    GDS livermore Hud? Townsend
    Pav kane

as for bench a few snr pros would be nice .

We would have 5 internationals starting!
  11. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -0
    im excited to see some of these younger kids play, but if walker plays will corluka we available to play against liverpool on sunday?

on a side note, does anyone know where to see a replay of the second half from wolves online? didnt get to see it and would like to
  12. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    Bigger fish for sure, so play the kids Arry, its simple.
  13. S.L.R Well-Known Member

S.L.R
    Ratings:
    +411 / 0 / -0
    I'd have loved to see us giving the EL a real go. We'd be one of the favourites to win the whole thing. But he's right, having to take a team to Greece on Thursday, then play the dippers on Sunday, is rubbish. If we didn't have so many injuries this wouldn't be a major problem but I can see his point. Nonetheless, we all want to see the yoof getting a crack at Europe this year. If they go out there and get battered, so be it.
  14. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    I want to win the Europa League .

Harry .... Do it for all of us !
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kinkygerbils Well-Known Member

kinkygerbils
    Ratings:
    +1,092 / 35 / -0
    When did winning things become a problem? If we rotate our squad we will piss this group. There is no need to send the first team on Thursday or to Russia.
  16. Father Ted New Member

Father Ted
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    No,your right.No one has any chance of beating you at WHL,especially those little jumped up leprachauns yous play on thursday.It will be a stroll in the park for you.Ask anyone who supports Partisan Belgrade!
  17. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Que.........?

Not sure I get this.

Anyone care to translate....... [MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION] this is one of your chaps isnt it?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    he is mate and is quietily confident and like me isnt to happy that people aint taking rovers seriuosily,on paper spurs should win by a few goals,but football isnt played on paper and this rovers biggest game ever in our history,and judging by the belgrade game anything is possible but it would go down as one of the biggest shocks ever in european football,but rovers will be up for it thats for sure
    • Like Like x 1
  19. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    to be fair mate i think there is some confusion as to wat it is that we arent taking to seriously......its the competition that isnt being taken seriously imo rather than the opposition. and if anyone thinks its gonna be a walk in the park then they need to have a look at the sort of team we are gonna play then look at how up for it rovers will be and then realise that we are tottenam hotspur and are capable of suffering a shock defeat to anyone.
    • Like Like x 4
  20. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Roger wilko. Over and out.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    i agree mate ,rovers are a proud crowd and dont get that when its written in posts,noone gave us a chance in belgrade and they pulled it off so rovers fans believe we can beat anyone on the day,weather we can is a differant story but it wont be down to a lack of believe.the old man has taken people from spurs to watch 2 games since the draw was made,they lost both so i wouldnt think arry would be losing any sleep over the reports he got so im guessing it will be the kids on thursday,maybe a whole team of kids apart from the keeper,this will be a mistake imo as it would only play into rovers hands,this is what ifs if im honest and head says spurs by a few goals,heart is a differant story as anything out of the game would mean a lot more to rovers than spurs,and im honestily going to sit back and enjoy the game without a worry about the result
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0

wow , that dates you as prehistoric ........
  23. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Just standard radio procedure old boy. Chin chin.
  24. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Marconi's original perchance ? :001_005:
    • Like Like x 1
  25. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Fox-trot uniform chalie kilo Oscar fox-trot fox-trot. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  26. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +2,005 / 0 / -0
    Can you translate that to Morse please?
  27. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    We are going to absolutely destroy Shamrock Rovers. Even if we play the kids. Double figures is a real possibility against that lot.

[MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION] :001_302: ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  28. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    Ross you cnut lol
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,211 / 42 / -0
    I'll tell you one thing. I bet those fookers put up a better fight than the Scum will on Sunday.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. belondon Well-Known Member

belondon
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    Hello P

I said this on a similar thread somewhere. Europa league suck because of the following, change these and we get two cups.
    1. Playing on a Thursday means you cant use Friday for a training session for the weekend game. This is a major problem. Friday training is traditionally tactical training for the up-coming game. Moving that training to a saturday doesnt work. Move to Tuesday, CL football on a wednesday
    2. less teams less matchs
    3. CL teams dont drop into it.
    4. more early rounds where lower seeded teams can knock each other out. Italian, Spanish, German and English teams join a few matches later.
    5. Sell the rights to free-to-air channels.
    6. Stop playing the final in a silent neutral ground. Home and away finals. toss the coin for who get home first.

COYS.