Ever Banega on Loan

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by TehLondoner, Dec 1, 2011.

1. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    It would appear Tottenham are making early plans for the January transfer window after it was claimed the north London club have made contact with Valencia regarding Ever Banega.
    According to Cadena Ser, Spurs have been in touch with the Spanish outfit to suggest signing the Argentina international on loan when the transfer window reopens, with a view to a permanent deal.
    However, Valencia are reportedly reluctant to let the 23-year-old midfielder leave the Mestalla, but Spurs remain hopeful they can strike a deal.

[​IMG]

After a relatively quiet summer in the transfer market, all eyes will be on Harry Redknapp come the new year to see if he invests significantly in his Spurs squad.
    In terms of senior players, the Spurs boss acquired only Brad Friedel, Emmanuel Adebayor and Scott Parker before the transfer deadline, despite hopes of a marquee signing moving to White Hart Lane. But, perhaps more importantly, Spurs did manage to keep hold of Luka Modric and Gareth Bale, with the former attracting intense interest from Chelsea.

Tottenham considering January move for Ever Banega | Give Me Football

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  2. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    and most useless transfer story goes to.....................Ever Banega on Loan.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yesh! New Member

Yesh!
    Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    would love him tho it seems fairly unlikely
  4. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    Yeah can't see this happening.
  5. US_Spurs_Fan Well-Known Member

US_Spurs_Fan
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0 / -0
    There is only one reason we would bring him in.... so I hope it doesn't happen.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    A midfielder every team with midfield problems wants...... on loan.....

He's been linked with United, Milan, Inter and various other big clubs. During the summer I said a few times he would be my first choice if Modric left. The longer he's in Valencia though the more his value is going to skyrocket. It's always possible for us to sign him if you consider the shaky financial outlook of Valencia. United were linked but when the deal for Sneijder fell through it looked like they didn't have a backup plan, they would be much better off if they had his creativity in the midfield right now.
  7. xxbradkennedyxx Active Member

xxbradkennedyxx
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Over rated as hell, seen so many people on Redcafe saying hes as good as the likes of Schweinsteiger and would be their first choice CM signing. Has a lot of talent but he hasnt really stepped up to the level he's capable of, needs to sort his attituude out, not go missing as often.
  8. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    From the games i've seen of him this season with Valencia he's been oustanding. Him and Canales have created a beast partnership. I must admit i also like the look of Jeremy Mathieu too ( he's a LB ). Wouldn't mind Banega but he'd probably be a back-up player :).
  9. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    Banega and Schweinsteiger have about as much in common as Banega and Parker.
  10. TehLondoner New Member

TehLondoner
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    We have no back up for modders. This kid will do.
  11. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,557 / 16 / -0
    He's the main man on a CL side, he wouldn't come to England to back up Modric. Especially when he could transfer to places like Milan and start.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    Most of the time when reading transfer section you have to wonder if people are joking or are they living in dream world. Only way Tottenham will sign him is if Tottenham sells Modric, plays CL next season, pays him good and he rejects bigger clubs.
  13. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    Banega is quality. He had a poor start to his La Liga career but then went on loan to Atletico and was quality. He has been excellent since. My only question is where do we fit him in? With Modric, Parker and Sandro already competing pretty intensely, can you see us having a fourth top centre mid being happy to rotate? I think you underestimate us Cor-Luka. I reckon we could get him handy enough if we really need wanted him. Doubt on loan though. He is a first choice Valencia starter.
  14. deejbah Well-Known Member

deejbah
    Ratings:
    +2,005 / 0 / -0
    Another transfer story coming to you courtesy of a journalist's Football Manager game.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Lol. He's one of the best midfielders in La Liga, would be maybe 3rd choice here.

If this happens it'll be for one reason, and one reason only... Which I refuse to think about.
  16. Batman i love catnip

Batman
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 53 / -0
    Oh god...the reason which shall not be named (let's just call it Voldemort for now). Oh god...Voldemort would be so upsetting. Like that scene in airbud when he sends him off into the forest. Or when Scar kills Mufasa in the lion king. I'M SO EMOTIONAL!!!