had enough of Lennon.....Lennon as a striker...

Discussion in 'Team Formation' started by jokerevo, Aug 25, 2011.

1. jokerevo New Member

jokerevo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well you know how Walcott and Lennon are quite similar? Tons of pace, good dribblers but crappy final ball? Why not try Lennon through the middle and just tell him to speed into the box and try and win pens or go round the keeper.

Anything's got to be better than him out wide refusing to take on his man.

We've already seen what happens when Lennon cuts in and is forced to shoot. He's almost more effective this way as it seems regardless of how much space there is...he never takes advantage of it.
  2. Fatboyyid I'm ***y and I know it Moderator

Fatboyyid
    Ratings:
    +3,663 / 12 / -1
    Martin Jol did play him there but with Rafa, Nico & Modric who can also play there it's never going to happen.
  3. Sraew Well-Known Member

Sraew
    Ratings:
    +597 / 0 / -0
    If Bale could play Attacking Right and Lennon Attacking Left, I'd suggest switching them around more often than what they do to become more of the highly praised "Inverted Winger" everyone seems to bang on about lately.

For me though, Just buy Ruiz or someone similar and we're sorted.
  4. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    thats a bit harsh, i thought at every opportunity against Man Utd he took on his man...

I don't think he will suit that style of play, he and bale love getting out wide and attacking to the by-line its just every now and then Bale cuts inside whereas Lennon does less often...

like Sraew says... try switching them more often would be better than using him as a striker.
  5. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    If he had the vision to match his speed he'd be unplayable! Unfortunately he is either as blind as a bat or just completely indecisive!
  6. GTGio Well-Known Member

GTGio
    Ratings:
    +195 / 0 / -0
    Yer, I dont think i have ever lover a player so much yet be so frustrated by him at the same time. On his day, his moment he does things that take your breathe away and you just think "wow, how did you do that, get their so fast!!" Unfortunatly he doesnt score enough and is nowhere near as direct as he should be. He just panics in the moment, like a rabbit in the headlights. I love to see him drift inside, pick up the ball and run more directly towards the goal and he's actually got a good shot on him, hits them low and hard always finding the corners of the goal.
  7. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    The problem with playing Lennon as a striker - he can't finish his dinner...

I think he will come good again this season, watch this space.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. spurs17 New Member

spurs17
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    hahaha inverted wingers ! didnt work against R Madrid , plus Lennon has sh!t final ball wether that be passing or shooting.
    We are not Man u , they can play inverted wingers with the likes of young and nani.........LENNON ....NO NO NO....Bale + VDV maybe
  9. spurs17 New Member

spurs17
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Well of course , with Arry in charge he is deemed undroppable , thats like 40 odd games for him...constantly . Be pretty hard if he didnt perform in at least a couple of games!

But in fairness if he just learns to improve his final ball, just even looking up, then he (can become) quality.
  10. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +10,471 / 38 / -1
    Yeah 5 years on and we are still waiting...................Its not gonna happen.
  11. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,337 / 16 / -0
    Being able to run fast is not enough Im afraid, we need a new wide man who can deliver.
  12. spurs17 New Member

spurs17
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Haha tell me about it ! lets just hope Friedricks doesnt learn from him, but Lennon is going to be our no1 Winger for as long as Arry is here so you cant do anything but stay optimistic.
  13. belondon Well-Known Member

belondon
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0 / -0
    i love the guy. always have.... moments of magic is all i need.