Harry/Levy fall out?

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by DaveYid, May 16, 2011.

1. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    #37 of the ITK thread mentions a Harry Redknapp/Daniel Levy fallout. Have heard rumours about this before and just wondered over what? I'm guessing money?

Hope its ok to start a thread on the subject, btw - thinkthat's how the current ITK setup works? I know its not regarding signings but thought maybe worth a bit of discussion..

Thanks, @spursman18 for all the ITK! Didn't get the new setup at first but loving it now, will keep me occupied over the summer!
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,802 / 6 / -0
    They probably haven't . . .
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,674 / 3 / -0
    Yes Dave, you can start any new thread on the ITK that I post instead of having 1 huge ITK to go through (I found this would be easier to have).

I also think if there is a rift between them that its down to money. However, Levy went out in January and showed there was money there. Maybe Harry was fooked off with not getting any of them and having to wait until the end of the window for Levy to show his hand?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,817 / 21 / -0
    i thought levy was pissed at harry for being so picky about the strikers he wanted? either way i hope they get over whatever it is
  5. ToDareIsToDo Active Member

ToDareIsToDo
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    Dont believe anything you read in the ITK, read it for entertainment purposes' and nothing more. Its all rubbish typed by people who havnt got a clue and all have attention based emotional issues. :D
  6. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,674 / 3 / -0
    There a few ITK posters who have good reputations, and post genuine information. But I would like to avoid having this sort of stuff come up in these threads since all of info is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just discuss what the thread is about, if you dont care for whats being passed on then please try to avoid looking at this section.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,358 / 16 / -0
    Is it a disagreement about Pav or Crouch ? :644:
  8. ToDareIsToDo Active Member

ToDareIsToDo
    Ratings:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    Relax relax, humour is lost when it's typed out apparently. Personally i think it's all rubbish but if other people want to believe it that's up to them. Personally i feel it shouldn't matter if Harry and Daniel have fallen out, they should be able to maintain a working relationship.
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,674 / 3 / -0
    I know you were joking around mate :y15:. I would just like to keep things on the topic instead of questioning every piece of ITK that comes out which we all know by now might be complete bollocks or have some genuine truth to it.
  10. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +989 / 0 / -0
    I've heard before that Levy made the money available for Harry to make signings but Harry fooked around and we missed out on Suarez and others. I hope this is not the case and both are ready to make the right signings before pre-season.
  11. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    latest post in the ITK mentions Levy and Redknapp having different targets. Surely it is in the interest of the club to go for who Harry wants?! As long as its not more Portsmouth
    players!

Edit: ..although maybe not if Harry is not seen as long term with Spurs?
  12. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    they need to put the handbags away and sort it the fook out......there havent been many more important seasons for our club than wat next season will be.....it woud be a crying shame for it to be ruined by petty squabbling!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +989 / 0 / -0
    How about this season? It was pretty important. It was probably more important than next. The expectations will be lower next season than this. We had to get CL to stand any real chance of becoming top four regulars. Let's be honest, the standard of the PL was pretty poor as far as it goes and so many teams that are finishing above us left many opportunities there for us to take advantage of, and like them we made the same slip ups. You would wonder how long these "differences" go back. You would wonder how much Levy supported bringing back so many former players and doing so many deals with Pompey when they were in trouble. So many questions we will never get the answer to.
  14. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    yea but as of sunday this season will be done and gone and fook all can be done about it!

but yea ur right as well!
  15. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +6,007 / 13 / -0
    I just hope Its not about Levy accepting a bid from the Mancs for Modric........

If that Cnut even thinks about selling Modric I'll be driving straight down to WHL with a GUN and I'll be aiming straight between the eyes!!!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Iconic Drei I am the Drei of all the Icons

Iconic Drei
    Ratings:
    +1,636 / 0 / -0
    If that were to happen, I'll be happy to Chauffeur you ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. brainiac Moderator

brainiac
    Ratings:
    +4,924 / 2 / -0
    Ive checked my sauces and cant find anything on the matter..... Ill let you know if the situation changes :y2:

[​IMG]
  18. steventhfc New Member

steventhfc
    Ratings:
    +683 / 0 / -0
    If he sold Modric, I'd probably protest literally, like outside the stadium tbh.
  19. DaveYid New Member

DaveYid
    Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    yeh we couldn't let him get away with that. man u of all teams though, just the thought of them getting thier thieving mits on him makes my blood boil. i could stomach him leaving for abroad for insane money but not utd under any circumstances.

if he ever did leave though i'd be gutted, surely one of the best players we've had for a long, long time..
  20. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0
    i'll fly to london and go on a hunger strike outside of WHL if a bid is accepted for modric
    • Like Like x 1
  21. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,674 / 3 / -0
    [MENTION=1627]basskadet[/MENTION]

hope you dont mind me posting this......its really too good not to have it in this thread

"What a bunch of nonsense.

I do not buy into this "board v Harry" rubbish 1 little bit. I just do not understand some fans at all, I'm afraid. They seem determined to create some sort of friction and it is, in fact, pure fiction. It happens EVERY window - Newsflash: Levy and Harry have fallen out!! . . . NO THEY HAVEN'T.

If there is even a modicum of truth in it they probably had a heated discussion which, via lengthy Chinese Whispers, gets blown all out of proportion. It will happen in every boardroom across the country when managers and owners are playing around with such mammoth sums of cash and discussing the future of the club and various players. They ARE human beings after all. I don't know if it is those anti-Harry lot (who ARE idiots by the way*) trying to undermine Redknapp and paint an image of it being him against Spurs, but it is ridiculous.

The whole Lennon thing in this ITK too, did anyone actually read Harry's quotes after the Real game? He STOOD UP FOR Lennon!! He said the exact opposite, so I do not see how Aaron would have a gripe with that. Seems to me to be yet one more thing that certain people are trying to pin on Harry. It is nonsense and pisses me off after everything Harry has done for Spurs. The impressions you get from everyone actually at the club is that the team is fully united under Harry so why do we feel the need to second guess that just so we can justify our irrational dislike for our manager?*

*Just to clarify, I am not saying if you do not particularly like Harry or disagree with him you are therefore an idiot, just those who take that dislike to unreasonable lengths by attempting to undermine him and broadcast ridiculous things like he ought to be sacked. There seems to be some inexplicable contempt for Harry from some sections of the Spurs fanbase which completely bemuses me. This guy took us from near certain relegation (& don't think for 1 second that, because we are Spurs, we would not have gone down anyway. We've heard the old "2pts from 8 games" a thousand times but, what isn't said nearly often enough, is that we were not only BOTTOM of the League but were already adrift. After the Bolton game, we had Arsenal Away & then Liverpool. We were screwed). Harry will always be a hero to me for that alone.

We've had a great season too. I just do not understand the moaning I've heard recently. In my opinion, it is all out of frustration because we all saw just how near we were to having an absolutely mind-blowing season and, if not for a few small errors, it coulds've been so much more. That is not really a bad thing though. I've sat through 20 years of real dross so forgive me if I view a Champion's League QF and a potential top 5 finish with us challenging for top 4 right up until March as pretty darn good. Harry called the moaners idiots and, whilst he could've said it with a bit more tact, I agree. We ought to be gutted for not quite managing to see it through but equally bloody proud of how far we've come under Harry.

Any season where we beat the Scum at their own ground and do the double over the Scousers is memorable in itself, let alone defeating BOTH the Milan clubs. There is SO much good to remember about this season and yet all the focus is being shifted onto a few games we've slipped up in, half of which we did not even lose!!!!

On top of it all, we've done things Spurs way. I've seen some wonderful football these last couple years and we've entertained the whole of Europe this season. Manchester City might be in the Champion's League, but we had to score the goal for them that took them there and, my god, they're boring.

I am a Spurs fan too and I have every much right to be heard as those minority (as Harry correctly called it) who are shouting nonsense. We cannot afford to lose Harry now and those who think that they can voice their overly-inflated negative opinion of him so vociferously ought to step back and think of the many Spurs fans who do not share those opinions. As far as I'm concerned, calls to sack Harry are just embarrassing us - we should be so much better than that and you would've thought that, being fans who have had to put up with a conveyor belt of managers, having someone stick around for a bit would be more of a tonic for us.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just so, so tired of constantly hearing inaccurate, unsubstantiated stories which are such clear attempts to hammer a wedge between Harry Redknapp, Spurs and us fans. Just be careful, as such talk has a nasty habit of blowing up in our faces. Harry has said on many occasions that he may well turn down the England job because he is happy at Spurs but with people spreading rumours like this and calling for his head on radio we might just force him to make a different decision. We ought to be singing his damn name, and many Spurs fans (probably most in fact) do appreciate the job he has done for us, so why is it I continually have to sit and listen to loudmouths somehow trying to make out that Harry is dragging us down? Open your eyes, we would be in the Championship without him but instead we are worthy of the Champion's League. Expectations have changed perhaps, fair enough, but that only serves as evidence to the club's appreciation under Redknapp, not our depreciation, and I do think a few people ought to be a little more respectful of that."
    • Like Like x 7
  22. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,238 / 39 / -0
    I never said that!!

. . . :y11: Ok, maybe i did, but I was a little fed up at the time having listened to "idiot" supposed Spurs fans calling up TalkSport

(actually, I was going to post it here myself anyway, so thx for saving me the trouble spursman!)
    • Like Like x 3
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,674 / 3 / -0
    Well I agree with most of it so I'm sure you wont be alone in how you feel.

you're welcome!
  24. ItsBoris New Member

ItsBoris
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    good post spursman, although Harry does frustrate me quite a lot I wouldn't want him to be sacked.

However, I do really hope he learns from his mistakes, and it is those mistakes that I think lead people to question whether he can take us forward. It seems like Harry messed up during the transfer window, if we had brought a new striker in we could have finished 4th easily imo, either Levy or Harry or both of them need to take the blame for that. Also, it seems like we don't really employ tactics which is a big mistake imo. Most of our not scoring is down to strikers imo, but some of it is also that our players aren't instructed to get into the box enough. Even against Liverpool, we often got the ball on the edge of the area but no one made runs into the box.

But at the same time, I don't think Modric, Bale, Sandro, BAE, Rose, and others would be the players they are without Arry's influence.
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  25. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    [MENTION=1627]basskadet[/MENTION] i havent heard or read that harry may turn the england job down to stay with us. you say hes said it on many occasions. hope this is true cos i think losing harry would probably throw us back a few years.
  26. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,238 / 39 / -0
    Seriously? He's said it LOTS of times. Also, what he has said is that "it would be hard to turn it down" - that is not saying he wouldn't turn it down or that he would. Harry has called the England job "a poisoned chalice" in the past too, during his time at Spurs, and EVERY time he is asked he has made a point of saying he is very happy at Tottenham, yet none of those quotes either get read or even published seeing as though the press are so desperate for him.

Harry has been quoted saying he would be "very happy to end his career at Spurs". Recently Harry was quoted as saying "I want to stay at Spurs and win the Championship". Last August he said "I'm very happy here at Tottenham, but I don't think the FA would ever go for me anyway"

Just the other month Harry said how he's probably a little too old for the England job now and he's not sure he wants the aggro too.

His exact quote was:

"It’s not something that I push myself for. I will probably be too old. If Capello is too old, I will be too old. People will always take it because, if you’re English, it’s the pinnacle of your career if you’re in management. You’ve got to take the job if you get offered it. (But) whoever takes it gets absolutely slaughtered. Probably the only person who has escaped it has been Terry Venables in Euro 96. But, since then, everybody’s had it, haven’t they? Probably even the great Bobby Robson He got slaughtered at one stage – made his life a misery."

Doesn't exactly sell it, does he. Again, he makes the point that its hard to say no if you are English, but he makes much more of a point about saying that you get a lot of shit flung at you. Now this is kind of my point tho - He is happy at Spurs, but if certain Spurs fans start flinging shit at him then he might as well take that England job if he's offered it.

Its funny how those quotes get swept under the carpet very quickly by a press who are set on appointing Harry in the England job themselves. That above quote had the headline "Harry would say "YES" to England job. Really? Harry has never, ever said outright that he "wants the England job", that he is actively seeking it. That is just people reading into what he is saying. All he has said is, as an Englishman, if the FA were to offer another Englishman the England job, it is very hard to turn them down. When has Harry ever been one to make decisions based on it being too hard tho?

If I'm honest, I could see Harry getting the England job and precisely turning it down just to stick 2 fingers up at the FA.

Here's the thing, in that article entitled "Harry would say "Yes" to England job, he went on to say:

"There is somebody out there, a younger guy, who can do that job. They are not taking over a team that has done so fantastic, that has won World Cups."

I won't paste the entire quote, but he spends half the article saying that the job is suited to someone else. If you want my opinion, I think he is hinting at Shearer and I would not be surprised if Shearer got it as he fits much more snugly into the mold which the FA desire of an England manager. Harry certainly does not fit that mold.
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  27. funkfish groany fooker lol

funkfish
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 0 / -0
    whats the latest on harrys tax case ? surely the suits will want to give him a wide berth over that.

i see a lot of harry bashers on here and fair enough theyre entitled to their opinion but mine is that hes the right man for the job here at spurs. he knows the premiership as well as anyone, seems to get respect off his players whereever he is. he does make mistakes but so does everyone. my only gripe would be that he loves to feed the media ( that could be a ploy from him though, get em on side and maybe it puts pressure on the suits to appoint him the england job ).
  28. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,238 / 39 / -0
    I agree funkfish.

I ain't got a problem with people who do not like Harry or question him (altho I, like you, believe he is the right man for us and, personally, I think that his outbursts are great - I'd much rather Harry going around calling people idiots than Ramos looking shy and not saying anything at all!) but, as I said in that initial, long-winded post, I do have a problem with those who take it beyond an opinion. I just do not understand why they feel the need to rock the boat we are all sat in and I find it very, very selfish. I'm a Spurs fan, I have an opinion too. Maybe I should scream it more often and get heard but it certainly feels as tho (at the moment at least) the Harry-haters are getting an awful lot of airtime.

Where I really stumble tho is that, whatever you think of the man, how can anyone question what he has done for Spurs? I heard this guy the other day who claimed to have supported us since our double-winning days absolutely slating Harry, saying he wanted him out of Spurs, how he wasn't a patch on Burkinshaw, Bill Nick, etc. Look, Harry has not yet won anything at Spurs so you cannot compare him with those guys anyway but what he has done is by miles the most any manager of Spurs has done in the last 20 years and that is without even taking into account where we were when he arrived.

I guess I've managed to go a bit off topic, so sorry, but it was all born from these repeated "reports" of Harry and our board "falling out" every window. It is just utter nonsense, I'm sorry. Harry's appointment is the best thing Levy has done for Spurs. Comolli was a disaster, Jol's dimissal was a disaster, Ramos was a disaster. Harry effectively saved Levy and Levy knows it. They'll have disagreements, just as any business or working relationship will have, but every window it gets painted as some kind of armageddon.
  29. Jammy_Jae New Member

Jammy_Jae
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I'll cry if modric goes!
  30. alex3 Banned !

alex3
    Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    me too

our most important player