Hello, from New Zealand.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself :)' started by jamesbale, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jamesbale New Member

jamesbale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone,

I'm James! I live in New Zealand, and love Spurs. I get so sick of everyone here just supporting united/city/liverpool etc, and i hardly get to interact with Spurs fans so i'm looking forward to chatting on here. I live in Christchurch where all the earthquakes happen, which kinda sucks but Tottenham playing well always gives me something to look forward to.

I admire every Tottenham player buy my favourite player is Gareth Bale, that boy really is a machine. I think one of my favourite spurs moments was the 3-1 champions league result against Inter. We played with so much passion and determination that night and it really made me so proud. It's my dream to catch a 30 hour flight to London one day and watch Tottenham live, I really want to make that dream come true.

I look forward to chatting, and meeting fellow Spurs fans. Thankyou for reading.

COYS!
  2. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Hi James, welcome to the forum :)
  3. KiwiYid Active Member

KiwiYid
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hey man welcome! Im sort of glad we're not overrun with spurs supporters over here. Makes it abit more special when you see one haha. I ran over and shook a kids hand the other day for wearing a defoe shirt! Visited Christchurch for the first time last year, was quite sad to see the damage. Its still a beautiful city though. Heart goes out to everyone thats staying there through it all
  4. Wotspur I'm Only a poor little Yiddo, ..... Donator

Wotspur
    Ratings:
    +1,045 / 2 / -0
    welcome to the family of the MIGHTY LILLYWHITES, enjoy the emotional ride you'll have with us... great surname, are you any good ?
  5. SPURSRULE4LIFE New Member

SPURSRULE4LIFE
    Ratings:
    +149 / 0 / -0
    hi and a massive warm welcome

enjoy your time here
  6. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +9,470 / 108 / -3
    You ran over a kid for wearing a Defoe shirt? Blimey I know he missed the goal by centimetres yesterday - but that was a bit drastic!:y2:.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +9,470 / 108 / -3
    Welcome mate. Hope you're getting your lives back together in Christchurch, can't wait to visit NZ again - we spent 6 months just wandering around, staying in cabin parks, camping etc. it was brilliant!
  8. 'Nixspur Well-Known Member

'Nixspur
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 0 / -0
    Welcome mate, hope the South Island stops shaking for you lot soon.

Out of interest, can I ask how you got into supporting Spurs as a New Zealander? Been watching the Phoenix at all?
  9. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,453 / 36 / -0
    Welcome to the forum James. Enjoy the talk. COYS!
  10. jamesbale New Member

jamesbale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone for being so warm and welcoming. Yes i agree Christchurch is still a very beautiful city and it's awesome seeing people's strength around us. I started supporting Tottenham as a New Zealander because my father was brought up in North London and is a Spurs fan. I got a Tottenham kit when i was about six and i've been keen on them since, my best mate's dad is a spurs fan too which helps. I watch the phoenix sometimes, but i find the a league a bit boring i guess. I'd like to go watch a game or two in Wellington though, that'd be good. I guess im just addicted to the passion/intensity/ pace of the English Premier League :D What are some of your guys best moments as a spurs fan?