'I really wish we'd sell...' Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by boo, Dec 6, 2014.

1. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    Who would you like to see out of the door this winter transfer window, if anyone at all?

To refresh your memory, here is the 25 (23) man squad registered after this summer's transfers (in alphabetical order:)

01 Emmanuel Adebayor
    02 Etienne Capoue
    03 Cristian Ceballos
    04 Nacer Chadli
    05 Vlad Chiriches
    06 Mousa Dembele
    07 Christian Eriksen
    08 Federico Fazio
    09 Brad Friedel
    10 Younes Kaboul
    11 Erik Lamela
    12 Hugo Lloris
    13 Paulinho
    14 Roberto Soldado
    15 Benjamin Stambouli
    16 Jan Vertonghen
    17 Michel Vorm
    18 Aaron Lennon
    19 Ryan Mason
    20 Kyle Naughton
    21 Danny Rose
    22 Andros Townsend
    23 Kyle Walker

In addition to the main squad list is an Under-21 list with an unlimited number of players - included on this list are Eric Dier, Nabil Bentaleb, Harry Kane and Ben Davies.
    boo,
  2. Database Active Member

Database
    Ratings:
    +144 / 40 / -0
    Soldado, Lamela and Ceballos.
  3. Hazza Well-Known Member

Hazza
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 19 / -0
    I'd probably keep this squad until the summer unless we receive huge bids on bit part players. In the summer my list will be quite big I'd imagine.
  4. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Paulinho + Ceballos. Perhaps Vlad if the price is right.
  5. ShaneOMac Well-Known Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +474 / 23 / -0
    What's Ceballos done? Why do people want him out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marsh Well-Known Member

Marsh
    Ratings:
    +1,577 / 16 / -0
    Yeah, don't get the hate for him...
    Don't think we'll see all that much business in January so I'd ship out a centre mid (probably Paulinho), maybe Vlad and then keep the rest assuming we don't get any ridiculous offers.
  7. Database Active Member

Database
    Ratings:
    +144 / 40 / -0
    You're right. He's done nothing since those videos with Ronaldinho maybe 10 years ago. You answered your own question.
  8. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Um he doesn't add anything to our squad and probably never will. Why do you want to keep him (instead of a younger and more talented player who's got a future at Spurs)?
  9. ShaneOMac Well-Known Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +474 / 23 / -0
    The guy showed serious promise in preseason and could turn into a decent Homegrown for us if given a few minutes.

10. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Against shite opposition and I don't think he was that impressive anyway. Don't think he will ever be good enough for us in the EPL.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    2014/10/14
    boo,
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Marsh Well-Known Member

Marsh
    Ratings:
    +1,577 / 16 / -0
    I've heard people say similar about Mason in recent years...

Also, @ShaneOMac I don't think he qualifies as homegrown, he came over just a little too late. Still though, he's been here for years and has flourished playing alongside the likes of Bentaleb and Mason.
  13. Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Zarathustra
    Ratings:
    +4,674 / 61 / -0
    Same here. Didn't agree.
  14. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,460 / 87 / -0
    Naughton, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Adebayor
    Lamela too if we can get a really good offer that is close to matching what we bought him for (and provided Baldini has a replacement lined up)
  15. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,449 / 42 / -0
    Im ready to give up on some of these players, but I would only shift a couple this coming window if there are decent replacements, in the summer I would have more of a clear out though.
  16. Bagpuss New Member

Bagpuss
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Get rid of levy he is the dead wood new broom sweeps clean , naughton not premiership standard and that goes for a few others who have got no pride or passion in the shirt, take a look at erikkson at least he gives his all in games and lloris where would we be without some of his saves during recent games........ He will be off in the summer maybe to another london club....
  17. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +929 / 27 / -0
    One of Paulinho OR Dembele are about the only two that we can afford to lose without bringing in a replacement.
  18. ShaneOMac Well-Known Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +474 / 23 / -0
    Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho and Chiriches can all go if they aren't going to be used.

Bring in replacements who can actually do their jobs and who the manager isn't afraid to play.

I'm beginning to think that patience will be key with Lamela and we can't overuse Lennon. If he's not going to use Townsend then a two-footed winger a la Adam Johnson (more like Kevin Kampl) wouldn't go amiss

19. kayat Well-Known Member

kayat
    Ratings:
    +461 / 11 / -0
    Ade if we get a new striker
    Naughton because Walker and Yedlin are coming
    Kaboul maybe (Still don't know why he is our captain, and Ade is Vice Cap...= =)
    Brad can be sold to USA as our Ambassador;););)
  20. StripiestPilot Well-Known Member

StripiestPilot
    Ratings:
    +5,025 / 77 / -0
    Naughton, Paulinho and Capoue would be first on my list, they are simply not good enough.

Soldado and Chiriches could be sold, as long as we got a new striker and Walker recovers well.
  21. Ginola14 Well-Known Member

Ginola14
    Ratings:
    +597 / 4 / -0
    I would be happy for the following players to go (not all of them though):

Townsend (sell him while the stock is high), Naughton, Capoue, Holtby, Chiriches, Paulinho
  22. DragonSpur Active Member

DragonSpur
    Ratings:
    +455 / 5 / -0
    Ade, dembele, paulinho, kaboul, bae.
    the above 5 bring nothing to Spurs at the moment and can leave... from the rumours that have made the rounds, we'd probably end up with a better atmosphere if they all left.

Until Walker is match fit, I wouldn't let Naughton go. Firstly he hasnt been bad as RB, secondly, we have no indication of how long Yedlin will need to adapt and settle in.
  23. BrooklynYid Well-Known Member

BrooklynYid
    Ratings:
    +2,004 / 26 / -0
    There's several players who need to go, but we have to be careful not to turn the squad over too quickly ... again. This winter I'd try to move Capoue, Paulinho, and possibly Soldado if we get any takers. Selling Ade seems nuts unless we happen to be signing Benteke or something, which we likely won't.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,768 / 30 / -0
    Surplus to requirements:

Holtby - As good as gone it seems.
    Naughton - With Walker & Yedlin on their way and cover in Kaboul or Vlad for as long as they last, I think Kyles time has finally come. Fair play to the lad, just never managed to take that final step we needed.
    Kaboul - Simply no longer the player we want him to be. Assuming the captaincy nightmare is over already, I don't see his performance levels recovering as a mere bit part player... Common sense says Dier is better use of 'supporting' CB minutes at this point.
    BAE - Edit: Forgot him. Nuff said!

Buy (both first XI level):

CB - Need's to be of a level to challenge Fazz & Vert whilst Dier grows. If so, then Vlad should be made available too.
    ST - Fooked if I know what the future holds for Soldado & Adebayor respectively, but either can go IMO if it means getting the right guy. We desperately need a goalscorer before we mentally or physically break Harry Kane.

(As long as Poch exploits Chadli, Lennon, Lamela & Townsend on their natural sides more for some proper width, I think we can afford to look at any wing/wide forward issues in the summer.)

Finally, this is maybe the important part.... Keep Bentaleb & Mason and pleeeease rebuild the CM as per POCH's blueprint (i.e. not Levy's!!!) and fund with the sale of any/all of the following (preferably in this order):

Paulinho - Lackluster and, too often, anonymous. An expensive disappointment.
    Capoue - Sometimes shows himself to be a tidy player, but not enough fire or presence for the EPL given the position he plays.
    Dembele - A mystery... So skillfull, yet too often ineffective and slows us down more than most. it doesn't seem Poch has got much time for him either.
    Stambouli - Doesn't look too bad to me, but pointless purchase if Poch won't play him.

We've pissed away faaaar too much money on CMs. FFS, just get a guy(s) that can do whatever it is that this mystical bloody system demands!!!! :arrrrrghh:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. LyngbyBK Well-Known Member

LyngbyBK
    Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    out:

Paulinho, BAE (love him, but its time to go), Chirices (never had that much faith in him, prove me wrong as i like you!!!!)

I really want to get rid of Capoue as well, but he might end up being good cover for our midfield. If we sell him, we only have Dembele to replace one of our midfield position of one of Bentaleb and Mason gets injured. Besides, i haven't lost faith in Capoue as i believe he has everything to become a wolrd class defensive midfielder. He just need to change his mentality, and perhaps him getting out in the cold and getting fewer chances due to Bentaleb and Mason playing with all their heart and desire inspires him to do the same. But i would rather have us shipping him away and find an other addition to our midfield
  26. LyngbyBK Well-Known Member

LyngbyBK
    Ratings:
    +382 / 2 / -0
    forgot we had Stambouili, ship Capoue back to france haha
  27. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,386 / 61 / -0
    Paulinho is the obvious one to go if anybody would buy him. He looks like he has no future here.

Selling one of Lennon and Townsend still makes sense, just like it did in the Summer. Lennon is playing pretty well right now--this may be our last chance to get respectable money for him before he loses all his pace. Selling him would make the team a little bit worse this year though.

I'd be OK with selling one of Ade or Soldado, but not sure how many buyers are going to be interested in a couple of old, out-of-form strikers. I have more faith in Ade playing well again for Spurs than I do Soldado ever playing well for us.

EDIT: Soldado is the kind of guy the MLS should be interested in. A high-character individual who would bang them in left, right, and center in that league. If we could get 12 million pounds for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
  28. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    Lennon is playing well - and selling him would make our team worse, I agree with both of these points - BUT - you think it would be a good idea to sell him before he loses value? We are a Football Club not a hedge fund ffs! Let's sell Mason and Bentaleb before thty get older, in fact let's sell everybody before they lose their value.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. heathspur Active Member

heathspur
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Vlad
    Kaboul
    Paulinho
    Naughton
    BAE
    Adebayor
    cant say we would miss any of these players
    • Like Like x 1
  30. KTM87 Active Member

KTM87
    Ratings:
    +237 / 1 / -0
    Which London club will that be? Brentford?

Chelsea have courtois, we'd never sell to arsenal. So please tell me who you think we could sell lloris to?
    • Agree Agree x 1