'I really wish we'd sell...' Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by boo, Dec 6, 2014.

1. koppel Well-Known Member

koppel
    Ratings:
    +6,161 / 46 / -0
    Who would you realistically sign that are substantial upgrades to Rose and Walker? I saw you mentioned Jetro Willems but unless you're going by Football Manager I can only assume you're kidding. He was promising 3-4 years ago when he came on to the scene but hasn't improved at all and is a liability defensively. He's not better than van Aanholt who's struggling at Sunderland.

Chadli is not a starter, I agree, but he's a good player to have around. He grabbed plenty of goals last season and can play in quite a few positions. We can't have 22 starters in the squad.

As for Lamela.... I'm not his biggest fan compared to others on here (people who think he's better and more influential than Eriksen), but he's done well this season and is improving. Let's see where he is at the end of the season, but it's been promising so far this season. Townsend? Sure I would let him go. Same goes for Carroll and Fazio.
  2. Dancubus Well-Known Member

Dancubus
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 16 / -0
    An apparent loan deal that never happened says it all?

He has been consistently improving for a while now, has adapted really well to Poch's system, and is only 23. I can't see how you've ascertained that he's only "supposedly" going through a "good spell". Of course, anything can happen, but there's no evidence to suggest he'll fade out. So your argument is just guess work.

On the grander scheme of things, we have the youngest squad in the Premier League. With a manager who is only in his second season with the club, who's ideas are only just starting to be reflected on the pitch....

Current position our ceiling? Really?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    You don't know if Poch would have been happy for Lamela to be loaned out. I am assuming that you aren't Poch or his next of kin.

As someone with foot in mouth disease, let me tell you, if multiple people can't figure out what you mean, its because you explained it poorly.

Lastly, lots of us rate Lamela for what he is doing right now, not on his potential. He cues us on defense, believe it or not.
  4. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Best performance of the season v the Pikey boys on Sunday.
    Darling Erik sitting in the stands.
    Best place for him I reckon!
  5. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,769 / 30 / -0
    We get it already! :FFS:

...How about you just add "I don't rate Lamela" to your sig and spare us the rest?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cheesus Well-Known Member

Cheesus
    Ratings:
    +1,199 / 90 / -0
    Lol. What a nob.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Ah! noshbag, thought I might pull your chain with that one.
    Fact, as an attacking unit we were so much better with Lamela in the stands. Son, his replacement v Spam, did all the same defensive stuff as the Argentine does but also terrified their defence all match long.
    Dier, Alli & Eriksen are nailed on starters for us in midfield when their fit & I cant see any realistic argument against both Dembele & Son being the same too.
    Given the choice between Mason or Lamela replacing the banned Alli for Sundays show down with the Chavs Poch has to go with Ryan.
    We also have Onamah, Bentaleb & Pritchard in the wings too so I still maintain we should sell Lamela & put the fee & wages saved towards a decent striker to complement/back-up Kane.
  8. ghostyhed Active Member

ghostyhed
    Ratings:
    +571 / 8 / -0
    You are basing this on one game?
    I am not sure if you are baiting for replies, but i do not comprehend how the team has greatly improved its attack with Lamela on the bench.
    Lamela was MOTM against City (If he wasnt, was certainly one of the key players), he has contributed his fair share to the attack with some goals and assists.

We have enough of budget to get a back up for Kane, and even then, we do not need offload Lamela.
    Lastly, all the players above (Pritchard, Onamah) are still raw in the premier league, and if you think Bentaleb should play on the wing, then clearly i have wasted my time.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cheesus Well-Known Member

Cheesus
    Ratings:
    +1,199 / 90 / -0
    You are like 70 years old and using the term noshbag? I'm sure after all your life experience you have a more original term to use.

It was our best performance. But if anyone terrorised there defence it was Jenkinson, Tomkins, Cresswell and Noble.
    Alli gave the ball away a lot against wet spam. So did Son and Eriksen. The only one who didn't drop possession several times was are defence and Dembele and Dier. Difference is Lamela gets roasted and no one acknowledges the others. Judge everyone by the same process.

Your argument holds little validity defensively as if Lamela stays on against the scum ozilch doesn't deliver the cross to giroud. At the scum game we were equally as impressive going forward and if anything this only shows were heading in the right direction.

It's fine to dislike Lamela and I can see why people aren't fans. It's just more of an irritant when a sour old man continues to shit post over practically nothing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Aint baiting, just expressing my opinions. Isn't that what these forums are for?
    Lamela was MOTM v Citeh & defensively he was decent against Anal. I'm not questioning that but one great performance & a handful of ok ones in 2 & a half seasons isn't going to win me over mate.
    Last Sunday Son showed us exactly what we should be getting from whoever we play in one of those forward 3 positions, intense pressing & a high work rate coupled with a constant threat in the final 3rd. As hard as he works Lamela just doesn't deliver that.
    Re your last points, Yeah Onamah & Pritchard as well as Winks who I forgot to mention are young & raw but so were Bentaleb, Mason, Kane & Alli before we threw them in & persisted with them. Lamela just doesn't do enough for me to stop those guys from getting their chance.
    I'm not really sure how you class Lamela as a winger. I don't recall ever seeing him regularly hugging the line, beating FB's & constantly whipping on dangerous crosses.
    I might be classed as an old fart with different concepts on the beautiful game but isn't that what a winger is supposed to do?
    I wasn't holding up Bentaleb as a wide player but I believe him & the others I mentioned are more than capable of playing in that 'three' behind our CF.
    In the midfield area, particular attacking mid I feel we have more than enough strength in depth to off load Lamela.
    As I started with, right or wrong, shit or not, its just my opinion!
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,769 / 30 / -0
    The question remains, are you actually interested in expressing a point aside from your not rating Lamela?

He's improving drastically, you could choose to see that as a positive thing....? :roll:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    This thread is about who we'd like to see sold. All I've done is try to quantify why I think Lamela (& a few others) should be sold in the long term.
    I didn't realise that I had to have multiple opinions on this & that all the time to post on this site.
    I will attempt to keep you sweet & try to have an opinion on something else when I feel the need.
    Your right, Lamela has improved this season. I've never said he aint.
    The positive I see from that is that this might be the time to cash in & get some of our money back on him & strengthen else where.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,769 / 30 / -0
    Not talking about this thread in isolation.... He didn't even play in the fantastic performance against west ham game yet in your post (which amounted to prob 20 words max) in the match thread you still took the opportunity to have a dig.

Ultimately, yeh, do and say what you like, but being as gratuitous as you are it's unrealistic of you to expect people not to take exception.

Onwards... >>>>
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    The thing aboot forums is that by their very nature, there are always differences of options and, to be quite frank, I'm glad we don't always agree on everything. That would make for a really boring place to air opinion. If a point of view is expressed without blatant blastfamy, then these opinions should be welcomed, not criticised right?
    boo,
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. finchbee Well-Known Member

finchbee
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 66 / -0
    Nah you're wrong! It would be much better if we all just got along and played nicely! For a start the battery on my phone would last longer
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    They should be both welcomed and criticized (at least criticized in a civil discussion). Just my opinion.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    Bollox my old mucker, total bollox. See what I did there? Are you saying that if someone has an opinion that someone else is talking total gonads then they should not criticise but welcome the drivel? That surely means that the opinion of the person who thought the opinion of the other bloke was pony would be worth less than the opinion of the first bloke - who in case you forgot was the numpty who posted his opinion, the bloke who you are saying should not be criticised.

Some folks don't like it when they are called numptys, usually by me, but if that is my opinion of them - and according to what you are saying then surely that should be welcomed, because it is my opinion. They have an opinion that they post, I have an opinion on their opinion that I also post, then they go all mad crazy mental and whinge like little girls because I have been naughty and said bad words to them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    Blatant blastfamy covers a wide range of content which should include, but not be exclusive to, numptyism and the like.
    boo,
  19. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +922 / 9 / -0
    Is numptyism a disease?? Is it contagious???

Don't wanna contract it so close to Christmas!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    Depends if you're a so called 'superfan'. If you've seen us relegate and continued to support us in the second division, you're immune from the disease, otherwise... watch out.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Ha ha... you'll be fine Glen......you've got have certain personality traits to catch it. Enjoy your Christmas and New Year.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +922 / 9 / -0
    And you chief. Merry Christmas!
  23. Glenjamin Well-Known Member

Glenjamin
    Ratings:
    +922 / 9 / -0
    I'm a self-professed superfan.
  24. Maslas Well-Known Member

Maslas
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 27 / -0
    That's the only kind in existence...
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member

The Cryptkeeper
    Ratings:
    +2,549 / 10 / -0
    How are you feeling about Lamela's season now you dipshit?
  26. boo Well-Known Member

boo
    Ratings:
    +7,475 / 47 / -0
    mate, some of your aggression over the past few weeks is appalling! Tame it down eh?
    boo,
  27. The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member

The Cryptkeeper
    Ratings:
    +2,549 / 10 / -0
    Good enough mate, but to be fair I rarely start it.
    The guy whom I quoted fired the first salvo, which was allowed to go through to the keeper (by and large).

And I was particularly aggresive to the guy who claimed that hundreds of millions of muslims were coming to kill us all. Yes, I was quite angry with that piece of propaganda and the guy who decided to play scaremonger.

Now I am on my first day back at work after a month off....so yes, still quite angry I am afraid.
  28. kawa Well-Known Member

kawa
    Ratings:
    +697 / 34 / -0
    This is a bit of an old post, but I don't think you can really say who should be sold in the long-term. I'm sure even Poch would tell you he doesn't know that.

Players are human beings, just like you. You can learn things and get better at things, right? So can they. Lamela was always very technically gifted (remember that rabona? that was in 2014), but he was a bit of a lightweight for the PL. It's how he's improved that's just so impressing: he's made that jump and become more physical, which many players struggle with. He's now using his strength to keep the ball, muscle opponents out, etc - he's making up for lots of the critical holes in his game. How can you say what he'll be like as this season goes on, or next season? I would lay money that nobody on here predicted the transformation we have already seen in him this season.

As for this whole 'prepared to loan' business, that doesn't mean anything. He wouldn't get loaned out today. Poch was also prepared to loan out Dele Alli this season, but, like Lamela, his performances have made him important to the team.
    kawa,
  29. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    I like Lamela. He has that edge and gives us different options. Not to be sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    It has to be Fazio right, the rest of our squad is getting used by Poch, but Fazio being here seems completely pointless atm.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1