'I really wish we'd sign...' Thread (Realistic or not)

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Wildstar, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    I think you've got to have Milinkovic-Savic on the list. If we spent everything we had on Savic and left it at that I'd be a happy camper. He's like Dier and Eriksen and Kane all rolled into one. We should be looking for players who can potentially be our POTY and he is. And he fills our weakest position.
  2. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Yep, he's on my list mate, I'd love for us to go get him.
    He certainly looks the real deal playing in Serie A but with him being valued at over E85m he's probably to expensive for us tbh . I think fee & wages wise we'd have a much better chance of getting either Kovacic or Cebellos out of RM.
    From my list though the one I would really like is Saul. He's a fantastic player. The complete CM IMO. he plays DM, he plays AM, He plays b2b, he can play wide & he plays all those positions brilliantly. The problem though is that just like Sergej M-S he'd cost an arm & a leg.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  3. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    He seems to be currently the most highly rated, or maybe most sort after, CM in the world, but to to be honest, I just don't see it. I'm not even sure he's good enough to be a regular in a CL Prem team, yet Madrid and UTD etc are all being linked with him and prices like £100+ are being mentioned. I just think he looks a bit cumbersome at times and the frenetic pace of Premier League football might not suite him.
  4. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    @ mr whitey.
    Yeah, sort of know what u mean mate. He looks quality in Italian football but your right, the PL is a whole different ball game altogether.
    Lets not forget Erik Lamela scored shit loads of goals at Roma but hasn't been able to bring that to England.
    That said I do think Sergej would do well here. He's a physical beast of a player & technically he's top quality. I think the way he plays would see him thrive over here tbh.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    I respect your eye for young players, so what you say gives me pause. Still he ticks a lot of boxes with me. He's got that great size, which can't be taught or made up for, and still graceful. A rare combo. And I don't see the cumbersome part. Also very two footed, that's just as rare. Anyway, whoever it is, I'd like to see us go for quality and not quantity this time around. We don't need to upgrade all of our positions.
  6. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I definitely being brave with this one, as I'm aware everyone else thinks he's top class. But when I watch him, I sometimes think he lacks a bit of zip to his game and isn't always great at moving the ball quickly and I think it's due to his size. My honest appraisal of him as that he's a mid table Frank Lampard.

Whilst I'm at it, I might as well list a few other big names I wouldn't want us to sign. Higuain, Icardi, Goretzka and most controversially, Griezmann.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,792 / 49 / -0
    We can offer various types of player who would maintain our level, but what this club needs is a player who will undoubtedly take us to the next level, so that has to be a Gareth Bale or similar, to make the difference between winning trophies or being a nearly club.
  8. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Curious to know the reasons behind Icardi? I can see some drawbacks in all the rest but not really him.
  9. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Hiquain would be a huge money loser and Griezman too. Savic will be worth more in four years, whatever he costs. As for being slow, no slower than Dembele but has the pass that Dembele doesn't. Still, not saying I know he's class. I don't see that much of him.
  10. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I don't really mean slow once he's got going, but that his feet aren't the quickest and he can be slow off the mark. Dembele has incredibly quick feet, so is great at getting out of tangles. I can see Savic potentially getting caught on the ball too much in the Prem. I'll probably be totally wrong. I said Suarez was a poor mans Berbatov.
  11. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I don't like box strikers in the Prem, unless they are very fast or big and strong. I think it's largely because teams don't play so deep here, so often strikers are running onto the ball, so to score lots in the Prem that has to be part of your game and I don't see that in Icardi. I'm not sure if Icardi scored a single goal this season when his first touch was outside the box. Kane scored about 10 like that. Also, I think these days every striker has to have an all round game to play in a top Prem team. Icardi just doesn't link play up enough, tackle enough or win enough in the air. I just think we'd end up paying a fortune for a player who wouldn't bring enough to the team and I could see him struggling to score that many.
  12. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    I don't know. He reminds me of Kane quite a bit. If we wanted another striker to play a similar style with when Kane isn't available I don't see many more suited than Icardi. Great all around finisher who gets his shots off early like Kane. Think he has the physicality to survive in the prem too.
  13. callidus Member

callidus
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Get Erling Braut Håland before manutd get him. His dad (alfie håland) was leeds and city, so should be receptive to go somewhere else than them. He is an absolute monster. Has now played 127 mins of top flight norwegian football and has 6 goals and one assist. At 17.

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
  14. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Surly there is some bad blood still simmering between Utd and the Halands lol
  15. DragonSpur Well-Known Member

DragonSpur
    Ratings:
    +464 / 5 / -0
    I'd like to see us go for Andre Silva from AC Milan. He's available for around 30M.
    Currently being linked with Wolves.
    I know he had a bad 1st season in Italy, but then look at the AC Milan team, noone had a good season.
    He was exceptional the 2 previous seasons for FC Porto and the national side.
    Most of the FC Porto fans are still pissed at the sale of A Silva and R Neves
  16. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    I think benardo silva won the battle of the silvas. He's the one I wish we had.
  17. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -0
    Grealish & maybe a CB to replace Toby, that’s the only business I see us doing in this window
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -0
    N’dombele, Kovacic, and Grealish would be a really really nice window
  19. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    If Toby stays I hope we spend it all on Kovacic
  20. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -0
    I hope we wouldn’t have to spend it ALL on him. I’m sure he will be quite expensive, but I would like us to get another central player as well. I can see kovacic playing a little bit of both roles between eriksen and dembele. He has the ability to carry the ball while still being creative in the final third.

A midfield depth of: Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Kovacic, and N’dombele would be very strong I think with players with different strengths and qualities in that group.
  21. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Unfortunately I didn’t have time (someone has to work... :mad: ) to watch a whole ton of the World Cup.
    With that said, how was kovacic?
  22. WiscoSpursFan Active Member

WiscoSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -0
    Only started one match. Had an assist and was just okay really but obviously hard to show a ton of quality in less time.

I wouldn’t say I’m an expert on him, but I’ve watched him with Madrid several times, and I really like the qualities he has and his overall style of play.
  23. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    He’s the perfect player for us.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    22 days, including today, remaining of this transfer window then it shuts forever, never to open again....23 days until the big kick off for the new 2018/19 season...tick tick tick.....
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  25. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    I mean if you think about it, wouldn't you be bored on deadline day if we got all our business done early? We should probably thank Levy o_O
  26. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    I’m good with being bored this summer, just to see what it’s like...;)
  27. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    Yeah, he's a laugh-a-minute kind of guy.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  28. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Malcom is already being linked with a move away from Barca. He's got this terrible habit of giving the ball away when making simple short passes and he also miss controls the ball in dangerous areas, but he's got a low center of gravity, good acceleration and his surprisingly he's a brilliant striker of the ball. His crossing, set pieces and shooting are more what you'd expect to see from a top play maker, rather than a fast, little dribbler. I think he's got the potential to be something special. Of course he could easily not iron out his deficits and stagnate as most players do. HE's the kind of player that I really like the idea of taking a punt on as the possible upside is so great. I'd say he's the opposite of someone like Ryan Sessegnon, who is a safe bet to have a good Prem career, but just doesn't have the potential to be a special player. Malcom could flop, but he's clearly got a few attributes that could see him go on to be one of the best in Europe. I could see him as a 20 goals + per season player in the Prem if he develops over the next couple of years.
  29. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    The only problem that I have with him is that we are already strong up front. Not that we couldn't use some one better. That's always true. But a good CM would have more impact.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    What do y'all think about the Ake rumors?