Idea.

Discussion in 'Recommendations and comments' started by P UNIT 1980, Nov 27, 2010.

1. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,177 / 38 / -1
    I have been thinking for a hwile that it would be good to have a side bar on the main page with the Prem and CL tables.

Even on the unread posts page.

Dunno how we could do that though.
  2. Seajay Well-Known Member

Seajay
    Ratings:
    +993 / 0 / -0
    You seriously expect us to believe that Unit?
  3. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,177 / 38 / -1
    Twaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, lol!!!
  4. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,475 / 9 / -0
    I would like that , And we've had it on the main site before , however the site got shut down because of it for a as you can see by my post here :

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/players-lounge/1306-site-down.html

Basically the FA hold the Copyright to display tables and fixtures and you have to pay to have them on your site , Not the cheapest of things either as you can imagine.

Those forums that do have this type of thing are only getting away with it because they havent been caught yet and they are not as visible in the search engines as we are . Making us an easy target.
  5. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    so basically if I put a table written by me for example into my own homepage they will charge me or what ? lol

or is it just when I have their logo copied with their original table from the page?

If thats so we could just write up our own table not copy it from the premier league make our own logo and just edit the scores etc manually or copy the table from other homepages who
    have written them in their style without a logo or something?
  6. River Founder Founder

River
    Ratings:
    +4,475 / 9 / -0
    Na , if you replicate the table so the standings are identical to the table standings and is updated to match the standings every game then the FA will request your server gets close on Copyright issues, of which your host will fold completely at the first sign on legal action. So if you are using it as a feature then its beach of copyright . Members talking about it on a forum isnt as bad because the table wont be updated it will just be a static bit of info which will quickly become out of date etc