IRELAND v CROATIA 10/08/2011

Discussion in 'International' started by BrumSpur, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    Well, even if the England game HADN'T been cancelled, I'd still be watching this one tomorrow (on Sky Sports 3).

Four of our players will be involved. Charlie might even be marking Robbie Keane! :eek:11:

The Croatia squad met up in Dublin, yesterday. Unfortunately, their planned evening training session had to be cancelled, as all their kit & equipment didn't make it on to the flight over & was stuck in Frankfurt!

But, to lighten the boredom, Slaven Bilić had the right idea. He took his squad to the Guinness Museum!! :001_302:

http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/foto--veselo-u-dublinu-stozer-i-reprezentativci-se-okrijepili-u-guinnessovom-muzeju/565584.aspx

And Messrs Ćorluka, Modrić & Kranjčar (the latter of whom tried very hard to hide, but I spotted you, Niko!) made sure they got a taste of 'the black stuff' (see No. 3 of the picture sequence).
    • Like Like x 2
  2. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    I expect us to dominate the game but it won't be easy against Ireland, they are very strong when they play at home. I would be satisfied with a draw and a good game. My prediction is 2-2. Kranjcar, Mandzukic/ Keane, Doyle.

EDIT: [MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION] is Mcgeady injured??? Just took a look at his stats, i can't believe he only scored one goal for Ireland. This is actually one of my favourite football vids : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzqW5I8Lis4 made by a croat ;) yeah, we Croats all support Celtic ;)
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  3. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion Crocop, McGeady is all style and no substance. No end product. He may, run your Right back into the ground but he will very likely trip over himself or run it out of play. Lots of ability but nothing really to fear. I would have said watch out for Coleman but he is out now as well. Long will drive you mad, he will chase everything. Doyle is out too. We're going down Crocop, I mean.. You're going down. lol
  4. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    To Arthur!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    We also have a few problems, we never managed to replace Niko Kovac after the EURO 2008, he was so important to us. We have some good players and a few promising youngsters but our coach Bilic is the worst coach we ever had. I hope it will be a good game but since you have so many injured players and we are not in a great form i guess it will be a boring 0-0 or 1-1.
  6. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    Pray that Paul McShite starts at the back for us. If he does Niko will score a hat-trick. Do you lot not like Bilic? I thought he was quite well regarded over there. Is he Croatia's Steve Staunton? haha
  7. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    He is friends with all the players, they don't respect him as a coach. We have a great coach in Zlatko Kranjcar(Niko's dad) who coaches Montenegro and may finish 1st in the England group. Montenegro has a population of 500.000 only but still they are competing with England for 1st place, unbelievable. How is Ireland doing in the qualifiers???
  8. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    Not fantastic to be honest. Grinding out results. Russia gave us a spanking at home which we really had to win if we wanted to prove our worth. To be honest we have to many players who don't really fancy being there at all. James McCarthy is one of our best prospects and he doesn't turn up for international duty. And Trap plays the Italian way if you know what I mean. A few flare players coming through who have plenty of potential but he only wants to score and sit back and defend.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Enfield_spurs Well-Known Member

Enfield_spurs
    Ratings:
    +765 / 0 / -0
    Did I mention I changed my name to Patrick? Just for tomorrow.

Come on Ireland
  10. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    Did I mention that I kept my name, Patrick, for tomorrow? lol
    • Like Like x 1
  11. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Same with us. Players don't have any pride when they play for Croatia, we were much better right after the war ended cuz then players really played with passion and gave their best. Now it's just a bunch of wannabe stars where everyone plays for himself and not for the team. Trap's glory days as coach are over, i really don't understand why your football assosiation chose him to be your coach.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  12. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    We do, its just Crocop, Location: Vienna

Best coach we had in a while, not some drunktard that favors his overweight, out of shape son and drops out of wc2006 with a 2:3 gd in a group with Australia and Japan lol.
    Not to mention he didnt want Eduardo in the squad for WC.
    klpt,
  13. The Sundance Yid Well-Known Member

The Sundance Yid
    Ratings:
    +976 / 0 / -0
    Because our Association chairman is a cock to be honest. He is the most incompetent fool to ever grace football. He also hired Steve Staunton. A big name was all he wanted.
  14. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    well most don't support Bilic anymore but i guess you are from Dalmatia like Bilic so you like him. We played a much better and more beautiful football under Kranjcar, now we loose against Georgia :p And at least kranjcar qualified for the WC, Bilic didn't even qualify for the last EURO and now we are 2nd behind Greece, really embarassing.
  15. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Damn! Didn't know you have similar problems like us. Our corrupted Association chairman is also a huuuuge incompetent dick!
  16. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

Im not from Dalmatia, quite opposite.
    Most dont support Bilic ? So you read what papers say after 1 loss and concluded that ? or you talked to 3 of your Croatian friends that live in Austria ? We played Niko 90mins everygame under Kranjcar, says enough.
    Not even gonna go into qualifying bs you posted since we qualified for the last euro as 1st in group.
    klpt,
  17. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    i meant WC qualification of course. 1 loss??? tell me what are our 2 biggest defeats in history?? EXACTLY! The two losses to England! Thank you Mr. Bilic for embarissing our football. Did we loose a home game in 18 years before Bilic? NO! Wasn't Kranjcar our best player in the qualification so far? Yes he was! You cannot honestly think that someone who is coaching Montenegro and competing with England for 1st place is a bad coach. Crazy fella!
  18. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    tomorrow Germany - Brasil also! Germany are favourites imo. Goetze from Dortmund playing in their first XI.
  19. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Losing to England alone is nothing to be ashemed of, losing to England without 2 of our best players (modric and eduardo) is ...

Im talking about kranjcar 2004-2006, when he was absolute trash, cant you read ?

You havent been following Croatia for long have you ? Since Bilic did that 2 qualifying cycles in a row now, the bad coach he is. But then again Mastermind Zlatko is keeping up after 4 or whatever games in qualy stages, ****in boss.

Get a clue.
    klpt,
  20. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,815 / 33 / -0
    You lot will smash us,we've no one available because it's a fooling stupid time for a friendly , fingers crossed they all got lamped on the drink lol
  21. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,742 / 3 / -0
    [MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION]

The Croatians are staying at the Radison SAS St Helens in Blackrock, if you want to pay them a visit, Ire!

Go and tell Luka to stay ... and give Niko my number, while you're at it! :y5:
  22. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    So??? Didn't Kranjcar score the important winner against Bulgaria?? He totally deserved to be in our team, noone questioned that(except you i guess). No it's not a shame to loose 1-4 and 1-5?! LOL!!! I follow every game of Croatia, just becuase i study in Austria doen't mean i don't follow croatian games. Now let's stop this stupid discussion cuz it's becoming nothing else than a spam
    [MENTION=2453]thfcire[/MENTION] mate we are not in a good form either, many important players don't play in their clubs or just came back from injuries. Also we are only 2nd in our qualifying group behind Greece. I guess it will be a horrible game that's gonna end 0-0.
  23. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    what are you talking about ? half the country questioned it. he was fat, slow and shit in general. i dunno why i even argue with you, you got no clue what ur talking about.

edit: http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Kranjčar

National team part, hope you can read Croatian.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    klpt,
  24. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    I actually have a diploma in croatian language but i won't continue with your way of arguing, i will be polite. But obvioulsy you cannot read very well cuz it says that coach Baric called him up a few months before he made his debut under his father as coach. So your argument that he was called up just because of his father is worthless. Secondly he was one of the best players in the croatian league and the captain of our best club Dinamo Zagreb. Of course he deserved to play as one of the best players in the league, we are not Brasil that we can afford not to invite players like Kranjcar(even when he was "fat", still he was the best player in the league). You can answer but i won't reply, this is totally OFF TOPIC!
    • Like Like x 1
  25. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My way of arguing is obviously calling someone a Crazy fella of the bat, coz he didnt agree with me.

I never said kranjcar was introduced to Croatian A team by his father, ive said he was picked every game by his dad while being Croatia coach even tho he didnt deserve it. Quit making stuff up and L2read. Also he wasnt captain of Dinamo Zagreb, he played for Hajduk Split at the time since he was oh so good that he got sold to Dinamo's archrivals. Somehow as always u totally miss the point of my post. You dont have to reply, u make no sense at all and u keep making a fool of yourself.
    klpt,
  26. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Ok i have to reply to this. Calling someona "crazy fella" is not that harsh you SENSITIVE croatian! Niko Kranjcar moved to Split in the 2004, 2005 season so when he was called up by Baric (February 2004) he was playing for Dinamo and when he was playing for Hajduk Spilt he was by far their best players wasn't he???' WASN'T HE!!!!!!!!!!???? Wasn't he loved by absolutely everyone in Split?!!! So maybe YOU should stop embaressing yourself. SO ****ING SENSITIVE, 80 % of croatians are like that, i wrote you let's both be polite but no, you must continue calling me an idiot who doesn't know how to read although you obviously missed some important informations!!! I ****ing hate my arrogant stupid countrymen!!! [MENTION=2]RiverWire[/MENTION] sorry for cursing mate, i couldn't help myself
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for not stooping down to his level by insulting him back [MENTION=6924]crocop[/MENTION] :001_005:

Could we go back to discussing the Ireland v Croatia game tonight please :302:?

[MENTION=5260]Rev John Ripsher[/MENTION] - FYI.....
    • Like Like x 2
  28. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    yeah mate, i wrote to him that we should stop that cuz it's totally off topic but he had to continue. Typicall croatian :302: I am actually more excited about some other games, especially Germany-Brasil, should be a fantastic game!
    • Like Like x 1
  29. crocop Well-Known Member

crocop
    Ratings:
    +531 / 0 / -0
    Trap: "Robbie is an important player to us. Especially in our upcoming games."

Slaven Bilic: "Ireland is always a tough opponent. Especially now. They have beaten Italy two months ago. The result will depend on the number of substituts made, i want to test as many players as possible cuz this is my last chance to do so."
  30. klpt New Member

klpt
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    He was hardly Dinamo's best player, he didnt even play much in the last few months since being overweight. After a few months at Hajduk he became their best player, still overweight and slow but their best player. Being loved in Split? He was loved bcoz he came from their archrivals Dinamo, being Dinamo's youth and all. You know, posting in caps doesnt make you right, stop raging.

Dude, the only reason i posted here is your generalisaton how Croatians dont support Bilic anymore, and how he's our worst coach ever, glorifing Zlatko Kranjcar in the process. Which is not true, by a mile.
    I never called you an idiot, just pointed out that your knowlage about our league and our national team is poor. Saying that im missing important informations is a joke.

1) U figured Bilic didnt qualify for Euros :)
    2) Then u start rambling how Kranjcar was/is our best player in this qualification cycle?? I do agree, but what are you on about ? I point that out to you and you completly ignore that and start with 3)
    3) How noone questioned him being in Cro NT for WC2006 besides me, i link you Niko Kranj u ignore that and instead talk how well educated you are, and how Baric got him in the NT in the 1st place, once again ur right about Baric getting him into NT, but what are you talking about ? Did i say someone else did or what ?
    4) and now ur just doing yourself in, WC2006 qualifiers started in late March/April 2005 if im not mistaken, he was a Hajduk Split player, NOT Dinamo Zagreb Captain/player. In those qualifiers the coach was his father Zlatko who played him everygame for 90mins including WC2006, and both failed miserably.
    5) Kranjcar win % while Cro NT coach = 44%, Bilic = 70%, we good ?

Its funny how you talk about going offtopic, tell me to stop and bash me and my opinions in the procces ... i mean do you really think one wouldnt reply to you after that ?... Now take your time, reread the whole thread if u have to and get your shit together.

I appologize for going OT.
    pce
    klpt,
    • Like Like x 1