ITK Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by Spurs4life93, Jan 28, 2010.

1. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: Ali Z
    Where: COYS
    When: 8th August

All i Know is that we are relaxed about Dembele, happy if he stays will nurse him through as many games as we can BUT he refused an offer from Inter, has an offer from Japan he has not accepted, don't know of any bid from PL club, which don't mean there isn't one, the player himself wants a big payday ( last contract) and knows he can't play a full season.

As an aside the only CM i have heard us linked with are Kovacic, Cellabios and Ndombele , first 2 are seen as preferred options. I am told no Zaha or Martial and Toby likely to go.
  2. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Where: SC
    When: 8/8/2018
    Who: trix

Text received:........

It's amazing how every club has demanded super high prices for their players this summer(imo based on what Liverpool have laid out) yet with two days to go they know that Premier league cash is still king. The number of players being shopped around by their agents today is incredible. It's not just the buying clubs that are now getting desperate

Followed up by........

Yeah, I'm sure there are at least a couple that are of significant interest to your lot. upload_2018-8-8_9-11-57.gif

.........................................................................................................

Nothing concrete there but reasons for some of you miserable twats, not to be lugging the extension lead and the toaster up to the bathroom just yet.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: Hercules
    When: 8th August 2018

(in response to Sky Sports News claiming Aston Villa's directors have said Grealish not for sale)

I am told FWIW, Sky premature. They haven’t closed the door. The price is ridiculous-35m
  4. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: Grey Fox

Grealish kicking off with Villa now, apparently was promised he could go if 25m bid came in.
    Just one more thing while I'm here, we didn't buy him earlier because the new owners during negotiations to buy the club insisted, so please stop bleating on about "we should have bought him weeks ago" ffs
  5. HenryHotspur Well-Known Member

HenryHotspur
    Ratings:
    +433 / 17 / -0
    £35m for Grealish is ridonculous...£25m i can just about get onboard with, but again as a prospect. He isn't anywhere near the quality of our starting XI yet. If Poch wants him and thinks he can develop him though, maybe one day he will be
  6. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    But then how much would he cost?
    My opinion is that if hes Pochs no.1 target surely we should back him?

Not arguing as i see your point.
  7. HenryHotspur Well-Known Member

HenryHotspur
    Ratings:
    +433 / 17 / -0
    Point taken, if he's Poch's no.1 and he's pushing you pay what is asked, end of. I just somehow doubt it and feel it is more of a Levy & the transfer committee type of deal, albeit Poch is on board.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0

Jack Grealish, as correctly stated by GF. has gone absolutely ballistic! The owners have gone back on their word! He is livid!!!

We have said if deal not done now, we will not deal again. He is massively pissed

He has made his feelings known to Steve Bruce. Clubs can’t treat players like slaves
  9. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: trix

Replying to how we never buy more than one player on deadline day

Indeed but there has never been a window quite like this one. F*ck knows how it will turn out, but we are definitely pushing for players.
  10. HenryHotspur Well-Known Member

HenryHotspur
    Ratings:
    +433 / 17 / -0
    Pretty well paid slaves mind you....who sign nice long contracts offering them security. They can't have it both ways!
  11. HenryHotspur Well-Known Member

HenryHotspur
    Ratings:
    +433 / 17 / -0
    A mate has told me we are in for Lewandowski. He said we are in Pole position.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: Trix

I'd also add it's not just the buying clubs hitting panic mode there are clubs that desperately need to sell or risk FFP violations. They have a bit more time to do so abroad but as I posted earlier, Premier league cash is king and the best way to maximise what they can get for players is to sell to PL clubs. This applies to teams from all over Europe fwiw.
  13. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +3,087 / 124 / -0
    Forget these amateurs;) listen to Why do we bother? Because my “sources” told me tonight that.....
    Toby and Martial will be involved in a swap deal, with “no” money changing hands, the only reason this deal hasn’t went through already is for 2 reasons, 1- Martials agent was keeping options open for a better financial package which hasn’t bared fruit, tho the players 1st choice was always Spurs and now it has been accepted by all parties, 2-Levy held firm (can’t believe I’m saying that) with Utd, who value Martial at 70m and Toby at 50m, Utd cracked!!

Ryan Sessegnon is a done deal, a deal which will end up around 60m. Hold up was, Fulham wanting 2 players and a sell on clause, that percentage has now been agreed and the 2 players are Dembele and Foyth, again no cash changing hands!!

Cash will change hands however in the CM department, we kept our powder dry for this one, Kovacic was a target and all effort was made, but Chelsea had the ace up their sleeve, and considering he is only on loan showed Madrid’s reluctantly to sell outright at this point. We are watching Paul Pogbas situation and will go in late for Denis Suárez!!

Still looking to buy a striker, all hinging on Jansen sorting out his future and Llorente, who was initially offered to Fulham, Stoke are showing a late interest!!

One of our Goalkeepers may leave!!

Rose will leave!!

Most in Loan will remain on loan!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. AJ201 Well-Known Member

AJ201
    Ratings:
    +917 / 25 / -0
    Yup they can always retire and go and do something else with their lives if they hate it that much.
  15. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    Slaves?
  16. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: The Goat
    When: Deadline Day

The Goat hears that we will make one last bid for Grealish take it or leave it offer which will be above the 25m we were told they would accept.
    If not will move on for good.........

The Goat also hears that we expect 2 in today with up to 4 out
  17. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    4 hours later

JG door closed from text I received
  18. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0

Loans anyone? With obligation to buy?

Touch & go, due to timeline. That is message I received. I know couple of the players I think they are, and shared that privately.
  19. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -0
    Is this the same Hercules that tried telling Jack Grealish’s brother he knew more about the transfer than his own Brother
  20. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    That’s a parody account
    • Like Like x 1
  21. jrg83 Well-Known Member

jrg83
    Ratings:
    +4,095 / 12 / -0
    EXCLUSIVE PHOTO FROM THIS YEARS ITK CONVENTION

[​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: The Goat

You know things are getting desperate when we’re trying to hijack a West Ham signing *sigh*
  23. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0

We had agreement with Gomes, but did not action, as we had other options. It is upto the player I believe. Don’t bank on it happening. Couple of others being offered to us as we speak. I wouldn’t call them brilliant signings, but more meh. Decent signings (if we progressed). About the price to take such risks. Looking in 15m range for players in mind.
    Gomes is the player referred to above
  24. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Should we waste £15M on players who aren't number one targets, seems like a waste of money, personally I'd rather not sign anyone than just to get people in for the sake of it.

Spurs have not let us down, Poch has not let us down, this is down to Levy lying by saying he'd back Poch and not following through, we all know Poch wanted signings in early but Levy being Levy wanted to wait and try get bargains, in fairness sometimes it works out but that's not the point, Poch signed a new contract with the promise of "being brave" and being backed but this has not happened.

I understand this might be me just rambling nonsense and people wont agree with me but I'm just letting some anger out.
  25. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    When did Levy publicly come out and say anything about buying players?

Where’s this interpretation of being brave that Poch meant? How do you know it meant buying players?

Nothing you just wrote is known publicly, and it’s all based on assumptions by fans
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    That's fair enough, I just thought by Poch's comment just before signing a new contract it was implied he was being backed.
    I can't believe JG was our only real target to go in for properly.
    It's probably my frustration coming out more than anything mate, just needed an outlet is all.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Who: Herc

Beyond a miracle, do not expect anything. That is what I am hearing from more than 2 of my connects ......Legless
  28. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    Poch literally said that in the presser. Apparently this guys source is every media outlet in the free world.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Seriously? with only 45 minuets to go about 98% of people could of told us this.

Can we still sign players on loan after 5pm today?
  30. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    No loans after 5
    • Informative Informative x 1