ITK Thread

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by spursman18, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Yes, its that time of the year again for the thread to start since there has been a few threads with ITK in them so this will be the official thread for every piece of ITK this coming summer.

However, this time around its going to be a bit different. Instead of posting ITK and discussing it all in 1 thread we will have this thread for only posting ITK (with mods able to post the news in here/a few posters). This in turn will make it easier to keep track of for those who dont want to post but only view the ITK news. If you have come across some ITK or want to post it feel free to message myself or any other mod who is available and we will put it in the thread.

We will have separate discussion threads since Riv has now gone ahead and created and ITK section on the forum.

Words from the gaffa:

"The section is a speculation based section which is from people who think they have some juicy info, hence the so called "in the know" .

This is a polite "suggestion" , if you do not agree with ITK threads , posts or anything else ITK related them purely ignore it and refrain from posting in this section, this section is designed to tidy up the rest of the forum and contain it in one section for those that like to read the news, like to have that little bit of hope in their life and generally feel good that some of these big names want to come to our little club.

Forum rules still apply, remember that debate is great, but debates have no need , nor any room for direct insults at other members no matter how much bullshit you think they are talking."
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 5
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Pulled up some of his quotes from different threads

From Archibald on Spurs Odyssey

Another poster- What about Redknapp Archie, will we have him for one more year for certain?

Archibald

"I posted earlier... Im sure we will as Levy will want the pay out from England if they come from him...

To be fair it would be suicide for Levy to get rid anyway as he is the first manager to get us into the Champions league and Harry is loved by the media....

Next season i reckon will be the last either way"

His comments about our keeper situation and possible comings and goings

"Green is the one... with Lewis back up

we may let all three keepers go in summer"
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Waddlesgod on Spurs Odyssey

"waddlesgod

Been told the relationship is strained. Harry's been taking a pop at Levy behind his back about things, especially about the way Levy conducted business in January, and Levy ain't happy about it. Harry wasn't happy it got down to last few hours and we're suddenly bidding for Adams & Dembele.

Harry's got a £5m buy-out clause, plus his wages for every year left, so were Capello to walk tomorrow, Harry would cost the FA nearly £12m to buy him out now. Obviously FA can't afford this but it's Levy's negotiations starting point. No matter how strained the relationship gets between the two men, Levy is unlikely to walk away from a pay-day from the FA.

Now the other thing being mentioned is that Levy will go european with his next coach, which amazes me given his dabble with Juande but he believes Juande's lack of English was completely to blame. The Porto coach who is blazing a trail at the moment is currently the 'hot' coach out there with Inter Milan being heavily linked. He speaks perfect English and Levy is thought to not want to miss out on this guy like he did with Mourinho. Certainly the english coaching staff think he'll not employ from within.

And there is a feeling from within that Bale and Gallas could have played against Wigan but were saving themselves for Madrid.

And on another note, Liverpool are 'very' confident of signing Ashley Young in the summer.

Just passing this on."
  4. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Louisg on Spurs Odyssey

"Louisg

A little info from a guy I meet who knows Tom Huddlestone.

It's not much but here goes.

The squad were pissed off with how Harry dealt with the Lennon incident just before the Real Madrid game. But there all behind Harry and are quite frightened of him.

Harry tells some players in training that there going to get a game and then doesn't pick them on match days. I assume this is Kranjcar.

Harry has said to Lennon that he has to play VDV, that's why Lennon has been dropped on the right, when we play 2 upfront.

Apparently Tom is always threatening to leave, but he just says that and loves playing at spurs.

The reason why Tom didn't celebrate after scoring the wonder goal against Arsenal was because he heard what the crowd were saying/booing when he kept miss hitting passes before the goal.

He said Tom is just a whinger and always moans.

I can verify to a mod my source but like I say it's not much really and take it how you will."
  5. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    ITK from our own perstrame

"I read in one of the ITK's you posted that Liverpool are confident of signing Ashley Young. But my hairdresser (and good mate) knows a die hard Chelsea fan who has heavy links within the club and others and he reckons that Young to Man Utd is a done deal. Can;t remember the transfer fee cos he told me a few weeks back but it was in the region of 25 million."
  6. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    From Roger Morgan on Spurs Odyssey

"Another Target"

"Phil Jones of Blackburn. No more info as yet."

[MENTION=5232]BlueCrew LA[/MENTION] "yippeee"
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  7. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    From Archibald on Spurs Odyssey

"Bored of the will he wont he threads...

to set the record straight....

UNLESS THEY HAND IN TRANSFER REQUESTS THEY ARENT GOING!

Not for £40m/£50m....

They will all be here next season unless they are tapped up and offered something pathetic to make them want to leave but they are sensible head screwed on non prima donnas(sorry MS) wh oall oveit at our club and wanna give it another crack next year "

"Thanks Arch. I trust the players want to give us one more season, it's the likes of SAF and their meddling ways I don't trust.

Archibald-----"im almost 100% Bale and luka will be here.. VDV 90%"
    • Like Like x 2
  8. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    From Spursod- who runs the Spurs Odyssey site

in regards to the Lennon news today about him potentially being sold for 15 million.

"This does not surprise me and should not surprise anyone.

It ties in with information I was given last Autumn to the effect that we would sign Pienaar and sell Lennon for loads of money"
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Who: Mattyspurs
    Where: SC
    When: 6th May 2011

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattyspurs
    I have just spoken to my contact, but I will hopefully get more confirmed in the next day or two, that Phil Jones is leaning towards The Gypsies or Liverpool. But as I say, I am getting my contact to speak to Phil himself to find out more.
  10. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Who: Ryantegan
    Where: SC
    When: 6th May 2011

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryantegan
    Just asked at my end and yes Harry has had run ins with Lennon and yes Harry doesn't particually like lennons attitude, but he's not entirely convinced that we have made him available. Probably more interesting is the fact that Aston villa either made an offer or came close to it in the past 12 months. Lennon - young swap?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    From Ryantegan

Harry is desperate to get rid of about 10 (TEN) players from the first team alone, and he wants it done pretty early in the summer. We are already doing the groundwork to make it happen. Lennon, I dont expect is on that list.

Surprisingly Corluka and Palacios are possibles.

Glen Johnson and Scott Parker makeweights maybe?
  12. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Roger Morgan on Spurs Odyssey

about Pablo Osvaldo (Espanyol)

"Told he did very well. He is not 'the one' but a second choice. Of our current crop, Crouch most likely to stay."
  13. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    from woody

"Heard a strong rumour today...
    A member of my family has strong tottenham connections and he told me that he has heard from a good source that Berbatov is in the market for a house in London...

can't see him going to chelsea after spending so much on torres, west ham could not afford him in a million years, this leaves us and arsenal, can you really see a. berbatov going to arsenal after his spurs connections and b. SAF letting him go to a fellow title challenger?

don't take this for definate, it is just a rumour but it is from a good source"
    • Like Like x 1
  14. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    From Ari Gold on Spurs Odyssey

"I've come into some news (actually quite a lot).... I am deciding what to do with it all and will probably consult Paul.

Anyway, safe ground on this one and I am sure Archie can confirm.

We have already turned down a big bid for ...................... Sandro.

Written offer from Inter. Sandro has been told we want to keep him and he's happy to stay."

Archibald on it as well

"Actually had interest from 3 teams two of whom have made concrete contact... we wont sell and he is settled.. one problem is he is quite pally with our calamity keeper"
  15. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Ryantegan in response to the Berba + cash for Modric talk thats going on

"Modric will not be sold"

rebrab on it as well

"The last time Ferguson asked Harry about him, Harry told him only if we got Rooney + cash in exchange (a great story which sums up why we love him).

If we sell him this summer, I will quit SC, and donate £500."
    • Like Like x 1
  16. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Ryan being asked about potential forwards/signings

"there is an air of uncertainty at the moment. A week is a long time in football, and this week is probably going to make a difference to who we'll sign and when we'll sign them.

I do beleive that we have potential deals in place, similar to how we completed the Berbatov and Modric ones. Scott Parker\Connor Wickham\dare I say it? Lukaku maybe?"
    • Like Like x 2
  17. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0

Cavani

"A couple of post-Eastlands morsels. Don't be surprised if you start seeing stories linking us with him again. Palermo player on loan at Napoli. Had great season. Napoli's Lavezzi also enquired about. Not sure we could pull off either without CL. Don't hold your breath ..."
    • Like Like x 1
  18. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Roger Morgan on Bale's Injury

"Doctor says he's had best possible result as far as ankle lig injuries go. 4-6 weeks rest then can start light training."
    • Like Like x 1
  19. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0

Re: Kevin Gamerio

"Clive Allen due to watch him tonight v Montpellier"
    • Like Like x 1
  20. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Saw Steventhfc post this on SC, which he found on twitter (not entirely ITK but worth posting)

"Mick Brown watching Negrado and Broomfield watching Vucinic."
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  21. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Sounds like the article that came out last week about this deal......

Crottenham - GloryGlory

Kranjcar out to Roma

Zlatko Kranjcar, father of Niko Kranjcar, was at Rome last Sunday, talkin' with hte board of Roma about his son Niko! And to summarise they want him, but they dont know will they buy him or offer Vučinić( very unsetlled at Roma) out to Tottenham and ask a couple of millions + Niko for him!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Storts - keeper and lennon
    Who: storts
    Where: COYS
    When: 12th May

Two minor things. If, and it is still an if, we decide that we need a new 'keeper then Stekelenburg will be the one we pursue.

Secondly the Lennon unhappy/sale rumours are not true.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Interesting response here.....regarding ITK #22

a poster had this to say to storts

"The interesting thing about the keeper situation is that if a decision needs to be made, surely a decision would already have been made? What else is going to change? They either think Gomes is too error prone or they are happy to stick with him. Not sure what will change.

storts reply

"Lets just say the coaching team are very split"
  24. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Brownhead - SC

Will actively try for:

Llorente
    P.Cisse (plays in Germany, Senegalese striker)
    Marin
    Young
    Parker
    P Jones
    G Cahill

Lots to depart, Keane, Pav, Krancjar, Lennon, Dos Santos, Bentley, Jenas, O'Hara, Hutton, Bassong are the def ones to be leaving.

and Arry WILL be the next England manager, but not till Capellos contract ends. Levy already knows who he wants is to replace him, and it is Jurgen Klinsmann, with Sherwood no 2.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  25. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Jasper on Spurs Odyssey

in response to ITK #24

"All media generated, and some truth in some mentioned names. Cannot say 'active' as that is very premature to say the very least. Its no secret that TS is very highly regarded at the club. Know zilch about HR's next England manager, as there are some lets say; not so quite clean whistle with him and his court case.

Klose has been offered to almost every EPL main clubs, as he really wants to end his last days over here. Cant say more than that, as not aware of anything concrete.

Little info on Young: he wants scousers as a preference, and certainly not us. Was keen past year and a half. However, not the same anymore."
  26. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Please note, Adiepf is considered an ITK but he hasnt been the most accurate over the last 2 windows nor does he have the best reputation when compared to other ITK. Given that he does have contacts at the club I'm going to post his info this window

"romelo lukaku...

cue abuse....

been told he has signed a pre-contract with the club euro 23m..."

"ive heard Martin O`Neil is gonna be our new boss...not sure what to think about that?"
    • Like Like x 1
  27. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    paxtonyido re- Modric (peanut update)
    Who: paxtonyido
    When: 13/5/11
    Where: COYS

Quote:
    This is the first piece of ITK i've ever had and not what i wanted to report.

Luca off to United apparently (worst kept secret in history of the world)

Twitchy confirmed this morning in a meeting with a city financial institution (whose name will remain anonymous) that Utd are prepared to treble his wages and have already offered "BIG" money for him

Personally, i wouldnt accept any amount of money for him as i think he's irreplaceable. Please god dont be true!

peanut:
    Quote:
    We've had an approach but he's not going.

Peanut is a very well known ITK who I'd regard in the top 5 of not being a WUM.
  28. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Breakfast with Harry this morning

I was at Investec this morning for "Breakfast Banter With Harry Redknapp". About 50 guests, Ed Chamberlain from Sky Sports presenting. Thought you'd like to know some bits that came out:

*Would be flattered by England job, and you can't turn down your country but would miss day to day stuff.
    *Thinks we need a couple of players the level of “Modric and Bale” to take us further.
    *Thinks injuries to Bale and VdV cost us our form in the second half of the season as neither came back at full pelt.
    *Man U are in for Modric - "desperate for him, I know that for a fact" he said.
    *No point selling best players if we want to progress though.
    *Off to French Cup final on Saturday to look at 2-3 players that have been highlighted. Has been flying all around Europe watching players.
    *Walker has lots to learn but will be back to compete for a first team place next season
    *Taraabt is "a nutter", didn't want to sell him but Levy got a good offer and we have a massive sell-on clause
    *Couldn't think of any good kids coming through, eventually mentioned Caluker but that was it. Got the impression he's not impressed by our youth.
    *Doesn't like Wenger!
    • Like Like x 2
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Jasper on Spurs Odyssey

about Harry's claims that he doesnt know if he has money to spend

"HR is playing media games! He has a good amount of money; but also has to ship some ot (25 squad rule), aside with excess wages etc. Again, I say he has qite a good amont of money."

Eurocoy on it as well

"Harry's just putting pressure on Levy to stump up cash.He drops it in to every interview."
    • Like Like x 2
  30. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,668 / 3 / -0
    Ryantegan on SC

saw a post of his today that had this in it

"Harry wants Lukaku now, and he fits the Levy type of signing. I wonder if he'll get him?"
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.