January Transfer Window 2017: Rumours/Speculation

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Yid_1984, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,460 / 87 / -0
    Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho says defender Luke Shaw has to improve if he is to make Manchester United'sstarting line-up following his return from injury. (Sky Sports)

// Worth a bid in January ?
  2. Why Do We Bother? Well-Known Member

Why Do We Bother?
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 117 / -0
    Not really sure we need to get involved with these United boys, I'm sure any interest in Shaw will be given back to us ten fold with their interest in Rose...
  3. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 30 / -0
    Just pointing out the small matter that 2017 transfer window closed over half a year ago.
    If Leicester missed registering Silva with 14 sec delay I have my doubts about our chances 6 months late :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
    If they want to give us 60 to 70 mil for Rose next summer, I would probably say take the money and run. I would still not want anything to do with Shaw. But Rose is steadily becoming excess for Spurs and I no longer believe he is as irreplaceable as he was 2 seasons ago.

We saw this past summer that not only was Walker replaceable, but I think we actually improved at the RWB position with Aurier.

Now Davies has become a magnificent player and a key contributor. I think he is or possibly has surpassed Rose as far as LBs go.

While I would prefer to sell Rose outside of the EPL, its unlikely we would get near as much money for him in doing so. If we want the 60 to maybe even 80m we could possibly get for him, I think we will have to sell him to one of the 3 big EPL clubs. And I look at Walker at Man City and really, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it might when the sale happened.

Of course a lot of that has to do with Aurier and the emergence of KWP. But I believe Rose is quite possibly similarly overvalued because he's English. And I think the smartest thing might be to take advantage of that, take the money and run.

Personally, I think we might be able to do the same with Trippier next summer as well. This will be a matter of contention, but I think with Aurier and now KWP emerging, Trippier has become equally expendable yet is still emerging as a big name within English football. Especially since getting time with the national team.

Meanwhile, we have a seemingly superior talent to them all in Aurier and a young English RWB in KWP that is steadily improving to the point where he may very well surpass them all as well.

I just want absolutely NOTHING to do with Shaw regardless. I would rather take Pogba, Martial or Rashford. Of course getting any of those 3 is never going to happen. Not even Martial IMO, but certainly not Pogba or Rashford. And while there are a few other players on Man U I would love for Spurs to get their hands on, Shaw is not one of them. So if we aren't getting one of their elites, I don't think there is much to worry about as far as playing a game of mental ping pong with them. I say take advantage of their perception and reputation for having the "best" English talent, and sell them an overvalued player who's reputation is currently keeping his monetary value above water. That's a small window and timing is everything. We wait another season or two and perhaps everyone sees that Rose is old news and we no longer are capable of banking major dimp.
  5. Hazza Well-Known Member

Hazza
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 19 / -0
    I think we should look to sign Sessegnon in January, especially if Fulham aren't looking good for a promotion fight. We can then slowly bed him into the squad and if Rose is determined to get his move away we have already replaced him and won't have our pants pulled down on the price.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Let's wait until like November to start talking rumors
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +832 / 38 / -0
  8. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +694 / 13 / -0
    The ideal window for me would be

1) Signing Sessegnon and most likely loaning him back

2) A box to box/ defensive mid I.E Kondgbia

3) A Pacey attacker like Zaha

That all in all shouldnt cost more then 70 million that can soon be offset by selling the likes of Sissoko and Nkoudou and more then likely Rose next window
  10. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,460 / 87 / -0
    We need a Dembele replacement more urgently than a DM {once Wanyama comes back and can't write Dier off for a few bad games}

Abdoulaye Doucouré !!..wonder if they will accept a straight swap for Sissoko and we pay 50% of his salary till the end of contract, he would be perfect for a small club
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,473 / 15 / -0
    When we play with wingbacks we have Rose & Aurier that provide speed & width.
    We need someone that can penetrate defences through the middle.
    Right now we tend to pass sideways & backwards on the perimeter of defences while in the final third.
    We don't have someone daring enough to slash through.
    Someone like Leon Goretzka. He's fast, strong, tackles hard, can play from deep or CAM & is technically gifted for a big man.
    He's also got the balls to take others on.

He's out of contract with Schalke at the end of the season & therefore can sign in advance in January.

Another is Dani Ceballos.
    Yeah he just joined Real Madrid but he's not playing much & he wants to play.

Both are either 21 or 22. Perfect age to join Poch.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. wilky4uk Active Member

wilky4uk
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    Just reminded me of the Kovacic saga through the summer :(
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +694 / 13 / -0
    I mean if Toby is really sidelined until April Dier will be needed as a CB leaving Vic as our only CDM. So cover for the role is vital if you ask me. But we have needed a Mousa type player for 2 years the problem is there is very few who play like him in football.
  14. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,460 / 87 / -0
    think Ben Davies should start playing in central defence..Dier is way too shaky there.

KWP should take his place on the LWB
  15. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +832 / 38 / -0
    Not a horrible idea
  16. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +832 / 38 / -0
    Luke Shaw starting today... is this so Poch can see him before the Danny Rose swap :D
  17. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Don’t need that crock here
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,035 / 30 / -0
    I would say that we should go for additional CB if we have problem in CB department.
    And put Dier back to midfield. Even while playing Dier in CB, we currently have 0 rotation options for CB - we have 3 senior CBs for 3 slots (seems that Poch dont think that Foyth would be ready to play EPL / CL games this season) so get another one to this department...
    If any reinfocrcements would be needed to CM it would be box-to-box / creative kind of CM.
  19. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +534 / 14 / -0
    Heard David Ginola on TalkSPORT this morning saying he was speaking to Poch at our training ground last week (or the week before) & he reckons we we could be making a few signings in the window as Poch told him we need a couple specifically stating pace up top, interesting if true?
  20. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    And so what's our minimum take from Champions league so far? That money could make a January signing more likely.
  21. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +832 / 38 / -0
  22. Yorkshire Yid Well-Known Member

Yorkshire Yid
    Ratings:
    +694 / 13 / -0
    We could more then likely do with signing both TBF, we have 5 senior CBS at the club though and only 2 defensive mids, with one of those also being one of the 5 cbs.

The squad is certainly light in a lot of areas and if we seriously wanna compete we need to make 4-5 quality signings to add depth
  23. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    doubtful as the further we advance the more we paid out in bonuses to the players
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Poch was asked about this midweek and hes not going to be sidelined until April, not even mid January. He'll be back training in about 2 weeks and most likely playing by the end of the month
    • Like Like x 2
  25. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    cant see it happening with Foyth and CCV...if we sign another what happens to their progress?
  26. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    Toby's own assessment sounded uncertain. "It's bad" was pretty much his analysis.
  27. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    from Poch's press conference yesterday

"Could Toby Alderweireld be out for 14 weeks more?

He is going to take a scan next week and we are going to see next week what happens. When he was injured I think our medical staff… 14 weeks more? (Press officer: "There's nothing to suggest he needs surgery.")

We saw this morning he is working. 14 weeks? It is not true. I think it is misinterpreted or something. What I am sure is it will not take 14 weeks more. After that I am not sure what people say."
  28. Lucian Active Member

Lucian
    Ratings:
    +319 / 8 / -0
    No saga, man. Only paper speculation and our wishful thinking. No one even made comment on this transfer possibility.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +398 / 21 / -0
    Kondogbia will most probably sign to Valencia at the end of the season, he's been outstanding for them and seems like he's happy there.
    Big shame Reus is so injury prone otherwise he would be an amazing signing.
    Staying with BVB, Aubameyang would be a really good buy, would give us a lot of pace and he's a top goal scorer.
    I'm a big fan of Lanzini from West Ham, would be a good squad player, has a lot of energy and a good finish on him.
    If Rose is wishing to leave then Shaw wouldn't be a bad signing, out of contract at the end of the season.

Really hoping we don't go in for Barkley, has he actually played a game this season? I haven't noticed.
  30. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 26 / -0
    Reus and Auba would be great signings for any club in the world, never happening. Barkley has been injured since pre season. Shaw is a cripple. Lanzini would be decent but would cost us top dollar for just a back up.