Joe Cole ITK ?!

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by dirtyh, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtyh New Member

dirtyh
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Joe Cole

Hi. Been sifting through some of the other spurs forums as well as this one and some very disturbing news is currently doing the rounds. £3m apparently and varying as cover for niko (cole x 4), bentley (cole x 2) and even modders (cole x infinity). He is just rubbish and we should be a million miles from a transfer like this, even one that's made up. Seriously i'd prefer to pay £19m on emile heskey. If there's any truth in this i'd have to concede that Harry has finally gone insane. Please reassure me this is all the usual itk rubbish otherwise my house is going to get smashed up :117:

First post too, hello everyone.
  2. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forum!
    And you're preaching to the choir here, I believe that only about 1% of Spurs supporters want him here ('Arry sadly being in that 1%.) I would be outraged if we signed him!
    If we want veterans, I can deal with Parker and Friedel but Joe Cole would not be of any use here.
  3. jack_bagley_spurs New Member

jack_bagley_spurs
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I said earlier on a thread I think I would cry if our outfield signings were parker and cole.. Thought it would hppen
  4. ShaneOMac Active Member

ShaneOMac
    Ratings:
    +254 / 14 / -0
    Yeah Harry's lost the plot if we sign him. This isn't Battersea Dog's Home where he can just put his arm around players who have gone through a rough patch and hope they'll be alright whilst paying them 90,000 a week. This is a proud football club that has ambition which sometimes I don't think Harry shows enough of.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chivalry Well-Known Member

Chivalry
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. When cole was in his hay day at chelski i could understand it then but now hes just past it imo. Hasnt he been out injured for like the past year aswell?
  6. dirtyh New Member

dirtyh
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, shame it's not amongst us celebrating the top striker coming that everyone except harry seems to want (not going to turn this into an anti harry thread even though i'm seriously worried right now). Totally agree though that after years of looking on with envious eyes from mid-table we're now in with a great chance of doing something special with this team (with a few tweaks here and there). Now is not the time for cowardice but to send out a message to our fans, our rivals and most importantly, our blooming players that we're serious about pushing on. If we end up with Joe Cole, i'd prefer modders and bale and vdv to just leave as we'd be a laughing stock.
  7. tdw76 jaws music hee hee

tdw76
    Ratings:
    +1,249 / 2 / -0
    ^^^ give them a chance the transfer window has only been open for 4 days!!!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  8. gio 2008 Well-Known Member

gio 2008
    Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    not a chance hopefully money grabber he will sit on pools bench just to get his 90k a week
  9. enzo New Member

enzo
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've impression that Redknapp is obsessed with English players tbh, so I'm not surprised by the J.Cole link. Let's hope Levy will stop him.
    enzo,
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Heroes Well-Known Member

Heroes
    Ratings:
    +3,454 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forum [MENTION=7765]dirtyh[/MENTION], have fun and post often
    • Like Like x 1
  11. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    Window is just open to be fair! And it seems like ur ripping into Harry over something u think may happen! I've seen no indication that we are after Joe cole!

Enjoy the forum tho!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,695 / 13 / -0
    We had a 95 page thread on Joe Cole this time last year , most of it along the lines of .. " we must have Cole he is the new messiah " and look what happened , he disappeared without trace ........

If this goes more than 2 pages I am closing it . Grrrrrrrrr.........
  13. StripiestPilot Well-Known Member

StripiestPilot
    Ratings:
    +3,886 / 61 / -0
    Totally past it now. Apparently he's on 100k a week at Liverpool. Levy would never approve a move for this guy. He'd be better off moving to a promoted side, we already have 3 or 4 players better than him who can play where he does.
  14. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because he wants to become manager of England ? If so he can **** off
  15. Cor-Luka New Member

Cor-Luka
    Ratings:
    +496 / 0 / -0
    There was me and few others that were attacked there because we didn't want him.
  16. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    for 3 million? If he accepts way lower wages and we dont pay more for him I think it could be a "decent" deal.

I know cole has been total shit for liverpool but I am sure harry could turn him around and make him the old joe cole he was.

He is kinda an asshole tho because he rejected us and now he wants to come because he was total shit and didnt get any play time at liverpool.
  17. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    why didnt we wait untill at least bentley was definitely gone?
  18. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,109 / 21 / -0
    I still say no. Give Gio the chance instead or maybe even Bentley
    • Like Like x 2
  19. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Only one word needed for Joe Cole.
    NO.
  20. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,610 / 3 / -0
    He will be soon enough.
  21. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    If cole does sign for us and gets anything near 90k ill literally fly to London and strangle harry and levy!
    • Like Like x 4
  22. kinkygerbils Well-Known Member

kinkygerbils
    Ratings:
    +1,092 / 35 / -0
    I Have heard this too from a journo friend, he seems to think there is a medical in the next few days.

Harry can leave if true
  23. Rivron these are small those cows are far away

Rivron
    Ratings:
    +5,220 / 42 / -0
    That may well be so. What is most disturbing about this 'news' - apart from the obvious - is that it is so utterly plausible and predictable. If 'Arry had his way he'd turn this club into a footballing knackers yard.
  24. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,109 / 21 / -0
    I'll back you up [MENTION=1297]thfcshady27[/MENTION], Harry could be hard to put down!
  25. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    I have lowered the terms for me.. Becks surely has to be better than Cole.
  26. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +681 / 3 / -0
    apparantly the daily fail has caught onto it as well.

Joe Cole to sign for Tottenham | Mail Online

Liverpool outcast Joe Cole is heading to Tottenham in a £3m deal after a year of disappointment at Anfield.

Spurs will give him a full medical assessment this week before finalising the move after a season wrecked by injury and lack of form.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, who helped bring Cole through at West Ham, believes he can resurrect the career of the 29-year-old, once regarded as the finest young talent of his generation.

But the move follows a huge fall from grace for the one-time England playmaker, who was widely accepted as the free transfer of the summer last year when he made his switch from Chelsea.

Cole failed to make an immediate impact at Anfield and his chances of success were badly damaged when Liverpool’s managing director Christian Purslow, integral in the signing, left his job following the sale of the club to John W Henry last October.

Privately, Henry was fuming that an ageing player had been handed a lucrative four-year contract worth £90,000 a week when he aimed to invest in youngsters.

Since then, Cole has become a weighty burden on the Liverpool wage bill. He has cost them a total of £4.1m in wages so far, which is £2,470 for each of the 1,662 minutes he has played in the Premier League and Europa League for the club.

He made 32 appearances in total last season but 13 of them came from the bench and there were only nine league starts among them. Cole was also sent off on his league debut and scored just three goals in total all year.

Manager Kenny Dalglish has been impressed with Cole’s attitude since taking charge in January but has not picked him regularly and, with Liverpool out of Europa League action next season, his chances would be further reduced.

Cole can point to a troublesome hamstring injury as an explanation for his disappointments at Anfield but it cannot have helped that Purslow rather than Dalglish’s predecessor, Roy Hodgson, was
    the driving force behind him being signed.

His fall from grace is highlighted by the fact that he went to the World Cup with England last year and won the last of his 56 caps in the World Cup defeat against Germany.

Cole was the youngest member of England’s World Cup squad in 2002 and regarded as the country’s best player in the tournament four years later.

He could still have been involved with the national team if his Liverpool move had worked out better. But instead of making a contribution to England’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland, he was
    preparing himself for another change of clubs and a move back to London.
    Cole’s move could pave the way for Luka Modric to make a £28million switch to Manchester United.
    Sir Alex Ferguson’s first-choice playmaker as a replacement for Paul Scholes is Wesley Sneijder
    but his Inter Milan wages of £170,000 a week after tax is a serious obstacle.

Modric earns just a fraction of that and Spurs could be tempted to sell and bring in transfer funds after landing a like-for-like replacement in Cole. The player has also indicated that he would like to move to Old Trafford to play Champions League football again.

Spurs want to offload several big earners who will not feature in the first team next season. Alan Hutton, Robbie Keane, David Bentley, Wilson Palacios, Sebastien Bassong and Giovani Dos Santos are all surplus to requirements.

Sunderland were told when they inquired about Peter Crouch that Spurs would only sell if they also took a couple of those players.

--if this is true and we're selling modric and j. cole is the replacement im going to be pissed.
  27. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,610 / 3 / -0
  28. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,918 / 35 / -0
    3 million quid??????? id have that all day im afraid,hes not a bad player,in fact hes a very good player hes just had a nightmare at the bindippers,they seem to have habit of turning good players into bad ones when theyre with them
  29. thfcshady27 shady!

thfcshady27
    Ratings:
    +4,041 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree mate it's the 90k wages I was referring to....we weren't good enough for the coont before so if he wants a chance to resurrect his career he needs to take a big pay cut IMO!
  30. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,524 / 36 / -0
    All comes down to the wages imo. If he takes a reduction I have no problem with the move.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.