Just A Word To The Wise, Everyone.

Discussion in 'Match Day Chat' started by Rev John Ripsher, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Rev John Ripsher Super Moderators

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +5,687 / 28 / -0
    A few seasons ago we were 12 or so points ahead of our neighbours, and some of us thought we had it in the bag and started crowing about it. We taunted them and ended up below them and out of the CL places.

Anyone posting that unlucky cr@p, and assuming that we will finish above / win the, or whatever, will have their post deleted. further postings will earn you a holiday till the end of the season. I am not having this season bocked while we taunt other teams and all before the fat lady sings.

Capiche?

@The Cryptkeeper

Rev.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    • Agree x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Love the sentiment mate and I agree.

Natural selection at its best imo.

However kunts will be kunts and we have a few who simply won't be able to help themselves.

I'll preempt by saying by saying goodbye kunts.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Trajan Well-Known Member

Trajan
    Ratings:
    +694 / 9 / -0
    LOL, chief. I share the policy of silent happiness and modest expectations, but to ''delete'' posts? Get a drink *chuckle*
  4. conor1 Last tango in Belfast

conor1
    Ratings:
    +5,284 / 75 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ted the Yid Well-Known Member

Ted the Yid
    Ratings:
    +820 / 12 / -0
    Mind the cr@p..

:thumb:
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. Rev John Ripsher Super Moderators

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +5,687 / 28 / -0
    I am covering all the bases , brother. :thumb:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. liam Well-Known Member

liam
    Ratings:
    +739 / 4 / -0
    I know there is a a button to say I agree, yes I do very much concur. This season is too close to call, hopefully the socks will be blown well and truly off but I'm not counting my cockerels just yet.
    liam,
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    I fully agree with the sentiment and the rationale behind it....However I will assume until told otherwise I can continue to be half glass full and optimistic, what a season this is so far to even warrant consideration of a thread like this.....lovely relaxing evening fellas, haven't even seen the whole game yet.
  9. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,805 / 73 / -0
    I am the very last person to suggest anything uncertain is definite or to mock the team that has finished above us 20 years in a row. I think anybody who does so is a dummy that makes Spurs fans look bad. But I disagree with deleting said dummies' posts and certainly disagree with banning said dummies.

Just my 2 cents.
  10. Lilywhite74 Well-Known Member

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +5,249 / 12 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    Bollox to this. Why the fukk can't we celebrate where we are now and how we will beat the scum this year because of what happened last time? I don't give a flying fukk about looking daft if it goes wrong, so fukking what? Are we little girls who get upset by what scum fans think about us?

I'm not going to hide behind the sofa worrying about what the scum fans will say if I shout really loud LOOK AT THE GOAL DIFFERENCE YOU MUPPETS, delete my post, ban me, do what you fukking like but you will not silence me.

I do not believe in jinxes, ghosts, unlucky crap or any of that supernatural bollox, so guess where you can poke that old bollix.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Can someone let us know when the fat lady starts gargling....around April time maybe.....? Long way to go yet folks.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,787 / 49 / -0
    A bit late late for this judging by the sycophantic OTT stuff I keep reading, even the media have decided Poche is the new Arry Redcap , he has won fook all yet and until he does I shall hold fire on making him a godlike creature.

@DorsetSpursFan

WARNING

Dont read this in your current condition .Get well soon , then have a go at me :thumb:
  14. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    No worries, I too don't believe that the Poch is the second coming of Sir Bill yet, that would be daft, but I do believe he, like our team have the potential to reach almost Bill-like levels, not as high of course, that is an unattainable level, but seriously farking good. The thing I will not do and will rage against is expecting failure and whineing like little gilrs about what could go wrong - because at the moment everything is going great so why not enjoy it and dare to dream that the Poch might just develop into the real deal?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SpurFromOz Active Member

SpurFromOz
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    If you look too hard at the destination, you may miss out on the journey..
    COYS!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bogota Yid Well-Known Member

Bogota Yid
    Ratings:
    +2,328 / 3 / -0
    You Sir, are a wise man. Or at least have quoted one lol
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    We have a philosopher amongst us...excellent, almost Sir Bill like....or Socrates, no not that Brazilian footballer who was brilliant, but also enjoyed the fags, booze and exotic lifestyle...which unfortunately did him no good in the end, RIP.
  18. skiathospurs Moderator

skiathospurs
    Ratings:
    +9,107 / 53 / -1
    aerosmith wasnt it lol "amazing"

well nearly......
  19. Bogota Yid Well-Known Member

Bogota Yid
    Ratings:
    +2,328 / 3 / -0
    Haha not quite mate
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BrooklynYid Well-Known Member

BrooklynYid
    Ratings:
    +2,141 / 35 / -0
    As long as we can still post how we're doomed to finish 8th and Poch needs to go, then I think we'll be fine.:whistle:
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. SpurFromOz Active Member

SpurFromOz
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    Cant take credit my friend... read in a long time ago, quoted in some Zen article.
  22. base615 Well-Known Member

base615
    Ratings:
    +1,701 / 16 / -0
    Someody seriously posted that godforsaken phrase on Cartilage Free Captain the other day. Not best pleased.
  23. birdonaball Active Member

birdonaball
    Ratings:
    +140 / 2 / -0
    Nothing wrong with blind hope :)

To be honest I wont believe we can win anything until I see Hugo wrapping his hands around the cup...

But which cup.....
  24. White Hart Dutch Well-Known Member

White Hart Dutch
    Ratings:
    +5,837 / 119 / -1
    Just for the sake of being pessimistic: we've actually got less points this year than we got against these same teams in the first-half of the season! We aren't there yet!
  25. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,538 / 16 / -0
    Even if Hugo has his hands around a couple of Double D's at least one Spur will be very happy.:whistle:;):thumb:
  26. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,538 / 16 / -0
    @Rev John Ripsher, I totally get what you are saying.
    Maybe I'm wrong or I missed it but, with all due respect to the OP, I don't recall a Mod stepping in in the same manner to squash all the negativity that was once heaped upon this forum. IFRC there were tons of it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    You are right mate the pansy arsed feds do nothing to destroy the numpties, they are protected, always, the feds are like 'ooh Dorset, stop being nasty to members, you can't call them kunts it's against the rules', mind my ticker and rise up my brothers and fight the oppression of the ruling classes, the common man can only be oppressed if he gives the tyrants the power to oppress him (or her, we are not sexist in the Harringey People's Front and respect the right for our sisters to be oppressed by the fascist bastrads as badly as our male members - and of course it goes without saying that transgender, gay, lesbian and even gingers have the right to be trodden into the ground and urinated on by the Bourgeoisie). If you do not stand up for your right to mind my ticker, they will oppress you until you are as oppressed as a peasant who is extremely oppressed.

The 'man' wants to crush your joy and take away you right to mind my ticker, they want you to remain as grey sheep, joyless and part of the herd only bleating when they tell you that the destination has been arrived at, but that destination can never be reached so you will remain mind-slaves of these tyrannical power freaks, for ever.

Mind my ticker my brothers (and sisters and those undecided), celebrate today because tomorrow might never come, crush the system or it will crush you.

Edited & Spellchecked by A. Dictator.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
  28. skiathospurs Moderator

skiathospurs
    Ratings:
    +9,107 / 53 / -1

Well I am your king........you`re not an autonomous collective :mad:
    now stand aside and cast rose petals before me as I walk amongst my subjects...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. P UNIT Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT
    Ratings:
    +11,818 / 53 / -1
    Back in ya box..... this dictatorship isn't being overthrown anytime soon...!!!

Take your meds, have a nice cup of tea and calm down. That ropey ticker does not need the excitement..... not yet...!!!

Every game I believe a little more..... Citeh is such an mportant game now. Win that and I will seriously consider believing.

I think we are a quality side right now but the test is how we bounce back..... when it happens..... when we get beat..... I hate thinking about it I have got used to us winning, lol.
  30. DorsetSpursFan Not a xylophone

DorsetSpursFan
    Ratings:
    +11,712 / 127 / -3
    Look at this everybody, I am being oppressed! Poor little me, a kindly old grandfather who has just had a heart attack and would never say boo to a goose is being oppressed by the man!

Censorship and post alteration? Are you taking the piss? My post above has been changed by these tyrants - my advice to them is to be very careful, be very careful indeed if you think editing my posts is funny, my sense of humour can be very dark.