Kaboul " Top Defender "

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by Tottenham-ManU, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Younes Kaboul has everything in his locker to be a top player, according to his Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.
    The 24-year-old had been out of the Spurs team for a month but returned on Saturday to form an impressive partnership at the heart of the defence against Everton.[​IMG]
    It was something that was duly noted by the Spurs chief who also signed Kaboul[​IMG] while he was manager at Portsmouth.[​IMG]
    "I thought Kaboul and Gallas did ever so well at the back together," said Redknapp.[​IMG]
    "Kaboul's got everything to be a top player. He lacks concentration at times. But he's got pace, he's great in the air, he can pass, can come out with the ball.
    "He's lightning quick, he's a great athlete - it's all there for him.
    "If he just gets his concentration and keeps working on his game, he's got everything to be an outstanding player."

Sky Sports | Tottenham Hotspur News | Football | Premier League | Kaboul 'destined' for the top

i agree with harry he looks like a top defender he was great against everton hope he keeps his form and plays even better in the coming matches
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    He certainly has improved from the player that was first brought in, I think his time at Pompey really helped him grow and now were lucky enough to have him back. Definitely agree with HR, he's going to be a great player for us whether its at CB or RB.
  3. Lilywhite74 Moderator

Lilywhite74
    Ratings:
    +4,228 / 8 / -0
    like a freight train coming forward. An absolute beast of an athlete, I thought he was crucial for us down the stretch last season. Little better in the decision making department and he'll be exactly what Harry says. I never rated him on his first go around with us, and was a little skeptical when he came back, but certainly glad he's here. One of our better players on Saturday.
  4. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    He really showed what he could do against Everton. Everything that has been said I agree with. He is versatile and adds talent in attack to his strength in defense.
  5. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    tbh i am glad we resigned him now... because he looks like he can become solid at the back for us... but i'm not going to lie... i thought he was dreadful for us 1st time around and when we sold him i was like 'thank fvck for that' and when we resigned him i was like 'wtf!' but he has proven to me that it was a good signing for us... and 'Arry can take all the credit for getting the best out of him...
  6. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    I actually rate Kaboul and think hes one of the last footballing defenders in the game. Reminds me of a young Ledley when he bursts forward from the defence and all of a sudden you see him at the edge of hte area.

My only gripe with him is unfortunatley he is prone to a mistake or two, and at centre back . . . . they are usually costly. Say what you will about whether the Everton free kick on the weekend was a free kick, but that is his problem. Always seems to do something rash.

I actually think he has the perfect attributes to be an absolutley amazing right back. And maybe out on the right, the mistakes may not be as costly . . . if you see what I'm saying?

I think the match against Man City last season proved that aswell.
  7. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    about the everton game it wasnt his fault yakubu new a challange was comin and fell down pretty easy i dont think it was his fault
  8. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,670 / 13 / -0
    Y'know if all our players played well , all at the same time , we'd be awesome !
  9. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Yeah but as a defender you have to be aware of where you are on the pitch when even attempting to make a challenge, as contrast said he is prone to a mistake or 2 and as little as a mistake that "challenge" was he should have just stood his ground and not attempted to even touch Yakubu.
  10. Tottenham-ManU New Member

Tottenham-ManU
    Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    u got a point spursman but i remember the old kaboul where he did such idiotic mistakes n see him now thats a big change thiis what i meant !! all good hope he improves
  11. YID_Kwon New Member

YID_Kwon
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Really like Younes as well. Was solid in the weekend too! look forward to seeing him more and hope he stays for a long time.
  12. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    Too early to elevate Kaboul into top defender status, he"s got a lot to prove imo, and he"s no Ledley thats for sure so I"ll judge him at the end of the season.
  13. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    But what is important is that he seems to be improving every week. I remember people who were quite happy to see him go to Pompey, and quite upset when we bought him back. Right now both moves are looking like the right choice. His time at Pompey really gave him the experience he needed to now add something to our own first team. Hopefully this is a continuing trend. We need now, more than ever, our CB squad players to step up and fill some larger roles.
  14. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    And with this view, I hope that Walker and Caulker are being thrown into this same category....it may be a bit different playing in the Championship to being a lower PL side, however the main importance is that it was his first team playing week in week out that I feel developed him. The same could be said for Walker, Naughton, and Caulker when they return.
  15. EssexYiddo Active Member

EssexYiddo
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    The problem was when he first came to us was he was put straight into the first team because there was no one else to cover CB. That was always going to be a huge risk putting a young inexperienced player in such a vital position. Especially when hes new to the squad.
  16. Triangulum New Member

Triangulum
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Yes I think it's to early to label him as a 'Top defender' although he has the potential, he need's this praise for him to break into that status. I rate Kaboul very highly, I can't thank him enough for the City game last season, where he ran down the right wing and whiped it in for Crouch. He has the corect balance of defending and going forward, We would be silly to sell him.

Scott
  17. 1990Hotspur New Member

1990Hotspur
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    He's got a big test on his hand this weekend thats for sure.....
  18. Rui Cardoso Active Member

Rui Cardoso
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    maybe it wasnt his fault but, a "top defender" wouldnt have let it happen
  19. Idiot New Member

Idiot
    Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Harry speaks highly about every player in uor team ;)
    He is not a "top defender". He shows potential but to be "top defender" he need to eliminate tose mistakes that he makes.I really hope that he will.
  20. Scarlotti Well-Known Member

Scarlotti
    Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I'm not fully convinced by Kaboul as a centre back - but tonight against Inter he had a superb game in combination with Gallas!

And this was against an attack of Eto'o and Schniejder and lattterly Milito as well!

He just needs to continue to show this level of concentration and maturity!!!!
  21. BigDub Legend !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +4,451 / 36 / -0
    Kaboul is getting better every match, and that is the most important thing.
  22. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    We was GREAT tonight.....I fookin love him, feel him and Dawson will be our CB pairing

Up the Spurs....all the others are coonts.
  23. Ginola14 Well-Known Member

Ginola14
    Ratings:
    +472 / 1 / -0
    Not a big fan of him at all (ive posted why in the kaboul- fance call up thread). Bassong should definitely start ahead of him. Kaboul has the physical attributes but not the footballing attributes.
  24. afar hotspur New Member

afar hotspur
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    he finished the emirates game very well, didnt he ! !
  25. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,797 / 6 / -0
    Still think he has one of the biggest futures in the game . . . . as a right back. Hes made for the role. Get Gary Cahill or Ryan Shawcross in at centre back and move Kaboul to right back and we go a long way to being sorted!!!
  26. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,336 / 16 / -0
    He"s nowhere near top class and yesterday proved that, his runs forward were not convincing but his defending is not good enough atm.
  27. Ginola14 Well-Known Member

Ginola14
    Ratings:
    +472 / 1 / -0
    He scored and i give credit to that. But like ctw01 said, his defending is simply not good enough. I really dont know why Bassong does not start ahead of him.
  28. Audere est Facere New Member

Audere est Facere
    Ratings:
    +1,546 / 0 / -0
    r u 2 guys serious ? :D

kaboul was top top class yesterday of course he was too late against chamakh but that happens to every defender even the worlds best.

He scored a great header for the winner.
    • Like Like x 2
  29. gazza Well-Known Member

gazza
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 3 / -0
    the chamakh thing was weird it was not too much his fault, hutton needed to get a bit closer to arshavin he had too many moments to select a nice pass, also it was not like chamakh tapped it in he had to fall weirdly to strike it so not too much kabouls fault i think
  30. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    Kaboul should have been goal side of Shamcock, Hutton clearly in pain when the ball was played out to Arseshavings should have closed him down but Kaboul should have been in a better defensive position. Nonetheless he played well.