Key Players Staying

Discussion in 'Players Lounge' started by Dave, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Dave Well-Known Member

Dave
    Ratings:
    +4,245 / 78 / -0
    According to Daniel Levy, No key players will be sold in the Summer.

So hence the question ;- Who are our key players?

Lloris, Toby, Vertonghen, Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Son and Kane? Any to add or any to take off that list?
    Dave,
  2. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,140 / 49 / -0
    Maybe add Rose
  3. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,304 / 46 / -0
    Wanyama probably
  4. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,701 / 46 / -0
    Sanchez can only get better.
  5. moe888 Well-Known Member

moe888
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / 53 / -0
    Key players...hmm Lloris, Vertonghen, Toby, Eriksen, Alli and Kane.
    Son gets rotated a lot, so I dont think they consider him a key player up there.
    Winks and Dier I hope dont get considered as key players..yikes that would be bad
    Davies maybe, Rose hasnt been lighting it up.
    Wanyama maybe? Mousa's fitness not the same this season.
    First 6 players probably the only definites. All else are probably up for grabs.

I want to say something funny about Sissoko but I feel bad for him.
  6. helen7 Well-Known Member

helen7
    Ratings:
    +664 / 80 / -0
    Toby - As potentially the best CB in the EPL its unlikely he will remain with Spurs beyond the summer. Both Manchester clubs have shown an interest and with his contract running down Levy would be unwise not the cash in.

Dembele - Age and injuries creeping up. Certainly a key player, but I would imagine if he is not sold in the summer, his value will drop considerably over the following season.

Kane - Its silly season in the transfer market. Will the crazyness die down? Its akin to when your told your london 2 bed flat is worth 2m quid......do you sell it and run or wait and hope the market doesn't crash. However, sell Kane and expect to drop 2 or 3 places in the table.

Alli - As with Kane, a silly bid could come in and, losing Alli is unlikely to affect our table positon; especially if Lamela stays.

Rose - You would have to expect him to be gone in the summer; but since Davis is the only other player in that position, I would expect if a player doesn't come in January that Rose will stay come summer.

Son - United won trophy after trophy by rotating thier squad. Son is a key player that isn't needed in every game. He's going nowhere.

Eriksen - Would be surprised to see him go as typically the clubs above us have players in that position (well, not Liverpool anymore...and maybe not Arsenal if Ozil goes!!). A move to Spain is unlikely and Italian football is still a mess.

Dier - A useful squad player, but doesn't set the world alight in any position. If he wants guarenteed starts he would probably need to go to an Everton or Leicester - or maybe one of the bigger clubs will take a punt with him as a regular CB. I'd say likelyhood is he becomes another Schniderlin at Man United. He's only going to get better so I'd say we should keep him.

Lloris - Prone to at least 1 mistake every couple of games...but also 2 or 3 out of this world saves. He seems happy at Spurs.

So, are our best players happy to never win a (major) trophy and stay a Spurs? Spurs will not compete in the transfer market to sign superstar players; so our squad will always be good, but always underdogs.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,644 / 68 / -0
    I’d be surprised if Toby doesn’t sign a new contract. The other truly top players aren’t going anywhere unless they ask to leave which is unlikely except in Rose’s case (and Rose’s form this year hasn’t been top player worthy anyway). Dembele is no longer a top player and may very well go.