Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Player Chat' started by himel420, May 25, 2015.

1. himel420 Well-Known Member

himel420
    Ratings:
    +2,069 / 76 / -0
  2. OHT2 Well-Known Member

OHT2
    Ratings:
    +1,026 / 14 / -0
    Ah, i was about to post this. I rate him highly, delivers a great ball. If it's true, it puts doubt on Walker and/or Yedlin's place in the team.
    OHT2,
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. kuntardi Well-Known Member

kuntardi
    Ratings:
    +379 / 10 / -0
    If he is good enough, certainly City would try to sign him?
  4. Danfree Well-Known Member

Danfree
    Ratings:
    +905 / 3 / -0
    Some suggestion Yedlin was just a PR stunt to capture US support, certainly a possibility
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AwesomeDawson Well-Known Member

AwesomeDawson
    Ratings:
    +567 / 16 / -0
    I saw the Clyne link and though it was mad. We have Walker and Yedlin as RBs, then Dier a a very capable backup.

If true (and the price is good) it´d probably mean either a loan for Yedlin (yes excellent idea) or that we´re selling Walker (not so sure).

@Danfree I don´t know. If we sell him now, or just never play him we´re not going to earn many American fans. Besides, with a bit of experience he could be a great RB.
  6. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +398 / 21 / -0
    I rate Yedlin highly although I think he'll become a winger, he's even said himself a few months back he'd consider moving from RB to RW/ATT, I'll try find the link later as Im off to work but I see no point in signing another RB when we already have so many, if we are to sign anyone from Burnley let it be Ings
  7. PhillySpurs Active Member

PhillySpurs
    US (From Philly area live in Martinsburg, WV)
    Ratings:
    +146 / 2 / -0
    It would not surprise me if Walker is sold.

I would not be surprised if Yedlin was loaned out.

I do not believe they signed Yedlin as a PR stunt, because Spurs already had a strong US fan base. Yedlin isn't that popular of player in the US anyway. He gained national popularity after his play in the World Cup.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. koppel Well-Known Member

koppel
    Ratings:
    +6,161 / 46 / -0
    I don't know nearly enough about Yedlin to rate him, but Trippier is a great RB. He would provide good cover for Walker, and is actually better in some aspects of his game - especially crossing and passing.

He's one of the best crossers of the ball from rightback I've seen in quite a while.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pompower Well-Known Member

pompower
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 19 / -0
    Great signing. Burnley are getting absolutely shafted at that price too.

With us apparently in for Ings too we may well be building a bit of a relationship. I wouldn't be surprised to see Yedlin go to Burnley on loan next season at all. Would be a good replacement for Trippier, and seeing as Fredericks has done well in the Championship, Yedlin should also perform.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +12,545 / 19 / -0
    Most Chances Created In 2015

Silva 56
    Hazard 44
    Ozil 40
    Coutinho 39
    Puncheon 38
    Trippier 38
    Navas 37
    Eriksen 35
    Elmohamady 34

Pretty impressive for a RB.

I do think we'll see Yedlin loaned out for part of next season. We do need to be able to rotate the RB position because Walker over the last 4/5 season has probably played the most games out of any player for the club. His recent injuries havent helped him stay consistent either so some competition for his place would be welcomed.
  11. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    This makes a whole lot of sense. Either Yedlin will go back there on loan as a make weight or maybe Walker will be sold. In any case I don't think Walker can compete with Trippier, or Dier either.
  12. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +14,573 / 46 / -0
    I think him Colman and Robertson are probily the best fullbacks in the league (yes I know ones a lb).ill point out here I see dier as a cb that's why I don't include him in the list.this is a great signing at that price and age wise he's perfect and fits the profile of a poch signing he's also prem proven so another plus.i think this is our last chance to get good money for walker who I rate but has become quite injury prone
  13. Achtung Spurs Well-Known Member

Achtung Spurs
    Ratings:
    +3,103 / 32 / -0
    With a surname like that I think he'd give away too many fouls.

Off to get my coat.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    I feel sorry about Walker. He really took one for the team, playing under AVB when he knew he shouldn't have. Then he hurts his foot when he kicks his toe into someone. A total fluke. That said I think he has always promised more than he has delivered.
  15. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    I feel sorry about Walker. He really took one for the team, playing under AVB when he knew he was hurt. Then he hurts his foot when he kicks his toe into someone. A total fluke. That said I think he has always promised more than he has delivered.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,910 / 66 / -0
    I was listening to Burnley fans on the radio, who obviously watch their team every week, & they all were raving about Trippier. They were saying how he's their unsung hero & how all the focus is on Ings, yet it should really be on this lad.

Very interesting to see us going of him though. I would suggest this link earns our scouts brownie points, as it shows that they're actually going to watch players & making informed decisions, rather than just go0ing for whoever is in fashion

I agree in regards to Walker though. I think he's had a tough time & he's been effected by injury. People were so unnecessarily critical of him this season when, in fact, he actually turned our season around when he 1st came back into the team. Yes, he then faded & some criticism was valid, but folks forget that he had had no pre-season and had been out the game for ages.

I can't see us getting rid of Walker yet, but we desperately need proper cover & competition for him - just look what it's done for Danny Rose! I like Yedlin & want him to succeed, but we may actually view him more as a winger, I'm not sure. It seems that our coaches believe he needs more time to adjust to English football though & seem reluctant to rely on him just yet.
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Airfixx Well-Known Member

Airfixx
    Ratings:
    +1,768 / 30 / -0
    Nice touch. Impressed whenever I've seen him. Hope we can get this one over the line.

Must be causing uncomfortable vibes for Walker, Yedlin & Fredericks though.
  18. SweSpurs massive bellend according to bigdub

SweSpurs
    Ratings:
    +2,289 / 24 / -0
    3.5 for a Englishman?

What year is it?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BrumSpur Well-Known Member

BrumSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,746 / 3 / -0
    Have watched Trippier for two seasons now & always been impressed. Hope this comes off.

Much as I like Kyle Walker, he's never really convinced me. Not saying he's useless, just that we could do better (and I've thought this for a long, long time).
  20. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,141 / 40 / -0
    I believe that Trippier was the one who roasted us when we played them. Yedlin should be tried as a RW. It is by far our weakest position. If we get Trippier we will be loaded at RB.
  21. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    Signing an American to increase revenue/exposure is a horrendous business decision. When will peoeple realize this? As someone who follows the game in this country closely you have no idea how hard the eyes roll when someone suggests this. If that was the goal there's plenty of Asian players out there who would be better options and would spend more on merch.
  22. BlueCrew LA Well-Known Member

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,705 / 16 / -0
    As for Spurs, these types of signings are common. Low cost, low risk and high upside, like Yedlin. When you have an established player you're hoping to regain form, this is the smart move because you could easily loan one of these players out and when it's time to move them recoup the costs of their transfers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,078 / 7 / -0
    I dont know if strong is the correct adjective to use here. Strong support for united, oil sheiks, chavs, gooners, dippers, barca, madrid. Above average support for us. I agree with the rest of your point though. He certainly gained popularity during the world cup and I don't think it was a publicity stunt either.

With regards to the topic, though. Don't know much about this kid, but anyone that can give walker some competition will make both of them better. I imagine Yedlin will go out on loan next year if we buy a right back, which we should. Yedlin is not yet proper competition for Walker.
  24. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +3,449 / 42 / -0
    Quite a few have noticed how good Trippier looks and has been mentioned on here before, so not sure our scouts deserve credit, he has a fantastic workrate and can deliver quality balls, must say I always thought burn out would be a problem for Walker .
  25. StripiestPilot Well-Known Member

StripiestPilot
    Ratings:
    +5,025 / 77 / -0
    Good player, I would be fine with signing him for that price. Good competition for Walker as it seems Yedlin is very raw still.

Fredericks is not going to make it here, he can't even get in the Boro matchday squad.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,335 / 230 / -0
    I am one of those that just doesn't think Yedlin will cut it at RB in the PL.

Walker has so many question marks. I rate him highly, or rather his potential. But Tripper would be a great signing and possibly push Walker out of a starting spot.
  27. RaleighSpur Well-Known Member

RaleighSpur
    Ratings:
    +2,298 / 37 / -0
    Buy one of our best players then bench him...great PR stunt.
  28. mrunderwear Banned !

mrunderwear
    Ratings:
    +277 / 73 / -0
    I watched Trippier, this guys is what we need...

Not just a speed train we looking at here.

Give us Ings, Trippier, Miralles/Barkley
  29. Danfree Well-Known Member

Danfree
    Ratings:
    +905 / 3 / -0
    Benching him probably wasn't the intention but he's obviously not cutting it in training. Poch has shown he's not afraid to take a risk on players so his refusal to play Yedlin must set alarm bells ringing.
  30. Danfree Well-Known Member

Danfree
    Ratings:
    +905 / 3 / -0
    Barkley is never going to happen, Mirallas possibly now we've got some leverage with Azza