Lacina Traore

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by gary_human, Dec 21, 2011.

1. gary_human Well-Known Member

gary_human
    Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    I havent found a link on line to this guy, but was talking with a fulham fan at work about this player, he said his club were in for him, I wonder why we dont go for him, he is big, tall (6 ft 8!) and strong striker and posseses a lot of skill, he has been compared to Emmanuel Adebayor and is from Ivory Coast same as our own Soulemayne Coulibaly. He has also been having a good season for Kuban Krasnodar in his first season in Russian football with 15 goals in 27 games so far. He is young aswell at 21. Surely he could be a striker we go for, maybe we could even swap him with super Pav ?
  2. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 21 / -0
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  3. najt rajder Active Member

najt rajder
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    Looks very interesting. Hell, if he played for Dinamo ZG, he would be priced at 15 mill :), and not 6 like it said in the video
  4. AmericanHotspur Well-Known Member

AmericanHotspur
    Ratings:
    +2,042 / 0 / -0
    Ooh, I remember mentioning this guy during the summer as someone we could go for as an alternative to Leandro.

He's taller than Crouch but he can actually shoot (cannon of a left foot) and he's strong too. Would be very pleased to go for him.
  5. dand Active Member

dand
    Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    He's crap. Before moving to Russia, Traore played for a Romanian team called CFR Cluj; I was reliably informed by a friend of mine who was born in Cluj and hence, a huge supporter of them, that he's utter rubbish. He's not strong as the videos might suggest, quite the opposite he used to be outmuscled and outfought by almost every decent defender in the Romanian league. Tactically inept he always looked lost on the pitch. He had a sort of 'Sandra moment' when he missed a glorious chance against Rome in Ch.League and basically that was when the club's owner decided to ship him urgently to the first interested club. That was Krasnodar which are managed by the former Romanian international and ex-Chelsea player, Dan Petrescu.
    dand,
  6. gary_human Well-Known Member

gary_human
    Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    Im pretty sure he is not "crap". I would think playing all the games he has at his age will only help his development as a footballer. Your friend not a fan then, but im sure all African strikers have had their haters during parts of their early (and later) career. If he got the basic tools to become a top class footballer Im sure a good manager could help him fulfil some of his potential.
  7. wsussexspur Active Member

wsussexspur
    Ratings:
    +238 / 5 / -0
    When we had 6 ft 7 Crouch we resorted to hoof ball Carragher style.

He may be promising but i would rather we invested in a young striker more proven than in the Romanian league. Look at Lukaku, he has had a very slow start at Chelsea and he was tearing up the Belgian league for a spell.

I would like us to look in the German, Italian, Spanish and even Dutch leagues for up and coming stars.
  8. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I feel the same way that we might end up going back to hoof-ball, on top of that I would like a more proven striker as someone has already mentioned.
    Javi,
  9. pzabby Well-Known Member

pzabby
    Ratings:
    +428 / 4 / -0
    please tell me you just forgot to mention the french league...

anyways, from what i saw in this video his finishing is god awful. so many easy missed opportunities. and sure he's 6-8 but the one header he did score was not due to his ability but rather the excellence of the cross. that was fooking ridiculously well placed!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Musashi Well-Known Member

Musashi
    Ratings:
    +997 / 0 / -0
    I presume that's why he's called the New Adebayor?
  11. Davo New Member

Davo
    Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    why on earth would we want another adebayor,i can just picture these two playing upfront,500 passes from vdv,modric and bale and maybe 2 goals between them.I always hear about Coulibaly scoring goals in reserve games/next gen series maybe its time he got a run out in the premier league.
    Davo,
  12. Modric level 25 magician Well-Known Member

Modric level 25 magician
    Ratings:
    +421 / 1 / -0

defoe scored five in a spurs XI game, doesn't mean he's going to do it in the epl (yes, i know he did it against wigan, that will most likely never happen again). I think he'll go out on loan before he gets a run in the team.
  13. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    No chance, far to raw and inexperienced. Has played well in some games but needs to develop more as a player to be ready for the PL. Plus he's having passport/visa problems which is why he's isnt registered on the club site.
  14. wsussexspur Active Member

wsussexspur
    Ratings:
    +238 / 5 / -0

yes i did. The french league has some real diamonds for relatively cheap prices.
  15. edmonds44 Well-Known Member

edmonds44
    Ratings:
    +785 / 3 / -0
    if he's as good as he looks on that video and tipped to be the next 'ade' then why is it only Fulham going in for him?

scouts do their job and if a player is really good or has bags of potential, he would be noticed by the likes of Man Utd etc not Fulham (no disrespect to Fulham)
  16. Hidden Well-Known Member

Hidden
    Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    in RPL he does okey
    Not a genius, but some kind of Adebayor, who doesn't fck up so many moments
    However, I'm not sure his workrate and technical abilities are enough for a top EPL team and I'd prefer Doumbia.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  17. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -0
    not sure why all the hate on adebayor. if you watch any game the striker does not finish every one of his chances. it is totally unrealistic to want any striker to do so, hell even messi fcks up every now and again and he is imo the best in the world. ade is 100000x better than crouch and i am very grateful that city let us loan him, while paying over half of his wages.
  18. Batman i love catnip

Batman
    Ratings:
    +1,324 / 53 / -0
    agreed. Aguero gets more chances than Ade, and therefore has more goals, but misses the same amount of chances as Ade. Does anyone remember Messi's break away miss against Arsenal last year? I think Ade does fluff it a lot (example: Final shot against Chelsea) but he has 9 goals already, creates tons of space for other players, and is the #3 ranked striker on the premier leagues website.... so I think he's doing great.
  19. Hidden Well-Known Member

Hidden
    Ratings:
    +447 / 0 / -0
    I don't have any hate about Adebayor. I just noticed, that he fcks too many chances, nothing more.
    I'm still sure he is better than any of our forwards we had under HR due to wonderful workrate, fighting character, ability to move back in the midfield in search of a ball and holding it, technically solid finishing when he FINDS target etc
    1. Aguero gets more chances? Any statistics proving it? We have one of the best midfields in the league, so I'm not sure Aguero gains much more chances. Mb he CREATES more chances for himself and fcks some of them, but Manu still struggles in it (sometimes looses ball in easy situations / makes not accurate passes / can't run through 2-3 opponents)
    2. Messi? You guys both must be joking comparing accuracy of Ade and Messi. Argentinian lad has about 67-68% in shooting on target overall this season (statistics doesn't include blocked shots). I can't think about any player in Europe who has anything near the same limits (CriRo f.e. has only 53-54%)
    And my words about Lacina didn't mean he is better than Ade or more accurate in finishing. This is a fact, but only in terms of RPL which is much more shiater and weaker than EPL. I'm nearly sure he wouldn't hold such goalrate he has in Kuban even if he will be busted with our strong midfield. Just different levels of football: pressing, defence, physical components...
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  20. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +712 / 182 / -0
    I really like the look of this guy. He's young and on a team in disarray. I think he's the exact kind of striker we need to pair with Defoe and Soldado. He gives us a completely different option. Any new opinions on him or think there's a chance we could go for him?