Latest Stadium News

Discussion in 'Players Lounge' started by contrast, Dec 3, 2010.

1. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,572 / 32 / -0
    the thought of spurs playing anywhere else but whl makes me sick to my stomach,and i wish i could wake up tomorrow and its all been decided.the worst part for me is not knowing and tbh i think it might be out of levys hands,lets be honest when ever has the club put things before money??? never as long as im alive.i will be really sicken if we move to east london,but the one thing i wont be is surprized
  2. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    I disagree entirely with what you've said here mate...what's embarassing is them scumbags being 2-0 up at home and losing 3-2!!!!

On a more serious note, since when did it matter about the size of stadium? 60,000 at Emirates? 55,000 at City of Manchester stadium? 75,000 at Old Trafford? Are you jealous of the Emirates library compared to WHL...? We've proven in the last 4 years, in 2006 when the library opened, that 35,000 fans can outsing/support/cheer any number of plastic fans that the "top 4" have. All of the clubs i've mentioned have plastic fans who don't really care for the club on a level like us Yids do. The size of the stadium means absolutely nothing in the end and up until recently it's never really mattered. I hate the introduction of money to the Prem! Don't get me wrong, I do understand on many levels that having a bigger stadium will benefit Spurs in many ways in the long run with regards to us having high ambitions etc...but money is destroying the Prem, team by team, and i hate it!
  3. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,491 / 3 / -0
    It now matters, due to the high number of people on that season ticket wait list. Those 20,000 fans is money that the club is missing out on thats the bottom line.

I hate how money orientated the world of football is as well, but when were missing out on that many people putting money into the club something has to be done.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. THFCWill i love mister ed and can not lie lol

THFCWill
    Ratings:
    +974 / 0 / -0
    Good post mate. I wish i could disagree with what you say but it seems inevitable :y8:. I'd love the club to progress and not lack behind the others, in terms of money, but the way we're almost forced to do it is something i will never be happy with.
  5. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,491 / 3 / -0
    Well I'm hoping like everyone else here that we progress in Tottenham.
  6. ParkLaneMal Well-Known Member

ParkLaneMal
    Ratings:
    +1,443 / 3 / -0
    Chingfordspurs is not being disrespectful to all you USA Yids. Many of us Spurs Supporters have had generations of our family going to WHITE HART LANE. My dad took me to the Lane when I was about 11. I took my daughter and son when they were around the same ages. I now have a granddaughter and can't wait to take her to WHITE HART LANE. White Hart Lane has been a big part of our lives for generations. I would be absolutely gutted if we left WHL and would rather stay with what we have, than move.
    I would find it very hard to go to watch Spurs on the West Spam patch.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Roscono3 champions league vip Moderator

Roscono3
    Ratings:
    +5,959 / 13 / -0

Couldn't agree more PLM......

Some things are more important than money!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,020 / 38 / -0
    You fkkin should be tho for saying you wouldn't mind moving to Stratford

Everyone who thinks that the OS will be the option because of money have not thought this thru. So many fans will be alienated, the stadium won't fill up like it would if we stayed in Tottenham & the atmosphere? The atmosphere will be the worst in London as you watch as we change from a people's club to a club full of city bods & toffs from the docklands.

And what of merchandise? I certainly won't be buying anything related to the "new" Spurs.

And then there's the most important fact of all, we won't actually own our own stadium. That was 1 of the reasons Portsmouth have almost been put out of business because when the administrators came in to save the club & sell off its assets they quickly realised that the only assets the club owned were the players themselves. It is avery dangerous situation. On top of that we will be paying a rent, so whilst in the short term it might seem incredibly cheap, in the long term we will be forever paying for the right just to stay there. Its an absolute fukkin joke.

People just stop at the "oooh, we save £150m, lovely - think of the players we'll sign!"

BOLLOX.

We might sign some decent players but we'll be relegated before you can snap your fingers. Doesn't matter how good the players you have are, if they don't realise who & what they're playing for it means jack all. Look at how Arsenal struggled to adapt to the Emirates - they've still not won a trophy since being there & the 1st season they went from regular title winners to scraping into the top 4. They had a settled team too & didn't rush off to buy "great players".

We move 8 miles away to Stratford (& in London you have to times that distance by 4 at least) and we won't know who we are, the players will not be motivated to play for the shirt & it will be a total disaster I guarantee it.

You think the size of our stadium is embarrassing? At least we have a stadium & crowd to be proud of. Our stadium is deeply rooted in Tottenham. It inspires the players & the crowd reverberate around it every match-day. Spurs playing in the OS will be far more embarrassing - it will be a humiliation. It will be full of suits eating prawn sandwich & politely clapping when we score a goal, there will be no Spurs colours adorning the shops & pubs as you approach the stadium on match-days, the locals will despise us being there.

I'm NEVER in Stratford. I go up around Tottenham way (up Seven sisters anyway) at least once or twice a week but I actually live closer to Stratford. Everyone who thinks transport will be so great, it is actually EASIER for me to get up to 7 sisters on an average day than it is to get to Stratford, and there is barely much difference from Liverpool St station either. There is an entire borough that separates Tottenham from Stratford. It is totally disgusting to even suggest a move & I would go so far as to say any Yid who supports it does not deserve to call themselves Spurs.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    • Like Like x 4
  9. ParkLaneMal Well-Known Member

ParkLaneMal
    Ratings:
    +1,443 / 3 / -0
    Well said Bass. I honestly feel there will be a big, big exodus of true Spurs Supporters if the OS became reality. I can't see me renewing my season tickets. Could end up doing what Chingfordspurs said and just go to away matches.
  10. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,020 / 38 / -0
    It would boil my blood.

I can feel it simmering away just to hear it mentioned & the steam really starts to rise when I hear anyone calling themselves a Yid try & justify it. I cancelled my Spurs Show subscription the other day (it was free anyway so its not like they'll care) because they said it was understandable.

I would be heartbroken. I'd lock myself away in my bedroom with my Ardiles shirts & old videos of Glenn Hoddle and I don't think I would step foot outside ever again.
  11. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,020 / 38 / -0
    To be honest, after reading such statements coming out of the club, whilst I think we continue letting them know how we feel, I also think that maybe we should shift our attention to the Olympic Legacy Committee & telling them just how bad an idea it would be to vote for Spurs.

Those mugs at AEG didn't bank on us fans, Spurs ain't fkkin going anywhere, not on my watch. We need to send letters to the guys who make the decision, petition them if we need to, rally outside the mayor's office and not outside WHL. Boris is 1 of those who makes the decision & I'm sure if he gets a real taste of the unrest it would cause amongst us Yiddos he will certainly stop to think about awarding us the OS. He is in a position where he HAS to think about things other than money
  12. grottim Well-Known Member

grottim
    Ratings:
    +965 / 3 / -0
    i dunno about everyone else but isn't 56,000 big enough? I mean lets face it our club is pretty much bordering the breakeven point overall in the financials so another 20,000 people will surely send us into a decent amount of profit. Ok we might never be up there with the financial might of man utd or arsenal but still an extra 20,000 season tickets at say minimum £500 a piece is £10mil and it's gonna be more because a season ticket could cost even twice that in a new stadium. Also we're not like man utd we dont have an unlimited fan base and we'll never be the fashionable club to support in North London but for me that's fine because it means we don't attract the "posh" people and we'll retain the special atmosphere we have around WHL.

Anyway i can't actually see us getting the olympic stadium in the first place. West Ham are in the borough, have the backing of UK athletics and aslong as they've got the finances they're getting the stadium meaning that we're staying in Tottenham. It's just a shame we couldnt have got this finalised before the budget cuts because then we would have got some public funding- still we'll just have to take the hit there. Apparently the decisions in march 2011 so i guess we'll just have to cross our fingers but i'm confident we'll be staying at WHL.
  13. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,572 / 32 / -0
    the only season ever that i hope the spammers dont get relegated
  14. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,020 / 38 / -0
    I was worried about that too Ire but it won't make a difference when you think about it for several reasons.

firstly, West Ham will argue that if they win the rights to the OS, they won't occupy it until after 2012, which means if they do get relegated they have at least 2 seasons to get back up again.

They will say that they are of a sufficient size regardless & will point to the likes of Elland Road in the Championship (and was in League 1) with a capacity of 40000 & St. James's Park last season with their capacity in excess of 50000.

Then there's the fact that the Legacy Committe must make their decision early March 2011, almost 2 months before the season's end. Unless West Ham are significantly cut-off (& this Premier League table just does not look that way) there is no way they can make a decision based on who gets relegated or not.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Justice New Member

Justice
    Ratings:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    Lol billynicks getting some biters
  16. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,572 / 32 / -0
    good shout bass,never thought of it not being available till after the olympics lol,kinda of hint in the name in fairness ha ha
  17. ctw01 Well-Known Member

ctw01
    Ratings:
    +2,270 / 16 / -0
    When I read the posts on here it shows how much we care about our roots and identity, I really hope common sense prevails and we stay in our home, its worrying though.
  18. S.L.R Well-Known Member

S.L.R
    Ratings:
    +411 / 0 / -0
    If we move, we have to drop Tottenham from our name, right? So if the club goes by a different name, and plays in Stratford, then it's just a new club, not the club we support now. I would rather watch THFC playing in League 2 than watch Stratford win the prem.
  19. aRTy New Member

aRTy
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I think somebody posted the prem rules here and it said the name might have to change but im not sure. However it wouldn't surprise me if they allowed us to keep our name as others have said there is other teams playing in other boroughs with their oringal name. We shouldn't even be worrying about this as the club should stay where it bloody is lol.
    aRTy,
  20. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,491 / 3 / -0
    Originally Posted by Premier League Rules
    I5. Each Club shall register its ground with the Secretary and no Club shall remove to another ground without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.

I6. In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all thecircumstances of the case and shall not consent unless reasonably satisfied that such consent:
    6.1 would be consistent with the objects of the Company as set out in the Memorandum;
    6.2 would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;
    6.3 would not adversely affect such Club’s Officials, Players, supporters, shareholders,sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;
    6.4 would not have an adverse effect on Visiting Clubs;
    6.5 would not adversely affect Clubs (or Football League clubs) having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and
    6.6 would enhance the reputation of the League and promote the game of association football generally.

read the bits in bold.........and I made it fookin huge so that nobody misses it this time.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede Super Moderators

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +13,572 / 32 / -0
    whats it say mate????,my mince pies aint the best lol
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Essex Spurs New Member

Essex Spurs
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I'm in agreement with Chingford on this one buddy and I'll answer these questions for you.
    1st Yes! Before I married Mission Control, I lived 3 minutes from the ground for all of my life.
    2nd. So many that I've lost count. I recon that I missed about a handfull of matches between 1972 and 1978. Never missed a game between 79 and 90.
    3rd. All of them!
    4th. Read the first 3 answers and you don't need to ask the forth question!
    If you want to know why I've got the Essex moniker, it's because that's where I was living when I joined the forum and no one else had it.

Ask yourself this question and don't take this as an insult. Supposing for example you were a fan of the Chicargo Bulls and you have been to all of their games for years and all of a sudden they moved to Boise Idaho, or even worse Salt Lake City, How would you feel. Even worse - What if they became 'The Tabernacle Bulls'! Whilst the states is a vast area, Where you come from is your roots - Tottenham is THE PRIDE OF NORTH LONDON and NOT East London.
  23. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    I don't really want to go back to this argument and clearly you didn't read my responses after this post. The point of my objection was not to suggest that we should move to East London but that other posters shouldn't dismiss other fans opinion on this matter because they aren't from the area. I've been to hundreds of matches in my life and lived in the area for years. But I would never dismiss someones opinion on the basis of they aren't as good a fan as me. Now if Steelktm or any other fan wouldn't mind to move the club to East London and expressed on the board, I would disagree with them. I don't want Spurs to ever move the club from North London and I would argue with people that have contrary opinion about why it's a bad idea. One thing I wouldn't do in my retort is dismiss their opinion based on the fact that "I'm more of a fan", which is basically the gist of the OP.

That's why I laid out the questions they way I did. I did it to discover what in his view made you fan enough to have an opinion on the matter.
  24. aRTy New Member

aRTy
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the prem rules yet again spursman, lol. I see it says "appropriate" to the local area, so everybody is saying stratford hotspurs blah blah, but maybe that means we could keep our name. Hopefully we don't move at all because that would be aload of tosh!
    aRTy,
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,626 / 13 / -0
    They wouldn't let Woolwich or Wimbledon keep their name .
  26. steelktm New Member

steelktm
    Ratings:
    +673 / 0 / -0
    To counter your point though there is a slight difference between 6 miles and 1600 miles though. ;) However i would prefer spurs to stay in Tottenham because as stated before, 127 years of history there should come first. However i don't know if i would want them to stay there at the expense of the club moving forward to win trophies. If staying at WHL means mid-table for life and the ever odd occasional trophy while moving to the OS site can help the team move forward then i'm not sure how upset i will be on that. Part of this whole deal is that it isn't Levy's decision. I'm sure he is smart enough to know that staying at WHL area is what is important. however if those dill-weeds in the government are going to hold him hostage then he has to do what is best for the club and the stock holders. which in today's terms means the most profit.
  27. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    There isn't.

Thats the point.

Move Tottenham out of Tottenham and we might as well move them to Darlington. 6 miles or 1,600 miles it's still sickening to leave our home.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. P UNIT 1980 Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo Super Moderators

P UNIT 1980
    Ratings:
    +10,255 / 38 / -1
    While it may be cheaper, It will be a fantastic arena. 80 thousand isnt it? Once we add seats where the running track is.
  29. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,491 / 3 / -0
    I know, gotta love that ugly maroon circle around the pitch....reminds me of the scum, and I believe they'd reduce the capacity after the Olympics.

Wouldnt want to go there....but.....I can see us moving there to save a few quid if we dont get the NDP, which obviously wouldnt be worth it.
  30. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    Like I said after speaking to a lot of Yiddo's at the game yesterday. Most of them pinpoint said to me, they would never go to a home match again and only follow what they would only call Spurs away.

That has got to be worrying for Levy?!? Sure we have a cheaper way of getting an extended capacity stadium. But at a cost of what seems a core section of supporters. We could move into a 60,000 capacity stadium and not get the 36,000 attendance we are getting at WHL!!!

Scary times for the club.