Latest Stadium News

Discussion in 'Players Lounge' started by contrast, Dec 3, 2010.

1. S.L.R Well-Known Member

S.L.R
    Ratings:
    +411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it was me who brought up the examples of Millwall, Palace, Rangers, etc, but thinking about it, those clubs moved to locations outside of their original areas in the early twentieth century. They can't be used as examples of how premiership rules work.
  2. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    Prem Rules on are Page SIX, if anybody needs a reference to them.......
  3. woody New Member

woody
    Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    it is a scary time for the club

my da pointed something out to me, if we do stay at WHL, how much longer will that old east stand pass health and safety? it is old and rickety as it is but in 10 years time it will be a real danger to those that sit in it

something needs to be done now and fast

could we not think of a plan c, maybe knocking down the shelf and the park lane and refurbishing them and make them bigger
  4. ParkLaneMal Well-Known Member

ParkLaneMal
    Ratings:
    +1,461 / 3 / -0
    It's made of concrete. Suggest less pre match beers Woody, if the East Stand keeps moving for you.
  5. basskadet VIP Member Moderator

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,038 / 38 / -0
    Actually, reading thru that I think you've missed a MASSIVELY significant point: I6.5 reads that consent for the move will only be granted if it:

would not adversely affect Clubs (or Football League clubs) having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location;

Well, we would almost certainly put Leyton Orient out of business as we would be parking ourselves right on their doorstep. Orient are already concerned about West Ham taking over the stadium but have said that at the moment they are not worried about us because they do not believe we are genuine in our desire to take over the OS (that is quite significant btw as the owners of Leyton Orient are pretty close with ENIC, or tho friends mean nothing in business & that doesn't mean ENIC would tell them exactly what they're planning).

Whatever happens there is absolutely no way we can move from an area where we are effectively rulers to parking ourselves virtually on top of a League 2 football club and not expect it to have any sort of impact on them. I cannot believe the League would be OK with that.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rev John Ripsher Moderator

Rev John Ripsher
    Ratings:
    +4,645 / 13 / -0
    Change is always scary , lets be patient for the time being .
  7. Essex Spurs New Member

Essex Spurs
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Thanks contrast, that was exactly the point I was trying to make.
  8. aRTy New Member

aRTy
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    That's dear Mr Levy knows that loads of fans wouldn't go to home games. If he does then the whole point of moving is a waste of time.
    aRTy,
  9. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    That was the same name being knocked about in the summer regarding our shirt sponsorship . . . .
  10. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    Out of respect for your thread.....I put it in the ITK thread.....cos I know you hate to see them

yeap, the was the case in the summer.....that would be such a massive massive deal if its true.
  11. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,787 / 6 / -0
    And too be honest, Bloomberg Stadium is a lot better than it could be!!
  12. USpur Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,281 / 5 / -0
    I'll quickly make a comment so Contrast's response to the comment moved to the ITK thread doesn't seem too crazy...

Are we able to sell seating rights to the new stadium? I'm not all that familiar with the idea but I believe the new Medowlands stadium, for the American football Jets/Giants, had a chunk of it paid by seating rights. With the large waiting list for seats at the Lane this would surely help pay for a portion of the new, on-site stadium, right?
  13. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    Heres the ITK that I removed from here

jurgenthegerman on COYS

Am told allegedly Bloomberg

Quote:
    have offered £150m for the naming rights on the WHL development......... wonder if true that might change the economics

USpur....yes the 150 million would leave 300 million left for the NDP, 100 of that coming from Sainsbury's for the lease of the Supermarket..so that would leave 200 million left to funded
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  14. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    OK I didn't want to say anything because it's all rumors but.....

I had a little conversion with my boss who knows I'm a Spurs fan and he said that there are several American companies looking to invest in Spurs. Mainly as you pointed out Bloomberg, one thing not mentioned is that it'll be in accordance with a certain tech company. It could also be a naming rights deal along with a long term kit sponsor. That's all you get....:y7:

Also, are you sure about that figure from Sainsbury? Because I hear conflicting things.

I'm in the process of writing an article about the stadium we can talk about it more when it's done.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    Well it was known that Bloomberg was interested in investing over the summer, and could have been our sponsor this season. You're saying his investment will be followed up by a tech company as an investor as well right?

The 100 million is just word of mouth, but it does sound quite expensive for a lease.
  16. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    BlueCrew

have a read through this.....and let me know what you make of it

£450m is the gross headline figure put around by folks in order to hype the THFC investment in the NDP. It should be unpacked.

The net requirements for future finance should subtract the projected profits made from the supermarket, the hotel & residential complex, and the costs so far of the NDP, including fees and property purchases. They are therefore significantly smaller: say £300m, perhaps £350m, perhaps less, bearing in mind the lower construction costs in the current climate. This net cost would be made up from the stadium itself, the cost of compulsory property purchases and the various planning obligations.

(£100m sounds excessive for the supermarket lease -- over what period? -- but these things may be calculated in different ways.)

We can be sure Joe Lewis wouldn't donate £100m just like that, but ENIC/Tavistock might underwrite a share issue to the tune of, what, up to £75m? Then there's the sale of seating rights, though is that a going concern? There may be other rights the new man Charlie Wijeratna is negotiating, say to the tune of £25m? Or more?

Add all that to the putative £150m naming rights deal, and the remaining £50m - £100m could be found through a bond issue. We want to control financing costs and we already have a net debt (mostly from the property purchases related to the NDP so far) of £64m (~ £80m including the CRPS thingies), which is easily manageable but I imagine we wouldn't want it to go too much higher.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Right, and that's just one. I've been doing research for some things that we're doing in Southeast Asia and all the heavyweights out there are looking at western sports teams to sponsor or even buy.
  18. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Pretty correct but nobody can know for sure until we we apply for a loan and get a true valuation on our assets. He's basically correct in how he differentiates between the different parts of NDP and flex costs are always a factor with something this big.

That would make that number seem more realistic, still it's hard to imagine and thing over £70m. He's not that far off but there's alot of "ifs" in what he's saying.
  19. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    When would you expect us to apply for the loan for whatever cash we needed?
  20. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    Also we would still be getting a loan. Which the supermarket, hotel, houses etc would go to paying off. Very little of the money that we get from building those things will be in a lump sum, the majority will be differed so a loan will still be necessary.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    After the supermarket is built. It makes sense because that's why it's the only phase that the board has released. When your getting a big loan you tend not to telegraph your moves, so the fact that they only released the first phase "building the supermarket", speaks volumes.

• Like Like x 1
  22. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
  23. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
  24. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    A fella on a different forum had this to say about this news

"I did a 5 months stint at Barclays in the spring and I had heard the same thing from a couple of employees there.

I also heard they might loan us the dosh to build the stadium at a very good rate - hence why I asked at the time if anyone knew if they were a Bank or Investment company."
    • Like Like x 1
  25. CmonyouSpurs Well-Known Member

CmonyouSpurs
    Ratings:
    +1,584 / 0 / -0
    MASSIVE STADIUM NEWS:

New Stadium Plans Update
    The Club can now confirm that the Secretary of State has written to the London Borough of Haringey and to English Heritage stating that he does not propose to call in the planning and listed building consent applications for the Northumberland Development Project. English Heritage had previously indicated to the Secretary of State that they no longer have any objections to the proposals and are similarly content for Haringey to determine the applications. The Mayor of London has already indicated that he is content for Haringey to determine the applications without his involvement.

We now await the completion of a S106 with Haringey Council. We shall continue to keep you updated as we progress our new stadium plans.

New Stadium Plans Update - News - Tottenhamhotspur.com
    • Like Like x 3
  26. willk9 New Member

willk9
    Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    The latest news sounds good. Somthing positive about the northumberland development. But does anyone know what this s106 is?
  27. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,512 / 3 / -0
    I'd pull it up but I'm in class but I know the 106 is in another thread
  28. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,546 / 16 / -0
    It gives Haringey the right to demand with any construction project to do unrelated improvements for the good of the community. Basically the Secretary of state just said that what Spurs have offered to do is sufficient, and recommend that nothing else be added.
    • Like Like x 6
  29. USpur Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,281 / 5 / -0
    So...this is good?
  30. SE YIDO Active Member

SE YIDO
    Ratings:
    +178 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like great news, I really don't think Levy is stupid enough to go near the Olympic Stadium, so roll on the new WHL :D