Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Yid_1984, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
    Tottenham to sign Lucas Moura? Odds drop from 28/1 to 5/4 in three days
    Speculation linking Tottenham Hotspur to winger Lucas Moura has sent the betting markets into overdrive.

Oddschecker report that Tottenham have been slashed from 28/1 to 5/4 on to sign the PSG winger in the last three days.

62 per cent of bets over the last 24 hours on Lucas' future have been placed on Tottenham.

Manchester United are second favourites at 4/1.

Oddschecker spokesperson George Elek said: “Tottenham are dominating the market when it comes to Lucas Moura’s next club, attracting over 60% of all bets on the Brazilian’s next club."
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I really liked the idea of us signing Moura when I didn't see it as viable. But now we are being quite heavily linked with him I'm suddenly less enthusiastic. It's easy to see the virtues in players when not considering if they are the best fit for us. But when I think about it, I would much rather sign Mahrez or even Felipe Anderson. Moura is obviously a good player, but I think our next attacking signing has to be someone pretty special. I think we just lack that one magician type of player that can win us games, like Mahrez. Moura is close to that, but not quite in my opinion. If we are going for someone who isn't quite at that level, I'd rather go for Anderson as I think he keeps the ball better and puts in a better shift defensively.
  3. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    I dont hate the idea of this guy, but I wonder where he fits. Would we get rid of Lamela if we get him?
  4. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    The thing about Mahrez is that he is more like what we already have. And not much of a defender either I don't think. We're looking for someone who can give us another look so we can play a different style when we need to. Felipe Anderson I don't know anything about.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    I think Mahrez has the X factor we are missing in terms of opening teams up in the final third. We've got Son's direct running, Ali's drifting into space and flicks, Eriksen's passing, but we lack that player who can beat a couple of defenders in tight space.
  6. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the odds. He’s listed as 1/4 to leave PSG this window and 11/4 to stay. So highly likely to leave. But in terms of destination clubs, there’s us at 3/1, Man U at 4/1, and a couple of clubs at 22/1. That sure doesn’t add up to 1/4. It seems like there’s a huge All Other bucket in there.
  7. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,538 / 16 / -0
    Malcom or Moura?
    According to stories, we are close to signing both but we'll probably only sign one.
    Who would you take if you could only pick one?

Both are very exciting players with plenty of technical ability & speed.
    I felt Malcom, being 5 years younger, may have a bigger upside. Still feel he's far too reliant on his left foot (or is not very strong with his right) much like Lamela. Though he is very dynamic.

Moura & Aurier are apparently very close from Aurier's days at PSG. Also lined up on the same side of the pitch where their interplay was very good.
  8. delboy57 Well-Known Member

delboy57
    Ratings:
    +437 / 10 / -0
    Either would make me happy!
    I am reading that Malcolm is close and as a result there are quite a few pissed off gooners!
  9. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Malcom just to upset ARSEnal
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. teedee Well-Known Member

teedee
    Ratings:
    +1,104 / 22 / -0
    I would not be at all surprised if Chelsea or Man Utd try to tempt him away with a bigger offer, just to keep him from signing for us. Let's hope not, eh?
  11. Yid_1984 Well-Known Member

Yid_1984
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 88 / -0
    ManU are happy with Sanchez and Chelsea are too busy trying to sign Andy Carroll and/or Peter Crouch :D
  12. white hart pain Active Member

white hart pain
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I heard Chelsea might be interested in a Burnley striker... I mean damn, it's like they'll sign almost anyone under Conte. It's a bit wierd, if not refreshing tbh.. can't decide which.
  13. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -0
    He’s clearly available & affordable, bloody sign him Levy & Poch, both Moura & Aurier clearly had a very good chemistry at PSG & would fit perfectly at Spurs, a lot better than bloody Sissoko does, this for me is the one deal we should be moving heaven & earth to get done, hopefully Levy didn’t piss off too many PSG officials getting the SA deal done, if not pick the bloody phone up & make it happen !!!!!!!
  14. Shacklebolt 'Ello

Shacklebolt
    Ratings:
    +1,767 / 32 / -0
    I got the feeling PSG were happy getting SA out of there to be honest.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ginola'sWhiteHeart Well-Known Member

Ginola'sWhiteHeart
    Ratings:
    +1,538 / 16 / -0
    It didn't turn out as such a bad thing for us. He's been rather useful here.
    As for Moura, they have admitted that they no longer have any use for him.
    I believe we would again be that Moura, Malcom, or Neves.
  16. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,144 / 33 / -0
    From the players we have been connected to I would take him in a heartbeat.

Seems to have brilliant close control and I could totally see him sqeezing himself between some bigger-built EPL players (or at least draw fouls if nothing more) :) . Regarding Malcom - the jury is out there. I talked with my friend who is Ligue 1 fan and he said that Malcom seems promising, but not nearly ready to switch to team like Spurs. He also called he N'Koudou deal perfectly right - said from day 1 that we are chasing wind and this player will not have impact in Spurs. I trust his opinion and just remembered case of Florian Thauvin. He was brilliant in Ligue 1, never got close to finding his feet in EPL, and has been in hot from since the return to France again. And there have been lot more like he. I believe that you have to be able to basically set Ligue 1 fire before you come to EPL (like Giroud did - top scorer; like Hazard did; like Payet did-assist king). Those that show flashes here and there have usually returned sooner rather then later.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. mr whitey Well-Known Member

mr whitey
    Ratings:
    +2,315 / 31 / -0
    Apparently Thauvin decided he wanted out of Newcastle within a couple of weeks of arriving having not even played for them. He just hated it there and put no effort in. He only played 420 mins in total. I find it very hard to believe a player of his quality isn't good enough to play at a top Prem club.

The thing with GNK was that you didn't even need to watch him play for a single minute to be very confident he wouldn't succeed. Logic dictates that you can't by a brilliant youngster from a big French club, just one year into his contract, seemingly unopposed, for just 12 million euros.
  18. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Shacklebolt 'Ello

Shacklebolt
    Ratings:
    +1,767 / 32 / -0
    The few times I’ve seen Lucas Moura I always thought he was a bit too much of a crowd pleaser with heel flicks and so on.
    However, he is pacey as f*ck. Might even be faster than Walker. Also I was quite surprised he scored 19 goals in 36 apps last season.

I guess this is as good as a ”bargain” we’ll get in January. Lucas has been in the freezer since Neymars arrival and he’ll probably be very motivated to move on and prove his worth.

My only worry would be how he handles a rainy night in Stoke etc. Anyhow, the quoted figures are around 25m and he was bought for 38m 6 years ago. Add to that that he’s still quite young and might have some room for development with the right coach.

Malcolm definately has the higher ceiling but he won’t be available until summer and he’ll cost twice as much.

I’d be happy with any of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    He's definitely off as Rabiot was wearing his #7 shirt last night in their cup game
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Del Boy N17 Active Member

Del Boy N17
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -0
    Still have a feeling he’ll end up at either Arsenal or Chelsea
  22. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Totally off the subject, but I think the heel flick is the best play in football. So he can fire away as far as I'm concerned.
  23. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    He's down to 5/6 at Ladbrokes and the other sports books seem to have closed the betting on him. I think we just might sign him.
  24. BC87X Well-Known Member

BC87X
    Ratings:
    +1,261 / 36 / -0
    This looks to be as good as done and even though I preferred Neres to him and Maclom I think he fits the profile that Poch has been chasing for 2+ years now. He might not be as direct of a goal thread, but he certainly posses all the tools to become that next year with a proper pre-season. He has pace and trickery, something we have severely lacked the last couple of season and he brings a abundance of both. He will probably be a great impact player until the rest of the season be it coming of the bench or starting and providing an element of attack we and opponents simply haven't seen from us in recent time.

I personally put him in same bracket as Mane, Salah, and Sterling. He is also younger then both Mane and Salah, even thought it seems he is much older since he has been around for so long, which is why I can see why Poch and Levy choose to go with Lucas right now. He simply has been around for considerably longer then our other targets who are having break through season in similar fashion to the N'brothers even if they seem more talented. Lucas simply has experience on his side on top of being at a top club that plays on to a different and more similar standard to us with pressure to perform and win being paramount.

Also a huge bonus is the fact that he can also be registered in our CL squad since he hasn't played for PSG in the CL this season, which is somewhat overlooked. He could play a huge role in us progressing, especially in that tricky away leg where his pace becomes an extremely dangerous weapon on the counter, hell maybe we might even see a repeat of that Lennon run in Milan that got us through last time around.

Last but not least, because I love stats so much here is a statistical comparison between the aforementioned players from last season.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. TheSpurEST Well-Known Member

TheSpurEST
    Ratings:
    +1,144 / 33 / -0
    Totally agreed.
    The way I see is that we would be basically buying Coutniho level player for 4x smaller price...
    I mean his numbers from Brazil squad are the same, he is as old and as fast as Coutinho, but has played on higher level than Coutinho in reality...

Some ppl suggesting he could go somewhere else (saw scum and chavs mentioned) - which I doubt - World cup is coming up, and in Chelsea and ManU he would bearly get time. Not to mention Shitty. Arse is very uncertain and ... basically dumpster fire... so it really leaves us and dippers. Those would be only 2 teams in Englad to where the move would make sense. Basically for us he is guaranteed to get ~1700 minutes with 2nd half of the season (100% of Sissoko minutes, no sane person would prefer Siss to Moura). If he performs well in that time he could make it to plane to Russia for summer. Also he should be very ready and eager to play given how small his playing time in PSG has been so far.

WRAP IT UP. FAST LEVY !!!

P.S - he seems to be on 90k per week in PSG. That is affordable for us. Would not require breaking wage structure either. So comeeeeee oooooon!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  26. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
  27. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    I'm hearing Anal, Manure & Chavs all passed on the chance to negotiate with him.
    He's a good player but I think we should pass on him too. I'd prefer either Mahrez or Zaha tbh.
    The stats posted above look ok but are for last season. Sterling was toilet back then, Mane was injured for a chunk of it & Salah has been nothing short of a revelation so far this season for the Poo so comparing him to them 12 months ago is a bit false imo.
    So far this season, 2017-18, Lucas Moura has played just 70mins for PSG, mostly coming on as a sub in domestic cup games.
    Compare that to the above 3 as of now & then, perhaps, the picture becomes a bit clearer.
    All that said it looks like he's coming to us, I hope I'm wrong about him & that he (& some of u) ram my negative comments down my throat & I wish him all the best in the Lilywhite of THFC.
    My fingers & toes r crossed!!!
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  28. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Shoot, I was just going to say that I wanted Malcom, but since everyone else likes Moura I'd cheer along... I'll take a positive attitude. He's a mature player out of the bargain bin. PSG are throwing him away for no discernible reason. Might turn out well.
  29. AlabamaSpur Well-Known Member

AlabamaSpur
    Ratings:
    +1,360 / 60 / -0
    I think he will definitely come out with a point to prove
  30. The Slikmeister Active Member

The Slikmeister
    Ratings:
    +393 / 10 / -0
    Fcukin hope so!!!