Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Transfer News' started by Yid_1984, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Hazza Well-Known Member

Hazza
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 20 / -0

After seeing Sanchez leave and being able to do very little about it, the players they've brought in, as well as sorting out Ozils contract is a pretty good window really.
  2. pistols_at_dawn Well-Known Member

pistols_at_dawn
    Ratings:
    +876 / 22 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PhildoVT Active Member

PhildoVT
    Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -0
    Why do you keep calling him Les? I'd assume I'm missing something, but you seem to be the only one calling him that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    That's cause that's what I call him, Moura Les. It's a joke from several years back when Utd wanted him (Liverpool had Lucas, so United were going to sign Lucas, Moura Less). A bad joke, perhaps, but I keep myself amused & it's easier than typing his real name :D
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't be celebrating. I don't think it really covers the hole left by Sanchez at all, especially combined with Giroud's goals. They probably did about as well as they could, but if I were a Gooner I'd still be miffed at the way they handled Sanchez's contract.

And let's see how good Aubemayang is in the Prem. He's good in the Bundesliga, but he hasn't been his best this season at all and Lacazette was brilliant in Ligue 1 but hasn't been pulling up trees yet. The problem they've got is, by losing Sanchez & letting Walcott & Giroud go this window, they NEED Aubemayang & Mkhitaryan to hit the ground running, & even if they do, they've still lost an awful lot of goals, and that's ALWAYS dangerous
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  6. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Laca is also going to have to play wide now? Can't really see a formation for them where all 4 of their offensive talents are at their best.
  7. BrakeYawSelf Well-Known Member

BrakeYawSelf
    Ratings:
    +1,401 / 235 / -0
    A little upset they got Mkhitaryan. I think he can still turn into a very good player and is someone I would have wanted at Spurs. But I don't think Arse is as good today as they were last week as far as this season goes. They could still turn out great a year or 2 down the line though with these moves. A lot depends on Mkhitaryan, maybe more than Aubameyang.

I am very happy with got Moura at 25 mil. High hopes. He could be such a key to unlocking defenses than sit in their hole.
  8. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    I just really question why they went for Aubameyang now. It's clearly a fan appeasement exercise, but he can't play in Europe, which is their best route into the UCL now, and they already had Giroud scoring goals. Aubameyang is going to have to come and immediately outscore Giroud, not just match his goal return but beat it considerably and that's not even taking Sanchez into account.
  9. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    Plus they are on a relatively short clock for success. Auba, Miki and Ozil are all 28+.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    on absolutely ridiculous wages....Ozil's new deal is 340k a week!!
  11. Mattads1882 Well-Known Member

Mattads1882
    Ratings:
    +1,549 / 33 / -0
    That's desperate
  12. spursman18 Super Moderators

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +13,025 / 28 / -0
    Started following him on instagram and I already love the guy. Really enthusiastic and likeable character, he'll fit in well with our bunch
  13. ehh56 Well-Known Member

ehh56
    Ratings:
    +1,438 / 51 / -0
    Arsenal have officially taken the prize as the worst run club in football.
  14. madmike Well-Known Member

madmike
    Ratings:
    +628 / 12 / -0
    Ozil and Sanchez both had an agreement. We will both threaten to leave, the one that goes will go cheap and get a massive pay rise and the one that stays will get a matching deal.
    340k is ridiculous.

Mike
  15. bfwolf Well-Known Member

bfwolf
    Ratings:
    +2,809 / 73 / -0
    Arsenal are in 6th place and desperate and are making desperate moves. Does not bode well for them.
  16. basskadet VIP Member

basskadet
    Ratings:
    +7,981 / 69 / -0
    Amazing how I've been watching/listening Transfer Window "reviews" all day. Every one is talking about Sanchez at United and Aubameyang in the Arse but I've not even heard Lucas Moura mentioned once! Poor old Les, the forgotten man! To be Honest, it's no bad thing as the pressure on him is eased by his relatively light transfer fee and the apparent lack of focus on him. However, on paper I think he's the signing of the window! I watched Gab Marcotti give his "transfer grading" on YouTube where he was given a list of "all the buig transfers of the window. He gave the Aubameyang to Arse move just a C grade, and argued the point perfectly, but of a list of over 10 names, Lucas Moura wasn't even on it!
  17. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    I was thinking the same thing last night when i was listening to the radio coverage of the transfer deadline. Seemingly every trasnfer was spoken of in some capacity, but neither Lucas nor Tottenham were brought up. Like you said, probably a good thing. It keeps the pressure off
  18. FLYank Active Member

FLYank
    Ratings:
    +192 / 4 / -0
    The Scum were going to lose Sanchez on a free in the summer. The fact that they got anything for him (especially a player) is already a win for them. The fact that they let themselves get put into that position in the first place is on them of course, and they got far less then they could have. Ozil at $340k means offloading him will be next to impossible unless he turns into Messi Jr. or accepts a massive pay cut And even if he screws up, he knows they cannot sell him, so easy money. Remember how hard it was getting rid of Audebayor? I spent like 2 seasons trying to offload him in FM15 due to his 100k wage and had to let him run out his contract because he was more than happy to sit on his ass and collect a paycheck. The game got it right.

I don't actually know anything about Moura since I don't follow PSG, but based on his experience and pace and today's market, 25M seems cheap enough to take a punt. With PSG desperate to satisfy FFP, we might even be able to steal a few more players over the summer.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Shacklebolt 'Ello

Shacklebolt
    Ratings:
    +1,767 / 32 / -0
    I do hope they scripted that in to the game code just for the laugh of it. Too good to be true.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Jaggeh Active Member

Jaggeh
    Ratings:
    +304 / 6 / -0
    They don't need to script that sort of thing for specific players. The reason is that the game has various hidden stats for players such as ambition, sportsmanship etc. Sports Interactive (the creators) have loads of "scouts" around the world that generate a massive amount of data that they model the players stats on. They can quite often being scarily accurate.

So with some players (like Ade) they may have a low ambition and this can manifest as only playing well when motivated (Ade/Sherwood) but don't put the effort in regularly and they don't care if they don't played if they're being paid. Which is why I also had problems getting rid of Ade. :) I think I managed to offload him pretty much for free but ended up paying most of his wages :(

In the case of Moura in FM15 he tears it up. Hopefully real life will mirror the game and he'll be awesome for us :)