Malaysia

Discussion in 'In the Know ( ITK )' started by contrast, May 29, 2015.

1. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,910 / 6 / -0
    For someone reason - access to posting ITK stuff has been stopped in the big thread! Bless.

Back from Malaysia - who knew it was a bitch of a trip taking 19 hours each way!!! Big parties have moved onto Sydney - but not everyone. Some need to get Aaron Lennon a new club, haha! A Beattle for a Belgian Chocolate if you like.

Nothing to really add to what I haven't already - catching up on local press, it seems what I posted last week has been confirmed - Schneiderlin won't be a Spurs player, Konoplyanka is up in the air and we're in for Ings. I must tell you now, the £12m story is wrong. It's genuinley closer to £1.2m . . . think of the Holtby deal from Schalke. £1.2m is much more than any compensation package the courts will decide upon, so is a smart move. Ings is in demand, but Levy hasn't gone mad overnight!

The trip mostly consisted of talks about the young Spurs lads about the place. Fredericks, Pritchard, Walker-Peters, Yedlin, Alli etc. It seems with Europa League now confirmed, a lot of League clubs will be given a disappointing message in the next week or so as we retract loan negotiations. I think we'll see a much more 'youthful' side head into Europe next year, whilst big first XI names stay here as we make a more defined push for the Top 4. A change of tactic, but after the Kane/Mason sucess of getting players involved at competitive levels in a Lilywhite shirt, it's hardly surprising.

A bit of talk about this Bentley chap at Southend too, but I think every club within 100 miles of London are having a look. Would he want to go from hero to Lloris understudy? Not at his age, I don't think.

Cheers
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thfcire Unit and river the human centipede

thfcire
    Ratings:
    +14,573 / 46 / -0
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse contrast is now a bleeding itk
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Well I don't know his personal circumstances, but if he forked out to go and support 1 game in Malaysia, that is at least worth a round of applause in my book.
  4. pompower Well-Known Member

pompower
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 19 / -0
    Nope.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mrunderwear Banned !

mrunderwear
    Ratings:
    +277 / 73 / -0
    Townsend was outstanding for this match..

Just dont understand why Poch not playing him more regularly, give him a shot, he terrorise defence like Hazard does

Rather than give time to Lamela, we should stick w Townsend ..

Townsend, Ings , DM , proper CB, Trippier
    • Like Like x 1
  6. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,910 / 6 / -0
    How insightful.

Go on, explain your reasoning? Don't be afraid.

I'll tell you why you're wrong and I'm right though before you exercise that brain of yours too soon.

A Little while ago I sat on the tribunal case for Rolando Aaron's court settlement for his transfer to Newcastle United to Bristol City. Bristol City were awarded a much bigger compensation than everyone expected for two reasons.

1) He was offered a contract by Bristol City
    2) He had come through the Academy/Centre of Excellence at Bristol City

Bristol City were effectively compensated for the time spent developing, educating and supporting Rolando through the academy.

Danny Ings started life at Southampton, before joining the Centre of Excellence at AFC Bournemouth. He TRANSFERED to Burnley for a FEE some years back. He never came through the Burnley academy, and was part of their first team from the off, so they will not be compensated for academy costs.

Now if we were talking about Ings never joining Burnley, and were stricly talking Bournemouth, maybe that fee would go above £1.2m . . . as it is - It won't.

The more you know.

EDIT- just to add, Burnley paid very little over £1m themselves, so wnot expect to
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. contrast Welcome back Contrast!

contrast
    Ratings:
    +2,910 / 6 / -0
    Didn't pay a penny mate.
  8. mrunderwear Banned !

mrunderwear
    Ratings:
    +277 / 73 / -0
    Micah Richards on free transfer ? Surely given regular playing time, he be even more solid than Vertonghen is
  9. USspur Well-Known Member

USspur
    Ratings:
    +1,290 / 12 / -0
    Comparing Townsend to Hazard is delusional...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. DragonSpur Well-Known Member

DragonSpur
    Ratings:
    +464 / 5 / -0
    Did you have to rub it in? ;)
  11. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    ha ha.......have you not joined the rest of us in the real world yet, compared with mr underpants world......? that's a crazy place you're getting involved with!
  12. ParkLaneMal Well-Known Member

ParkLaneMal
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 7 / -0
    Absolutely right, Hazard ain't that good. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Don Diaz Well-Known Member

Don Diaz
    Ratings:
    +6,334 / 54 / -0
    Nice, if you ever want someone to carry your bags.........? I assume a nice connection along the line somewhere.
  14. mrunderwear Banned !

mrunderwear
    Ratings:
    +277 / 73 / -0
    Those who think that Lamela is our saviour or better than Townsend is silly
  15. BigDub Leg end !

BigDub
    Ratings:
    +5,657 / 45 / -0
    Those who think that Townsend is our saviour or better than Lamela are silly
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Marsh Well-Known Member

Marsh
    Ratings:
    +1,577 / 16 / -0
    Just on Dan Bentley, as far as I'm aware he's happy to stay at Southend for another year.
    Guess he'd probably be tempted by Chelsea, Arsenal and maybe us, but I doubt he goes to West Ham or the Championship clubs that are after him.
  17. LukeDanielHotspur Well-Known Member

LukeDanielHotspur
    Ratings:
    +444 / 21 / -0
    Were we watching the same game? The game where Townsend couldn't keep hold of the ball? The game where he got subbed at half time because he was having a bad game? The lad who plays brilliant for England but not even half for Spurs? The boy who's been given so many chances at Spurs he keeps blowing over and over again? I know full well you'll argue with me which is understandable but Townsend is not a top player we all thought he would be, I wanted to see Townsend do well and impress me in that game but once again I was left disappointed, Tom Carroll made up for it though
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Zaop TH.TV Marathon Kid

Zaop
    Ratings:
    +1,447 / 3 / -0
    I'm not sure if I'd like to have any Bentley in our club for at least ten years. Fresh memories...
    Zaop,
    • Funny Funny x 1