Mayweather vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Javi, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Now I know we all want to see Mayweather vs Pac but lets face it not gonna happen so this might be the next big thing.

Victor Ortiz

29 Wins (22 knockouts), 2 Losses , 2 Draws

Floyd Mayweather Jr

41 Wins (25 knockouts, 16 decisions), 0 Losses, 0 Draws

I won't buy this fight but might be interesting.
    Javi,
  2. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I said it once and I will say it again **** MAYWEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Javi,
  3. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 21 / -0
    trying to find a stream
  4. spursman18 Moderator

spursman18
    Ratings:
    +11,549 / 3 / -0
    It's already over.
  5. melbourne_spur Well-Known Member

melbourne_spur
    Ratings:
    +287 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't mess around lol
  6. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Was never in any doubt whatsoever..........Ortiz just in it for the pay check, as expected.
  7. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Protect yourself at ALL TIMES!
  8. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 21 / -0
    now fight pacquiao p****
  9. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Best part about the fight "IF I WAS 50 YEARS YOUNGER I WOULD KICK YOUR ASS" ~ Larry Merchant.

The headbutt should not have happened I agreed but the ref hadn't even called time yet in my opinion. A disgrace to themselves and to boxing. You can't call yourself a man by cheap shot. The ref still hadn't called time and looked back isn't his eyes supposed to be on the two fighters at all times?
    Javi,
  10. Reserrved Well-Known Member

Reserrved
    Ratings:
    +1,803 / 21 / -0
    just seen it. typical of mayweather. ortiz was looking at the ref the entire time. dumb of him nonetheless
  11. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Let me add something.... wasn't Cortez supposed to follow the rules as a referee that every fighter shall go to their corners?
    Javi,
  12. rossdfc Well-Known Member

rossdfc
    Ratings:
    +3,242 / 1 / -0
    Was watching the rugby so missed the fight, just seen what happened - LOL :laughter:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. balooga999 Well-Known Member

balooga999
    Ratings:
    +474 / 14 / -0
    I was rooting for Floyd but boxing has lost all credibility, that was such a farce, for the G.O.A.T. that was a weak move. Thank gawd there is still MMA around.
  14. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Play to the whistle, It's never over to the fat lady sings, Always protect yourself, etc. You can complain all you want but nothing of what Mayweather did was illegal. I'm hesitant to even call it a cheap shot, a cheap shot would have been after the bell while he was walking to his corner, not this.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    It still looked liked I was watching WWE tho:p.
    Javi,
  16. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Well are you not entertained!!!!
  17. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    They could of at least taken it to round 7 lol.
    Javi,
  18. balooga999 Well-Known Member

balooga999
    Ratings:
    +474 / 14 / -0
    There is also sportsmen ship and boxing has lost that, sadly it's become a street brawl and circus. For once may be it can take a lesson from MMA who uphold it as a part of their competitive culture because tonight it seems Floyd got his training regimen from an SNL skit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
  19. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    He was going to lose anyways. Don't feel bad for him, what's the purse on this fight, 20+ million?
  20. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I knew he was probably going to loose anyways but at least there was some push. Yeah 20 million in his pocket, none of the bookies I know were taking bets on this fight lmao.
    Javi,
  21. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Mayweather was unsporting but so was Ortiz, no way that headbutt wasn't accidental. If you've ever boxed, you'd know how much an unintentional or intentional headbutt hurts, especially when the opponent uses the top of his head like Ortiz.

I'll watch MMA but personally I don't see it as the equivalent of a big boxing match. Also I disagree that MMA is more sporting/classy then boxing when you have characters like Kimbo Slice and Brock Lesnar shooting steroids in every available vein. To me there's nothing more unsporting then when your opponent is artificially enhancing himself. Even though they "test" in MMA, it's clear that a few guys are juicing.
  22. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Mayweather planned this fight no doubt about that , if you look at some of Ortiz's fights he does the same thing get close and rush in. No doubt Miss May knew about this and took advantage of it.

In defense to MMA Brock Lesnar and Kimbo Slice got their asses handed to them quite a few times lol.
    Javi,
  23. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Come on, so you're blaming the fact he was headbutted on Mayweather being shady? If anyone planned anything it was Ortiz. Sorry, I'm not buying that one hombre.
  24. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I am actually giving him some credit for studying his opponent. Both men are still chumps:p.
    Javi,
  25. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    Fair enough if that's your opinion, but to me it's a stretch to say that Mayweather planned this. Mayweather is a boxer, that was his plan.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    Well have to agree to disagree, if he was truly a boxer in my opinion he would have no problem getting in the ring with the Pac Man, if Pac took the test after the fight and tested positive for some illegal substances if he won the fight then he would easily get discredited and the fight would go to Mayweather. A part of being a champ is giving the people what they want to see.
    Javi,
  27. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    I meant "boxer" as in that's his style. He's a technical fighter or "Boxer", those types of fighters whole gameplan consist of wearing you down over time. It's just unlikely to me that he would ever plan to be headbutted. To me it's analogous to looking at that Arsenal v Blackburn match and saying Blackburn planned for those own goals. Even though the way Arsenal are playing lately it wouldn't surprise you if they concede an own goal, to say that someone went into a match planning for that is a little silly, it's the same way I see this headbutting issue.

Also, Mayweather might be ducking Pacquiao but I never understand how people readily dismiss the idea that Pacquiao might be juicing. Personally, I've always questioned whether he was, people just don't put on the type of mass he has that quickly. It could be legitimate but I'm not ruling it out, people never give Mayweather the benefit of the doubt because they don't like him.

[​IMG]
  28. balooga999 Well-Known Member

balooga999
    Ratings:
    +474 / 14 / -0
    Absolutely Ortiz head butted on purpose that's why a point was taken away and if he had continued to do it he would have been DQ'd, it was unsporting and Ortiz paid the price with the point. The difference is Ortiz immediately acknowledged that he was wrong and repeatedly apologized for his mistake and was hit in the act of sportsman ship...even as a big fan of Floyd I can't support that. And MMA isn't a boxing match thank gawd, it has some sanity, decency, and sportsman ship; even characters like Brock and Kimbo (though not the face of the sport) demonstrate more respect than what I saw in the ring tonight; if something like this transpired in an MMA ring there would be heads rolling. And I hate to say it buddy but you have totally lost the script if you think MMA guys juice (they do) and boxing guys don't (they do). Boxing has been flushed with PED's long before most of our births and is still very much flushed with it today, so lets not bring that up as a statute of sporting integrity because a number of high profile sports ,boxing being at the fore front, could easily be accused (with good reason) for such acts.
  29. Javi Well-Known Member

Javi
    Ratings:
    +3,623 / 1 / -0
    I don't dismiss the idea of Pac using substances, especially some from his native country that we might now know about and could be legal. Still hes ducking Pac and not being a champ.

Ah come on it can't be that silly a fight can easily be staged .
    Javi,
  30. BlueCrew LA Moderator

BlueCrew LA
    Ratings:
    +12,558 / 16 / -0
    I remember hearing about this happening a few times in MMA actually, I had to google it but Paul Kelly did something similar I believe. I can ask my buddy later who's a huge MMA fan boy.

Ortiz intentionally head-butted Maywether and apologized, well to me an apology means little after you do something like that. He wasn't hit in an action of sportsmanship, he was hit in an attempt to save face. I don't buy that someone can head-butt someone intentionally, then feel remorse soon after. Head- butting is one of the worst things that you can do in the ring besides hitting below the belt and biting.

I never said Boxing is devoid of steroid use and while MMA isn't, rather that MMA fighters take steroids which is inherit unsporting behavior. So, to me the MMA has no space to look down on boxing for being unsporting, the both have their issues. Just like no MMA fan can ever claim that unsporting behavior doesn't happen in the sport, or that somehow it's more classy. Emphatically the latter, I live in Vegas and I've been to a few fights. I can count on one hand the amount of fights I've been to when an unrelated fight didn't jump off in our outside the arena. I'm not necessarily against the sport, the attitudes of some of the fans/fighters/Dana White turn me off. I can't tell you how many times I've been out when a 5 foot nothing tough guy in a tap out shirt is staring me down looking for trouble. Please don't take offense because I'm not saying all fans are like that, but that small minority have prevented me from being a regular fan. Whereas under normal circumstances I probably would be, I love boxing.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011